• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 653 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 653

The Twinkling Stars

Twilight was dumbstruck by those raised against her. A dozen guards, Cadace, standing off to the side, Shining Armor, Celestia, and, most seeing of all, her final four friends.

Celestia smiled at their entry. "Traitors. Seize them."

"Stop!" yelled Twilight. "What in the name of Tarterus are you all doing? Every one of you!"

The group looked at each other, confused. Applejack spoke for them; "Uh, Twi, you sure thats right, cause I thought...." she trailed off, looking very confused.

Twilight continued. "Really, truly. You do not notice Celestia is possessed by a demon?"

Celestia recoiled. "What are you talking about, Twilight?"

Twilight laughed a second time. "Celestia, when did I once say to you I was a traitor? I could be plotting against Luna this very second, but you wish me executed, your own student!"

Celestia blinked. "But you have actively resisted..."

Twilight shook her head. "No. I haven't touched a hair on anyponys' head that weren't trying to hurt me just now. Otherwise, when did I resist you? When the 12th fleet tried to capture me? They made the choice of turning traitor themselves. When the two frigates attempted to destroy the Crescent? The Crescents crew fired upon them, not me, and it was solely in self defense. When the changeling crack team YOU hired attacked me at New Equestria? I simply talked to them and opened up their communication system. And, finally, and most recently, the demons you sent with the changelings to create portals in New Equestria, bringing the Republic to its knees? That, I did actively resist, but Celestia, according to article 24 paragraph C of the Equestrian book of laws, the consorting with demons of any kind, no matter whom is doing so, is illegal, with a death sentence."

Utter silence. Then Celestia spoke up. "Still, you have no proof! Captain..."

Twilight again interrupted. "Which brings me to YOU brother. You would arrest your own sister? I also believe that the Captain of the Royal Guards gets to execute traitors. That's saying right now, if you agree with Celestia, that you will be PERSONALLY killing your own younger sister! And you are also the Empires filing ant AGAINST demons, yet you work with Celestia right now, when she is possessed by one."

Shining stood dumbfounded. "Twily..."

Twilight held up a hoof. "I. Have one more party to talk to. Friends. Why? I do not mind you standing against me. You have done that many times. But you are standing in the way of saving lives. Applejack, Element of Honesty, do you truly believe how the Republic is being treated now is fair? Fluttershy, Element of Kindness, this war is shredding ponies apart. Do you not resent that? Rarity, Element of Generousity, you should give the Republic something extremely generous; a second chance. Pinkie Pie, no pony likes laughing during a war, right? You do not realize the evil at the heart of this."

Celestia shook her head. "No! She speaks lies! She is trying to trick you, to think that I am an evil demon trying to take advantage of you and take over this portion of the galaxy. Yet you believe this filly who is convinced that I used demons I had summoned to kill her!"

Shining blinked. "Of course. Guards, I politely request you put Princess Celestia under arrest for the act of summoning demons and high treason against both the Solar Empire and the New Lunar Republic! Oh, and Celestia, if your wondering, you said 'demons I had summoned', which concludes that you did summon extraplanar creatures. And, next to that, I know Twiley. She isn't the type to lie about something like that."

Celestia's jaw dropped. "Alright then, my turn."

Time froze. Suddenly, Twilight was hovering in her spirit form above her body. The only other that was with her was the demon. Twilight smiled. "Fancy it being you all along."

The semi-demon, being only part demon, nodded, a glass of chocolate milk appearing in one hand. "We have much to talk about, Twilight Sparkle." Discord replied.

Author's Note:

Not much to say, other than:

Why the hell is Discord, a good guy, working with demons while in possession of Celestia trying to destroy the New Lunar Republic and take over the galaxy?