• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 651 Views, 14 Comments

We have our Reasons... - dragon191917



Pony-kind has always looked to the stars with interest. Now they can reach them.

  • ...
3
 14
 651

A Chat with an Old Friend

Two chairs appeared out of no were, and floated in the air for the two spirits to sit.

Twilight sighed. "Why Discord, why did you betray us?"

He sighed. "I guess I have to start from the beginning. You may or may not know this but once upon a time I fell in love with Princess Io, the second oldest sister in the Princesses family."

Twilight interrupted, curious. "Wait, second oldest? Who was the oldest?"

Discord smiled. "The oldest is the reason I'm doing this, but that's another story. I was madly in love. I changed my look into that of a young unicorn and began courting her. Soon, she gave birth to a young filly named Mi Amora Cadenza. I immediately the child was mine, for she had been virgin until she met me. I became worried. Then, a pair of hooligan Draconequus snuck into the castle and attempted to murder the young princesses Luna and Celestia. Io looked into it, and when she found it was the Draconequus who were responsible, she flew into one of her famous rages. She order the extermination of all Draconequus. Soon, my kind were dying all around me. So, one day, at high noon, when none of the other princesses were there, I walked into the thrown room and revealed who I truly was. She was disgusted and called me a lying, cheating monster, and even blamed me for the attempted murder! I pleaded for her to forgive me and my kind, but she would hear none of it. Soon, I was the last of my kind, being held prisoner by the one I once loved. So, in final retribution, I walked up to her one day, when she allowed me too. She was wearing a beutiful gown that day, and I recognized it as the same one she had worn on our first date. I asked her to forgive me, and I banished her with my power. After that, I went quite mad, until Celestia and Luna put me into stone. You know the rest up to the recent. When I betrayed you, and created the insurrection, I had too. Long ago, in an attempt to save myself from Io, I made a pact with demons. Thus, I had to do their bidding when the insurrection rose. I never wanted to abandon you, especially Fluttershy. But I had no choice. When Celestia thought she had put down the rebellion, I told my lieutenants to remain in hiding with many of our still loyal subjects. With that, I snuck into Celestia's mind and took control."

Twilight stood at him dumbfounded. She had never heard such an odd story. Then she asked. "Who was the fourth princess, the eldest?"

Discord sighed. "She was quite beutiful. I cannot tell you her name, but I am looking into if she's still alive or not, she had also found love, so much so that she granted him the traits of an Alicorn, including the long life, so they could be forever together. However, one day, on a research expedition, he dissappeared. For a year the princess held out, thinking he'd come back. He never did. He had been gone four decades by the time me and Io got together. She went crazy. She concealed it quite well, until the Nightmare Moon crisis. Then, she aided Luna, helping the evil. Eventually, she was banished, and I'm looking into if she came back or not, for she was bound by the same spell Nightmare herself was. She was quite sweet, although depressed."

Twilight nodded, intrigued.

Discord sighed. "Well, I should be going. Tell the gang that I left Celestia, honest. Oh, and the Grand Master of the Moonjumpers will be entering soon. I don't what to be here when she is. Goodbye Twilight. I do hope we meet again."

Author's Note:

And so the end begins.