• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 9,616 Views, 1,058 Comments

Looking Through the Pokeball - Magical Trevor



Pokemon start to appear in Equestria, but they don't seem to be the same as the stories in the myths once claimed...

  • ...
34
 1,058
 9,616

PreviousChapters Next
In Which Music is Acquired? Part 1

That was awesome! Sure, I’m having to relearn music from their perspective, but when it comes to music, I’m a fast learner. Which is a good thing, ‘cause uh… the lesson didn’t exactly last for very long before it just…

Sorry, lemme backtrack. See, Sweetie got about ten minutes into the lesson before Jess showed up with Moony and Blood. Things… kind of evolved from there…

Wow… she has a really beautiful singing voice, I thought to myself, completely mesmerized by Sona’s voice.

Who, what? Oh. Sona is her new nickname. See, cause her name is Starlight Sonata, and she has blue hair like Sona from League of Legends, so...

Fine. Whatever. Like I care what you think of my nicknames! If it’s not Sona, it’s Stareh, so take your pick! Point is, she’s got an amazing voice. Sweetie is, ah, what’s the word… Right. Decent. She’s decent. She’ll be an amazing singer when she grows up, that’s for sure, but she’s still pretty raw.

So I’m just relaxing, since, you know, my muscles are molten lead and all. So I’m trying to multi-task. Simple, right? You might think so, but when you’re trying to learn how the ‘new’ music system is organized, as well as trying to relearn how to read, it doesn’t exactly work out that well. Who knew?

Anyone with a brain, dirtbag.

Oh, I’m sorry, did the peanut gallery have something to say? No? Alright then!

Actually, I-

Just ignore him, folks. Give him too much attention and he might think that he’s important or something.

*Knock knock knock*

Everyone paused as we looked to the door. Doors can do tricks, you know. They can open in people’s faces! They just wanna give you a great, big, wooden hug. They’re friendly like that.

Rarity trot towards the door, ready to greet a customer, when the door opened on its own (see? I told you that they like to do that!) to reveal Crystal, Moony, and Whatshisface. Hmm, that’s a good point. I don’t really know him or anything about him. And if Jess is good friends with him, then he’s either a dick, or he’s actually a decent guy. Whelp, there’s only one way to find out!

~Ad-friend-sure Tiem!~

I staggered to my paws, (and despite whatever Jess might tell you, I most certainly did not whimper like a total sissy. If anything, it was like a total wimp. There’s a huge difference.) then made my way to the doorway, so that I might better eavesdrop. What? I’m not gonna sugarcoat it! I can’t afford to coat anything in sugar since I’m on a diet, so yeah. Better stay on the up and up with honesty. After all, she packs a mean kick.

I staggered past Moony, ignored Jess, and settled down next to the door so I could listen in.

“What are you doing?” Jess asked, standing right in the doorway. Of friggin course.

“Trying to eavesdrop, what does it look like?” I hiss, lunging towards her to pull her back out. Or I would have, if I didn’t collapse like a wimp as my muscles rebelled yet again.

Didn’t help that Jess started laughing at me. “You are such a dork! I can’t believe I thought you were a jock. Wow.”

“Yeah, well, I was still right about you being a bitch after all, so I guess I win,” I grumble, not really thinking about what I just said.

There’s silence for a moment, before she states, “You realise I’m gonna kick your ass later, once you’re done being a wimpy wuss, right?”

“That’s future Glenn’s problem,” I mumbled, fighting the urge to take a nap in the hallway. Thank God I still hurt so much. Makes it harder to doze off.

Now, some of you might be thinking, “Hey, come on! What’s the big deal? Naps are awesome!” I would be inclined to agree with you if I had ever actually experienced a nap before… See, the first, and last, time I remember trying to take a nap was in middle school. I fell asleep in our large comforter, and woke up right around bed-time. I couldn’t sleep. I laid awake in bed for hours, trying to sleep, only for it to elude me. My sleep schedule was screwed up for a good week, and that entire week I got less sleep than normal, thus negating any positive aspects of the nap I took that started that whole mess.

