• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,609 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,609

PreviousChapters Next
In Which Crusading is Crucial (TO BE EDITED. PLEASE IGNORE FOR NOW)

It was a normal Friday afternoon in Ponyville. The colts and fillies were running about the streets, celebrating their freedom from the school house, teenagers were hanging out in Sugarcube Corner, and-

“Cutie Mark Crusader Cult Leaders! Yay!”

And suddenly the entire populace of Ponyville shivered, looking around them in search of the three elusive spawn of Discord that had announced their intent to destroy part of their beloved village once more in the pursuit of their cutie marks. While there were those that acknowledged that Discord was only released from his prison a short time ago, it would not be hard for the self-proclaimed lord of chaos to travel back in time to bestow some of his power on three newborn foals. The three fillies meant well, truly, but at the same time-

“Ahh! Sweetie, no, you’re supposed to light the candles, not the tapestries! Quick, throw some water on it!”

~Fwoooosh!~

“Eeeeeek! S-Scoots, it got bigger! Applebloom, what do we do?!”

“There’s no need to fear!” an energetic, hyperactive voice cried from the crowd. “Pinkie Pie is here!”

The nearby crowd immediately vacated the premises. Though Pinkie Pie could be trusted, there was always a chance that things could still go wrong, and if it was going to happen, the further away from the Element of Laughter they were the safer they would be. There was just something about those mares that attracted trouble like nopony’s business. Which is a shame, many would lament, because Ponyville’s businesses could use a boost to the economy. Oh well. At least the construction companies were always busy with the rebuilding of the town using funds from the capital, so the businesses did well enough, which is beside the point.

The youngest Cutie Mark Crusader (only by a week, the filly would protest), Sweetie Belle, was running in circles as she tried to figure out how to put out the fire, when she heard Pinkie Pie’s declaration. “Pinkie!” She squeaked as she ran to the older mare, looking for help. “How do we put it out?! If my sister gets back and finds out this happened, she’ll never let me help her make dresses ever again!” her voice cracked at the end.

“Gummy 2.0! Use Water Gun!” Pinkie commanded, pointing a hoof imperiously at the fire.

The bipedal blue alligator saluted before his claws reached behind himself to pull out a Super-Rainer 3000, one of the latest models of waterguns to come out of Cloudsdale. (Guaranteed to soak you just as quickly as a standard-sized raincloud or your money back!) Cerulean took aim quickly before unleashing a torrential flow of water from the watergun, attacking the base of the fire before getting the surroundings as well. He quickly refilled the gun with his own deluge of water from his mouth, then kept up the assault.

Confused, Sweetie Belle turned to Pinkie, asking, “How come he’s using the gun instead of his mouth? Wouldn’t he be able to use more water that way?”

Pinkie giggle-snorted, retorting, “Well he needs to see what he’s hitting, doesn’t he silly? Besides, if he’s using his gun, that leaves his mouth available to use other attacks as well!”

Sweetie blinks, processing this information as the smoke begins to die down. “He needs to do two attacks at once? What is he attacking that needs fought? Evil? Darkness?”

“Ya can’t attack th’ darkness!” Applebloom argues, shaking herself as the water clinging to her pelt is flung every which way. “It’s dark! That’s like sayin’ you can attack the brightness!”

“Well why not?” Scootaloo argues, her feathers drenched from the water. “Crysalis attacked Celestia, and Celestia controls the sun, so that makes her brightness in a way, which means that you can too attack the brightness!”

Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie ignored the two arguing fillies as the elder explained. “Well, you see Sweetie, if he’s fighting something much bigger than him, he’ll need his chompers to get a grip on it, like Gummy does for my mane! That leaves him free to blast them in the face with Water Gun before running away. It’s very-”

“Oh my gosh!” Scootaloo exclaims, pointing her hoof down the road. “Check out that spikey bird! It’s so cool!”

As the smoke died down, all four ponies turned to see a pony-sized bird hop-skipping along, one of its wings bound up tight as it carried a bundle on its back. It had yellow, almost spike-like feathers, with some black feathers on the upper part of the wing. It had a long, drill-like beak, though it had a monochrome coloration along the head-feathers rather than white. Upon seeing the four ponies observing it, the bird gave a loud chirp, and began running as fast as its legs would allow.

Cerulean, startled, turns away from the smouldering ruins of the ruined tapestry, turning his gun towards the strange bird. “Tota!”

The bird spreads its wing, glaring at the Totadile as it squawked angrily. “Zapdos! Zap-Zappa-pados!”

Sweetie pokes Pinkie, asking, “Umm, Pinkie? What’s it saying?”

“I think he’s being challenged to a water-balloon fight! That or a muffin-eating contest… Not sure,” Pinkie says, rubbing her chin in thought.

