• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 651 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 651

New Equestria Pt. 5

Freedom Bridge. Once the greatest highway in the city. It was nearly two hundred feet across, and spanned the length of the entire city and out into the nearby facilities. It would normally be crowded with the cities nine million residents, whom would be driving, walking, or flying on their own business. Now, it was a shambled, cratered wreck as fighting raged across the city.

The civilian evacuations had begun an hour ago, and dawn was soon approaching. Meanwhile, the night still persisted, and flashes of gunfire showed the bloody city fight was far from over. The scariest part about the attack was cultists. The demons had brought with them innumerable cultist fanatics. They made up for the demons lack in numbers, and what they made up for in quality, they crushed with quantity. Freedom Bridge was almost neutral ground, scarily quiet as Twilight and several Republic soldiers walked along it.

Twilight was moving towards the spire that supposedly held the source of the strange spell. She was worried, and slightly distracted. Being so distracted, she felt her hoof fall into some liquid.

She immediately froze. She closed her eyes, preparing herself, and looked down.

Seconds later she was see her lunch fly down far below at the side of the bridge. It had been a republic soldier. Had been.

She felt a hoof pat her back. He's turned to see the leader of the squad, a sergeant. She never knew his name. He politely eyed her and said; "Come on. We need to keep moving, or we'll end up like that." he said, gesturing to the grotesque remains.

So they continued. Twilight was with four moderately armed troopers. She thought it was peace meal, but she never said so. Unfortunatly, she was to prove all too correct when a dozen cultists jumped out of hiding.

Immediately, the five ponies found themselves hiding behind rumble, pinned. Then, the sergeant nodded at his soldiers, and they all went up and let loose their guns.

At first, it worked. The cultists stopped firing. Then, realizing they were superior, returned fire, and took hit.

Twilight looked down at the dying soldier, who would never see his friends or family again, and looked back at the cultists. They had made a fatal mistake. They made Twilight angry.

Several minutes later, the squad, one pony short, continued on, with Twilight in the lead, and several traumatized troopers behind her.

Several minutes after those several minutes, they arrived at the off-road to the tower, which, to Twilight's magic sensitivity, was like a sun going supernova.

She couldn't do anything.

She simply turned, and it was simply too late. A portal had opened behind them, discourging a dozen demons before dissapitating. She watched helplessly as the soldiers were cut to ribbons.

Slowly, the demons walked towards her, ready to kill. For the second time in this adventure, she closed her eyes, resigning to her fate.

BANG! "No you don't, you DWEEBS!" cackled a voice all too familiar. Twilight turned to see Gilda and Drake, smiling. Their smiles vanished a minute later, however, and Gilda's jaw dropped. "No... No, your DEAD!"

Twilight turned, and her own jaw hit the ground. "B-but, how?"

The Moonjumper, helmet heroically belted onto her side, an assault rifle in her hoofs, above a smoking pile of demonic corpses, her smiling face revealed to all. "What? You miss me?" said the peculiar maned pegasus, who's hair was striped with the different colors of the rainbow. "You eggheads best get moving. We got fighting to do. Try to keep up." Rainbow Dash smirked, and flew off.

Immediately, Gilda smiled and shook her head. "They say war changes ponies. And it does sometimes. But sometimes, ha, it doesn't do hell." With that, the trio ran off in pursuit of the long lost friend.

...

They weren't all smiles a few minutes later walking down the stairs of the giant building. Dash chuckled. "So, Twilight, hows the gang? Since I joined up, I haven't heard much."

Twilight managed to pant; "Bit of a bad time, Dash!"

Dash shrugged.

Then, they got to the bottom., out into a courtyard.

Twilight had to shield her eyes. When they adjusted to the light, they simply blinked, trying to figure out if this was an illusion or not. The room was covered in demons and the results of demonic presence, like warped walls, etc. but they all seemed to stand frozen. In the center, there was the crashed shuttle. Next to the shuttle, Fury floated in the air, suspended. At the tip of his horn was Dusks chip, the source of the light. On the ground, still unconscious, laid Luna.

Immediately, they opened up on the demons, who broke out of their trance and attacked. However, by far the most efficient character on the field was Dash. She went from demon to demon, killing with ruthless efficency.

They quickly decimated the demons. However, just as the fight was dying down, a demon floated up to Twilight's ear and whispered "Look to the leader of Moonjumpers. She may be against my master, but she is the true enemy!"

Twilight ignored it and shot a hole straight through the things head.

Unfortunatly, at that exact moment, the spell was finished.

The last thing Twilight saw was a great flash of light, then nothing...

...

General Nightshade panicked. "What do you mean the spell is discharging!? I want to"

He was knocked flat, out cold.

...

The navy, in orbit, also was hit.

"This is Admiral Dogtag, all ships mo..."

Suddenly, ever ship became a possible tomb. All the crew were rocked, and every system besides life support went out. They were out of power, gravity, and, worst of all, engines. They would soon begin to collide.

...

Celestia's eyes lit up, and she stood in her bed with lightning speed just as the maid walked in.

"Um, your majesty, are you OK?"

Celestia nodded lightly. "Yes. I'm fine. I just felt a disturbance in magic, nothing more."

When the maid left, Celestia looked out her balcony, toward the stars just starting to be outshone by the rising sun, and sighed. "Twilight Sparkle, what have you done this time." Inwardly, the true Celestia smiled. But the one in control frowned. This would complicate things...

Author's Note:

What's this? Possibly the entire Republic on its knees? Let's see what happens.

Oh, and the identity of the Moonjumper is finally revealed. Who saw that coming?!