• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 651 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 651

Prologue

Pony-kind has long looked to the stars with interest.

Millennium after the first fall of Nightmare Moon, just after the return of the Crystal Empire, the country known as Equestria launched the first manned rocket. Soon after non-alicorns reached the moon.

Five years later, the machine known as the Teleportation Drive was invented, allowing large objects to be launched great distances at faster then light-speed. Within two months, Equestria, now the Solar Empire, had colonized two close star systems.

However, no empire is right without insurgencies. Soon after, the Discordant Insurrection rose up in the star system Alpha Centari. The Solar Empire was on top of them immediately. A new power was discovered. Celestia, ruler of the Empire, could, within a light year of a star, manipulate it's properties. Most cheered as the Discordant Insurrection surrendered as Alpha Centari's sun flickered under Celestia's might.

However, not all were happy with Celestia's new-found power. A few, lead by Celestia's sister, Luna, broke away from the empire, forming the New Lunar Republic.

It has been three years since the invention of the Teleportation Drive. The Solar Empire spans dozens of light-years. Yet still, in the height of it's power, it is being torn apart by a civil war.

Aboard the E.S.S. Gazer, a cargo ship in orbit around Earth, capital of the Solar Empire, a certain student of the Princess is to learn what this war really means.

Author's Note:

Lets get this party started!!! A nice short chapter to get ready for the story.

Picture that inspired this from my deviantart favs; http://dragon191917.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=144#/d4n7tdt