The two Pokemon began to talk more, Cerulean looking more confused the more the Zapdos talked. As he began to lower his gun, however, Scootaloo struck. She jumped from behind the bush she had hid in, sneaking closer to the bird until it was in striking distance. With her battlecry on her lips, she leapt out, shouting, “Cutie Mark Crusader Bird Catcher! Yay!”

The Zapdos, surprisingly, froze up at the cry before immediately huddling down as best as it could, tucking its extended wing in as it dropped to lay on the ground. The young filly, shocked at the reaction of the radical-looking bird, forgot to extend her small net properly, and thus landed right next to the bird on her back, all trussed up.

The other three ponies gasp in horror as the strange, dangerous-looking bird Pokemon was now perfectly poised to strike the most impulsive crusader. “Gummy 2.0, quick, use Headbutt!”

Cerulean ignored the order, lowering his gun as he shook his head. Before Pinkie could verbalise her shock at his disobedience, the other two crusaders gasped in horror, clutching each other as the bird terrifyingly started helping Scootaloo out of the rope? The two fillies looked at each other, confused, as the bird seemed to dote on the young pegasus, carefully and deftly liberating Scootaloo.

“Uhh… Thanks?” Scootaloo said, confused. “Hey, Sweetie? Why is the bird helping me? I thought it would be angry.”

“Maybe it thinks you are its chick, and you triggered its maternal instincts?” the marshmallow-colored filly offered. “Oh! Wait, maybe it’s helping you so that you can help it with its wing! See how it’s all bound? It must have gotten hurt!”

“We gotta get it ta’ Fluttershy!” Applebloom exclaims, quickly getting the wagon ready. “Sweetie, get th’ helmets!”

“Girls, I don’t think that-”

“Cutie Mark Crusader Ambulence Drivers! Yay!” came the combined cry from the fillies, the bird blinking as it suddenly found itself seated comfortably between Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo’s wings buzzed before the wagon took off rocketing towards Fluttershy’s cottage, leaving a bewildered Pinkie Pie with Cerulean, who simply scratched his arm before yawning, putting the gun away on his back as he started to wander Ponyville once more.

“There is a game ahoof!” Pinkie declares, narrowing her eyes at the retreating fillies. “And I know just who to call to help…”

“So are ya a whoman?” Applebloom asks the yellow spiked bird eagerly. “What’s ya name? Is it Zapdos? Why are your feathers all spikey? Why’re ya carryin’ a bag?”

The bird blinks at the questions, seems to think for a moment before shaking its head, nods its head, shrugs, and then holds the bag a little tighter in its claws.

“Applebloom, stop!” Sweetie squeaks in protest. “Can’t you see she’s hurt? Stop interrogating her!”

“Ah’m just askin!” Applebloom objects, pouting. “Words don’t hurt nuthin’ so long as ya aren’t lyin!”

The wagon slows down as it approaches Fluttershy’s cottage, and much to the surprise of the fillies, the bird gives a delighted caw as she(?) quickly hops out of the wagon with bag in tow, making a beeline for the door, pecking at it rapidly.

“How does she already know who Fluttershy is?” Sweetie Belle questions, looking to Scootaloo.

“Beats me,” Scootaloo answers, though her eyes are slightly narrowed.

“Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy cries softly, peering at the injured bird on her front porch. “You poor thing! Here, let me-”

The Zapdos jumps forward, its good wing wrapping around the startled form of Fluttershy as it nuzzles a confused Fluttershy energetically.

The three fillies trot up to the door as well, two of the three fillies looking more confused. “Fluttershy?” Sweetie Belle asks. “Why is it nuzzling you like that?”

Scootaloo picks up the discarded bag, her hooves quickly unlatching it to reveal the contents. She lets out a pained gasp, quickly turning to Fluttershy and the bird, the latter looking at Scootaloo with sorrow in its eyes as Scootaloo shakily pulls out a familiar pith helmet. “D-Daring? Sis?”


Author's Note:

So uh... I'm back? Maybe? Not entirely sure yet, to be honest. I've had a lot going on, and different story ideas, one of them being Pokemon, but I can't just start one story while this one is incomplete, so I'm actually looking to find a way to put them together, and I think I've found it! I just need to get used to actually writing again. Please let me know if you find any mistakes? I'm sorry that this chapter has no Fluffy, but he's had a lot of time in the spotlight already. Next chapter should bring everyone together, so... Yeah. Already starting to write it, so here's hoping I get into the swing of writing again quickly! To all of you who have waited patiently this whole time, words cannot express how thankful I am, as well as how embarrassed I am that you have had to wait all this time. No one should have to wait that long, so I can only try to make the wait worth it, as well as to make updates constant again. Anywho, enough rambling! I need to get writing the next chapter! *Crosses fingers it won't take another year and a half*

PreviousChapters Next