• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 651 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 651

Where'd she go?

Twilight opened her eyes.

Just as she did so, Celestia fell to the ground, to which several guards ran up, worried. But Celestia got back up, looking very confused.

Of course, that was the least of the interesting facts. Especially when the door blew open.

Suddenly, eight Moonjumpers, Rainbow included, helmets on, galloped into the room. Immediately, they took up positions in two separate lines, looking at each other, and gave a brisk right hoof salute, just as the most unexpected pony walked into the room.

Luna's eyes widened, and her mouth hung loosely open, unable to speak. Celestia, freed of Discords influence, looked at her in awe. But Cadance reached the most surprisingly. She dropped to her knees and said one word; "Mother!"

Twilight looked in amazement at the fourth Alicorn, the third sister. She was a deep black coat color. Her hair was a deep red, and her eyes were a orange color. Her eyes were most startling, for they were constantly changing, a rainbow of light. Her cutie mark was that of a solar system with the rings. Her glory, however, was hard to see, for Io's face was contorted in fury.

"Where is he!" she shouted. "Where is the treacherous scum!" she blinked. "Blast it, he's gone! Major Dash!" the Moonjumper in Dash's turned toward her. "I need a scan of the area! He had to go somewhere..."

Just as she said that, a soldier from outside ran in and screamed "MAGIC RUPTURE! EVERYPONY GET DOWN!"

No sooner then that left the mouth of the trooper than every window in the room shattered. This massive blast was followed by a tremendous sound, louder than any explosion. When everypony recovered, they saw a massive ship hovering above the city out the broken windows.

It was gargantuan, easily the size of the Crescent. It was long and ovaloid, with a pair of great fins. It bristled with weapons, sensors, and other things. It was painted a maroon color, and was DEFINITELY not a ship of either the Republic or the Solar Empire. Within a few moments, it jumped again. Disappearing in similar noise and blast.

Io was the first to recover. "He got away, damn it!" Slowly, her temper began to defuse, and she panted heavily.

Celestia stood up, wobbly, but OK. "Sister, I'm sorry. I was not prepared when he attacked me. Forgive me."

Io nodded. "Indeed. I forgive you, but that traitorous cheater got away! Discord, I swear I will kill you!"

Luna sighed. "That's a bit harsh. He was your love after all. And, if I remember anything about the time you were in love, everypony was happy. Even our oldest sister..." she trailed off.

Celestia nodded. "Never speak of her as our sister. She betrayed us all. But Twilight..." she looked up, only to find the mare gone, inexplicably. "Twilight?"

Io joined her, but for a different pony. "Major Dash?"

....

Gilda sat at the captains chair in the Crescent. They apparently we're the only ones in the fleet that got the unknown ships coordinates before it jumped. She certainly wasn't going to tell the other units. She wanted this prize for herself and her crew, even of it was suicide. Anyway, a Draconequus was too hard to pass up.

"Leaving without us?" came a familiar voice through the comm. "Is this a private party or can anypony join?"

Gilda smiled. "Drake, I'll send your ships the coordinates, but don't give any of the other ships the numbers. I want this to be you and me only. Follow us out."

Gilda sighed. "Alright, all units, stations."

"You know Gilda, I understand you to dissapear without a trace twice, but a third time? Without me?"

Gilda lept out of her chair and looked around. There, standing in the doorway, was a lithe Moonjumper with a cyan coat and rainbow colored hair. Next to her was a young purple unicorn. Both were smiling.

Gilda smiled and tipped her hat. "Good to have you aboard, but you realize how dangerous this is?"

Rainbow nodded. "I know."

Gilda raised an eyebrow. "We may never come back, and you may never see your friends again!"

Rainbow smiled. "I kicked a dragon in the nose."

Gilda blinked. "Never heard about that one. But still, we could come out of jump in a star!"

Rainbow laughed, a great, cheerful sound. "Gilda, if we come out of here in a star, then I swear I'll be unhappy you were right. But, does it look like we're in a star now? No. So, until then, push the bloody button."

Twilight licked her lips. "Yea, let's get this over with. It's been years since I was in my prime. I don't want anymore adventures."

Rainbow and Gilda both laughed this time and simultaneously said; "When your around me Twilight, theres no such thing as no more adventures!!!"

Then Gilda pushed the button.

Once again, they found themselves pulling into the reccesses of space aboard the Crescent. When they got to their location, they fought, and fought. Eventually, after following Discord across the galaxy, they met up with the new United Equestria, and the true adventure began. It involved fighting, romance, suspense, mystery, to keep you on your hooves until the very end, asking the very question: "Who's the bad guy?" But not this time. Why, you ask, I do not continue this story right now? Well, I have my reasons, do I not?

Author's Note:

And so We Have Our Reasons comes to an end, and our friends run off in search of Discord, who they will not meet for another year. The next book, "Operation Sombra" will be out soon, and I hope you enjoyed.

Oh, what's this, an extra chapter? Hm, interesting...