• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 653 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 653

Epilogue: The Fourth

One month later, aboard the prison ship Forward Unto Dawn...

The door to the prison cell opened quietly, but Chrysalis heard it still. She looked up, even though she knew the light shown on her and the darkness around her concealed the identity of the interrogator.

"What do you want?" she hissed.

A chuckle came from the other end of the table. "Only a little information, dear Chrysalis."

"Ha! I told you everything I knew about my own nation! You know it.... Wait. What did you call me?"

"Dear Chrysalis." Came the voice, a maddeningly familiar one, a male. She had heard it before, so long ago...

Chrysalis sighed. "Who are you. You do not what information on the Hive! Your no Equestrian! You..."

The voice suddenly got serious. "I want you to tell me about Nightmare Moon."

Chrysalis blinked, surprised to an extent beyond believing. "The demon that controlled Luna? She's dead. Nothing more."

The voice chuckled again. "We both know that's poppycock. She was a prominent figure when you were young."

Chrysalis nodded. "Indeed she was. Wait, if you know that, then you know who she was, what place she held in society! That she was...." she trailed off, blinking, trying to oppress memories of old, when she was a young changeling princess serving under the original Elements of Harmony.

The voice continued. "Say it, and I'll tell you who I am. At the same time, I have two changelings disguised as guards outside, they'll take you away."

Chrysalis sighed. "She was the fourth."

"Good." came the voice. "Now tell me where she is."

Chrysalis snarled. "She's dead, and we both know that."

A sigh came from the other. "Oh really?"

Chrysalis frowned. "Who are you? Then I'll talk."

Silence. Utter silence. Chrysalis began worrying that the interrogator would use force, when something happened.

A single object, a glass, slid out of the darkness into the light.

Chrysalis slowly let her jaw drop. No it couldn't be. Him, asking those questions? What for? He was with her all those years ago. And yet, here it was. The evidence the liquid in that little glass. And not even a rare liquid, just something you might see in the everyday household.

Chocolate Milk.

Author's Note:

Recommended music: Red Vs. Blue: Meta Theme

Comments ( 4 )

Gorgeous story sir

3028700 Thank you, but I'm nothing compared to some guys out there.

Comment posted by Spazzy Straws ThePony deleted Oct 17th, 2013

3321524

What took you so long? Anyway, thanks.

Login or register to comment