• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 651 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 651

Innocent Apologetic Kidnapping

Daring is our middle name...

***

Twilight woke several minutes later. She found herself on what looked like the bridge of the Crescent, next to the captains chair. And what a chair it was! It looked more like it belonged in an antique shop. It had a cushioned seat and backrest. The arms were pure gold, inlaid with diamonds and other precious gems. Yet, it still had the technological look of a commanders chair. Wires wound there way all around. On the arms, along with the gems, were flashing lights. And, most impressive of all, a 2D hologram of the entire ship stood in front of it. On the chair, sitting grandly with her claw scratching her chin, was Gilda.

Suddenly, a shout brought Twilight to look at the rest of the room. It was no less grand. The controls were outlined in beautiful designs, the most grandiose of which was a platinum dragon curling its way around the helm. Around a dozen different ranking personnel of the Republic rushed about, one staying situated on the helm, several others on various consoles, and a couple overlooking there peers to provide assistance.

Twilight didn't catch the initial shout, but it caused Gilda to flinch. "Bring us about." She ordered, "We need to get the Drive time to recharge for the jump."

"Ma'am," came one stallion, "Message incoming! Its from the Celestia!" The Celestia was the flagship of the Solar Empire fleet, a Solar-Class Battleship.

Gilda sighed. "That would be the negotiators. Patch them through."

A crackle sound filled the room as Shining Armor's voice came through the comm. "Unknown Lunar Republic ship, we request you surrender and disable your weapons and engines."

Gilda snickered, putting on a performance for her audience of Solar Empire military men. "Oh really? What is stopping us from leaving right now?"

Shining Armor returned the snicker. "An Interdictor-class Cruiser." He deadpanned.

Every person on the bridge paled. An Interdictor was a weapon not because of her guns. Because of her ability to stop ships from using Teleportation Drive is what made them truly fearsome.

With a click, the comm went off.

Gilda, terrified, asked quietly; "How long do we have until the Interdictor's generators are online?"

An officer shakily replied "Two minutes ma'am."

Gilda shook herself. Then, her good old demeanor returned. "Well?!?!" she shouted. "What are you dweebs doing! We have to try to outrun that charge!"

Utter silence. Then, the officer who had spoke smiled and nodded. "Yes Ma'am."

The ship shook violently at that moment. One of the marines guarding the door fell over. Red lights flashed.

Gilda started shouted. "REPORT!!! What in the name of Tartarus just hit us!?"

A tech at the one of the consoles replied "Magnetic Accelerator Cannon round Ma'am! Shields are at ten percent charge!"

Gilda's mouth contorted into a grimace. "There firing on us? The little sons of bit..."

She was cut off as another MAC skimmed the shields. Immediately, shields failed, and alarms blared.

"Captain! Interdictor field will be charged in twenty seconds!!!"

Gilda sighed. She fingered a button on the right arm of her chair.

The officer, Twilight supposed he was the first mate, paled. "Ma'am, we don't know if the Drive is fully charged!"

Gilda smiled. "Well, we're just going to find out, aren't we?"

On the stroke of the twentieth second, Gilda pushed the button.

For a quarter second, the ship gave a sickening lurch. Did the Interdictor have them?

Then, gloriously, the view-port flashed, and the void of space was replaced by the sparkling, ever-shifting colors of inter-dimensional travel.

All was quiet for several seconds. Then, the entire ship broke out in cheers as the crew celebrated their close call. Even Twilight tried to cheer, but as she tried to stand, agony rocked through her body. Once again, she found her head against the ground, the last thing she saw was Gilda noticing her, and rushing over to her side.

Author's Note:

More grand and over-done title; The Escape of the Crescent

Not much to quote here, except for the Interdictor. The Interdictor-class Cruiser was a tool of the Empire in Star Wars.