• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,616 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,616

PreviousChapters Next
Wherein Tea Time is Taken Tentatively

I was not given long to ponder Crystal’s odd behavior, sadly, as the rest of the room quickly devolved into science babble. Well, most of the room. Part of the room?

Fine! Twilight devolved into technobabble. Excuse me for trying to spice things up a little and make it sound more engaging than it actually was. Twilight was practically ranting at… her brother, I guess? Wow. Talk about aiming high! I mean, he managed to marry a Pegacorn, or whatever they’re called. I still haven’t completely figured out their social structure, but I have noticed that any Pegacorn seems to be in a position of high authority, so that must have been really gutsy! Unless it’s the whole, “royalty must marry royalty” thing, in which case he’d qualify, since his sister is a princess, I guess?

Regardless, she and the Empress were certainly very friendly with each other, so either they were merely being polite with each other, or they were genuinely… Huh. Imagine that! Sisters-in-law that sincerely love each other like sisters. Or, well, better than sisters. Girlfriends! Except, you know, not in the dating sense, but in the what girls call each other when they’re good friends, and-

Yeah, just gonna shut up, since I’m rambling again. Either you know what I mean, or you don’t. Point is, Twilight was ranting to her brother and sister-in-law about how it wasn’t fair that she couldn’t figure out how the Pokemon language worked. So many variables and inconsistencies and restrictions and exceptions and-

If you don’t mind, I’m going to fast-forward past that to the more significant stuff that came after. It wasn’t very significant, per se, but compared to what was currently going on...

Anyway, in the midst of Twilight’s ranting, she said something that was almost missed, and if it had been missed, who knows how much longer it would have taken all of us to figure it out? Amazingly enough, it was Wisp and Kaye who caught it, having walked in at just the right time to hear just the important part.

“... everything is just crazy! I mean, even Discord hasn’t been able to figure it out, so I’m beginning to think-”

“But why can’t he?” Kaye asked, padding into the room after Wisp, sitting near Wisp as the pony poured them cups of tea.

Twilight replied with a blank look.

“Whut?” Kaye said, tilting her head. “He bees funny looking! Whai he can’t cast magics and stuff?”

“Good question,” Wisp mumbled to herself, tapping her chin. “Why can’t he?”

“Why can’t he what?” Twilight exclaimed, throwing her forehooves in the air.

“Has Discord tried to cast a spell to let ponies understand Pokemon?”

Twilight opened her muzzle, before turning to Shining Armor and Cadance. They both replied with the same shocked look.

“C-Cadance? Did you ask?” Twilight asked, her voice like a pin dropping, even though it was but a whisper.

“W-well, no,” Cadance said, looking to her husband. “But he would have if he…”

I could practically see the gears whirring in their brains. Now, from what I know of Q… Regardless of whether or not Discord was Q or not, they sure acted similarly, so I feel like I can make an educated guess, and say that he would totally not cast a spell like that unless asked, because it would be more fun to act as a translator, perhaps botching up words here and there on purpose to add to his fun.

“A’mour,” Cadance said, her voice faint, “would you please make sure Discord is summoned? Oh, and one last thing,” she added as he started to get up.

“Yes, Love?” Shining asked, shaking his head slightly to stave off the shock as he turned to Cadance.

As… romantic as it is to see married couples kiss, call me crazy, but I just- it is really weird to see two ponies kissing. Just gonna fast-forward past that, thank you…

“Could you pass the creame and sugar?”

“Gah!”

I jumped up several feet, I would estimate, as I heard Crystal ask something from right behind me. Well, it would have been from right next to me, but I had turned, so my back was-

Now, I’m sure you’re wondering when she got there. Well, that’s what I want to know too! Freaking ninaj’d me like a boss, and the worst part is, she is adamant to this day that she didn’t do anything different from normal.

While I panted for breath, Crystal gave me an odd look, her brow raised. “What’s got your tail in a bunch? I only asked for some milk and sugar for my tea…”

“You- that- why- don’t sneak up on me like that!” I panted, holding a paw to my chest as I fought against my fight-or-flight response.

Crystal blinked, before saying, “I’ve… been sitting here. For, like, a minute now.”

“O-oh yeah? Well, you, uh,” I argued excellently, using the fullest extent of my intellect and vocabulary, “you smell different!”

Crystal groaned, rolling her eyes. “Yeah, tell me about it. The soap here is scented to high heaven. Now seriously, give me the damned creame and sugar already. Unless you know where they’re hiding the alcohol, the-”

“Why certainly!” said a charismatic voice not a few feet behind us, causing us both to jump. “Anything for such… interesting characters!”

Discord snapped his talons, and a margarita glass appeared in Crystal’s paw, no salt, filled with a bright, amber liquid. Crystal and I both blinked, stunned at the sudden appearance of both drink and Discord. Crystal leaned forward, nose twitching as she sniffed the drink. “I… I’m not even going to ask how you knew my favourite scotch. I don’t care anymore, so thanks.”

I could only stare as Crystal practically chugged several swallows, only to find that the liquid inside wasn’t decreasing in volume. Discord coughed into his paw, adding, “I am legally obliged to remind you that drinking in such excess is bad for your health, even if it will help you forg-”

”Discord-”

Holy friggin… Dammit Luna! Would all of the girls in this frelling world stop ninja’ing me?! I swear, they all need cat bells or something! I thought Flareon were supposed to have good hearing! What gives?!

Gives what? A crap? I could give that, sure, but there isn’t exactly a whole lot of room up here, and I know better than to do in the area as where you sleep.

... Gee, thanks, Brian. I uh, appreciate the thought. You mind just, I don’t know, buggering off for awhile? I could use the extra processing speed.

You know, Brian replied, sounding oddly echo-y. I think I just might… You’ll be fine, though, I’m sure of it. It’s about time this happened.

Oh… kay?

Seriously, that was highly unnerving. I don’t… I can’t…

I sighed, then deadpanned, “Okay Discord, hit me up, please. I just… I’m done with this.”

In the vacuum of silence in my head, without Brian to say anything, it was only after I heard Discord starting to laugh that I realised that I may have moderately frelled myself up.

If only I knew then how right I was…

Author's Note:

Sorry everyone... If you don't read my blogs, first I had gotten sick, then I wasn't getting better for weeks, then finals happened...

It took until my BIRTHDAY to be able to write the second half of this, and I hope to have another chapter later today or tomorrow, honestly. Needed to get this chapter to an end so I can regather my thoughts, start fresh, and keep the same idea or what have you going through the entire chapter. This one feels too... pieced together, to me.

Just a reminder, though it'll be in the title as well, that the NEXT chapter is what was going to be the April Foal's chapter, so it will be appropriately marked, and hopefully added here shortly. Thank you so much for your patience!

PreviousChapters Next