So yeah, I kinda swore off naps after that. Naps never did any good for me, so I can’t nap. Sleeping in, now, you ask? Nope… See, the latest I have ever ‘slept in’ was eleven in the morning, but before you start to say “Hey, that’s totally sleeping in, that’s legit!” allow me to inform you… I didn’t get to bed until three or four AM that day due to a flight. I’ve only ever been able to sleep for around six hours before I wake up and stay up. I might stay in bed for eight hours, but those last two are closer to dozing and refusing to get out of bed because I’m a lazy ass.

Err, sorry, I mean bastard. A lazy bastard. (I keep forgetting that here, an ‘ass’ is an actual animal that can talk and think like ponies can, so… Yeah. Sorry about that.)

Sorry, got side-tracked. Where was I? Oh, right. Past Glenn. Damn you, past Glenn! That really hurts, you know!

Jess rolled her eyes at me, sitting down. “Meh, fair enough. A butt-whooping now versus later doesn’t really change much, after all, so sure. I can make it later. It’s your funeral, after all.”

“You bet’cha,” I nodded, yawning. “Gonna be the funnest funeral there ever was. Cap’n Hawkeye is giving my eulogy, and there’s gonna be pizza, and balloons, and clowns, and blackjack, an-”

“Hookers?”

“Well duh. How can you have blackjack without hookers?! That’s like not offering someone cheese with their whining.”

“Yeah, I-”

“Shh! Quiet you two! They’re finally getting to the good part!” Pinkie Pie hushed us, placing a glass against the wall to try to enhance the volume through the wall.

“Gah!”

Jess and I shot up, started at her sudden appearance. How did she get in here?! We didn’t even hear the door open!

“Yeah, she does that. Sorry bro.” Cerulean shrugged from Pinkie’s back, then leaned against the wall to listen in as well.

Jess and I glanced at each other, a bit red-faced from being startled, but we shook it off. After all, we had eavesdropping to do! Laying back down, we both angled our heads at the entrance of the doorway so that our ears could poke in, allowing us to hear without totally giving away our position.

“Well, then what are our other options?” Rarity asked, quirking an eyebrow at Prince Blueblood. “It seems to me that either you trust our judgement, or you don’t.”

Blueblood sighed, the wind lancing his hoofkerchief in his pocket. “The problem I see,” he said sedately, a slight pause between his words, “is that you and Miss Fluttershy are trying to teach me that which I have already been educated since I was but a colt. I do not require further refinement of manners. What I need assistance has to do with how to tell Twilight that I am serious, without frightening her with feelings that, to her countenance, have appeared from vapor.”

“Hmm, yes,” Rarity admitted, frowning as her hoof tapped her chin. “That is a problem, certainly… Too subtle, and she’ll shrug it off as you practicing for your crush, and anything too blatant will scare her off… I think,” Rarity said slowly, eyes narrowing. “What we need is an expert’s help… I do believe it’s time I cashed in a favour.”

“With whom?” Blueblood asked, furrowed eyebrows the only sign betraying his inquiry as confusion.

“Why, with Princess Cadance, of course. Who better than to help than the princess… of…”

*Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.*

Rarity trailed off, blinking in shock at Blueblood’s reaction. “Um, Blueblood, darling, can you please stop that? I just had that wall fixed last week.”

*Thump*

Author's Note:

Sorry it's so short, but with the backstory about to come in, I figured it was best to split this up. I'm also trying to figure out how I can update more often while avoiding April Foal's Day in a few weeks. Meh. Oh well.

Life has been hectic. School is actually moderately fun this semester, but is still work. Still looking for a job, so there's that. And then there's just fighting the general apathy So yeah. Sorry for the wait. I'll try to have the second part for you guys here shortly. :twilightblush:

PreviousChapters Next