• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 651 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 651

New Equestria Pt. 1

The second the Crescent left jump, along with the 12th Fleet, Twilight was awed.

New Equestria was a large green orb, made up of almost completely of grasslands. In the center, around the equator, was a massive circular city, bristling with lights.

The orbital details were no less astounding. With twin moons, there was plenty of places to set up military bases. One such moon was almost untouched, but the other was covered in shipyards and defensive stations. The same with the orbit. Dozens of defensive satellites floated around, and at least two hundred warships of various sizes, including four more Eclipse-Class.

Gilda smiled. "Welcome to the seat of the New Lunar Republic, Twilight Sparkle. You know, it wasn't my descision to kidnap you."

Twilight looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean? Who did?"

Gilda smiled. "Who do you think?"

Suddenly, the comm exploded into chatter. "The Crescent is back! And they've got a whole Solar Empire Fleet with them!"

Gilda hit the comm. "Don't crowd us! I just want a landing zone planet side, or at least a shuttle! And, to all you idiotic dweebs out there, if you get in our way, we will fire on you! Just a fair warning. I need a shuttle to the ground for four. Intended destination: the Royal Palace."

....
Half an hour later...

The city looked even more amazing up close. Twilight was awed by the magnificent architecture sprouting from colossal skyscrapers. Drake was even more so. Dozens of ponies lined the streets, and vehicles were common. However, they could only barely hint at what was on the street, as they were on a landing platform nearly two thousand feet in the air.

The Royal Palace was almost nothing like the one in Canterlot. Instead of being spread around over several miles, this building was a single garganutan skyscraper. This one was also more heavily guarded, with AA turrets sprouting from the corners of the square roof, and regular guard patrols ever minute.

The doors were large, but not very ornate. Four guards stood on watch. When they saw Gilda, they saluted, and immediately opened the doors.

Inside was, again, a very bland throne room. Sitting on the throne was somepony Twiight expected, but still was hoping she wouldn't see. Princess Luna.

However, she looked different, almost sad. She was definitely tired, and her jewelry looked like it no longer fit her. Still, when she saw them, she smiled weakly. "Twlight. How was your ride here?" she said, her Royal accent all but gone.

Twilight felt pity for the Princess, but still answered her mind. "Well, if you call being kidnapped by a force hostile to my nation, being fired upon, attacked by demons, and being dragged halfway around the darned universe fun, then yes."

Luna smiled all the way until she heard demons. After Twilight was done, she turned to Gilda. "Demons?"

Gilda nodded. "Afraid so. And, worse, I have rights to believe Celestia is possessed by a demon."

At this, Luna's eyes shot up. "That would explain a lot. Alright, we"

Suddenly, she was cut off by an air sine, and the call "To all units! Intruder alert! Unknown hostiles on roof! Unknown point of entry! We are under attack! This is no drill!"

Immediately, Luna, abound with old vigor, hit a button on the throne, and a holographic female alicorn popped up on a nearby table.

Twilight recoiled. "Is that an artificial intelligence?" she asked, awed.

Luna ignored her, and asked "Dusk, I need info. What's attacking us?"

The A.I. tunred to her. "Hold on, a sec," she said. "Ummm, Luna, you aren't going to like this..."

Luna frowned. "What is it?"

The A.I. looked at Twilight. "Well, I think their idea is correct. We have multiple Solar Empire transponders, along with several magical sentient energy sources. Extraplanar."

Twilight paled. Extraplanar sentient energy sources. Demons had come to the capital of the Republic.

Author's Note:

Part one of the stories abound in the capital of the New Lunar Republic.