• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 4,631 Views, 133 Comments

"Where Will I Go?" - gordobraveheart

  • ...
6
 133
 4,631

4:(T)he School Bell Rings With No Sound

The whole day, I spent time with the C.M.C and Spike, helping them out a bit on the barn. Big Mac and Applejack didn’t notice my work, unsurprisingly. I helped them feed the farm animals, picked some apples, and cleaned around a bit. We all went inside the house when the sun began to go down. We had some laughs and some fun in there, while Granny Smith would occasionally glance a smile my way, and I’d do the same.

I felt kinda sad because Sweetie Belle was picked up by her sister, Rarity, and so was Scootaloo. Well, Rainbow Dash is not blood related, but I could see some sisterly love going on there. But, not only did I feel sad, I also felt a bit weak. I stumbled around the house, making a few noises, but other than that I was feeling just fine.

Spike was picked up by Twilight Sparkle. He bumped my fist right before leaving. Twilight looked confused, but as consolation I earned his friendship.

It was already time for Apple Bloom to go to bed, and she told me she would just usually complain about how she didn’t need a curfew, but decided to go to bed. “I have school tomorrow anyway” she said. I figured I’d go upstairs and “sleep” too. Or I could read that book I borrowed from the Golden Oaks Library, whatever comes first.

Apple Bloom hopped into her little bed, and I just knelt down and lay on the blankets on the hard floor. The lights were turned off, and I was about to close my eyes, when I felt a little tug on my shoulder. I looked up to see Applebloom with those puppy dog eyes. The moon shining down on her face helped a lot too, especially since I am a sucker for cute things, apparently.

“Can ya tuck me in? Please?” She said. I felt tired, but I just couldn’t say no to those big eyes. I slowly got up from the creaky floor, using my left knee to help. I heard her get all giddy when I reached for the blanket. I fluffed the pillow first, then lifted her head and placed it neatly on the pillow. I pulled the blanket over her small body and tucked each side of the blanket under the mattress. She forgot to take off her bow, so I took it off for her and placed it on the dresser.

“Good night.” I said, slowly laying down on my blanket-bed. “I’ll see you when you come back home from school.”
Apple Bloom yawns. “Good night.” I can hear her turn another direction. “Oh, and yer comin’ with me.”
I quickly turn around. “I’m sorry, what?”

She then started to snore. She was faking it, obviously. But I didn’t disagree. I hadn’t been to school since... yea, I didn’t even remember.

“Alright then.” I said, turning around on my side. I grinned. “But I’m not doing your classwork.”

“Darn!”


“Hey? Hey, ya up yet? Come on, Ah know yer awake.”

I groaned. “Yea, I am awake. But I don’t wanna get up.”

“Why? Don’t ya wanna get up and see Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle and meet some new friends?”

“Well, sure I have no problem with that. It’s just that today is-”

`“Monday. I know, I hate em’ too. But come one! Let’s get goin!”

“Ugh, fine. See, this is what you sound like.”

“No Ah don’t!”

“See?”

“Just get up!”

I stand up slowly, stretching my body out of instinct. I look down to see an annoyed Apple Bloom. I smiled at her, and even chuckled at her little facial expression. Her nose was scrunched up, and her eyes were fixed on me. I began to walk towards the door. “Well? Let’s go learn about math!”

“Ya actually excited about school?” She says.

“Nah, I’m not the one that’s going to be doing classwork. I’m going to be that cool guy wearing sun glasses in the corner of the room, looking cool.” I laughed at that, but she just tilted her head. “I’m kidding. Not about the “me not doing classwork” part but- you get what I’m trying to say, right?”

“Nope!” She says, smiling. “Now come on, let’s get us some breakfast!”

We walked downstairs and into the living room. Before we entered the kitchen, I told Apple Bloom I wasn’t hungry.

“Suite yerself. Granny Smith makes the best pancakes!”

We entered the kitchen, where I saw Big Mac and Applejack already sitting at the table while Granny Smith was cooking some pancakes with a spatula in her mouth. Applejack was eating some tarts and orange juice, while Big Mac was eating some cereal, pancakes, orange juice, tarts, and fried toast with some rainbow jam. Granny Smith noticed me and smiled, and I waved back.

“Mornin’, sweetie.” Granny Smith says to Apple Bloom as she went and sat on a chair. “Ya ready fer school and pancakes?”

“Yes ma’m!” She says as Granny gives her a plateful of breakfast. She got pancakes, milk, some orange juice, and syrup. She took a big bite out of the stack of pancakes and rushed to drink the milk.

Applejack had a look of confusion. “Ya alright there, Apple Bloom? I ain’t seen ya eat yer food like that in a while.”

“M-hmm!” She chuged down her orange juice with no struggle. “Yup! I’m hurryin’ because I wanna’ go to school!” She didn’t even have time to explain it; she just galloped out the house, like she was expecting me to run already.
Granny Smith looked at me and laughed heartily. “Ain’t she in an adventurous’ mood.”

I left without responding, which was pretty rude, but Big Mac said what was on my mind.

“Eeyup.”


We decided to take a shortcut to the school. Last time I checked, their school is nearby their own tree house, so the walk wouldn't be too long. I looked up at the sky, taking in the scenery. The sun had a red-orange look to it, with the sky itself looking like a nice, summer yellow farther into the distance, and a little bit of blue. It is early in the morning after all.

There weren't that many trees around us, but the nice breeze I couldn’t feel made the close ones sway back and forth rhythmically.

While we were walking closer the school, I noticed how much of a cartoony look it had, just like everything here. The giant bell, the red bricks, double doors; it all looked pretty fun to be in, actually. A lot of kids were already making their way into the small building, but Apple Bloom noticed her friends waiting outside the doors for her. She rushed up to them to join in their conversation, while I just walked with no haste, enjoying the environment around me.

By the time I reached them, they had finished talking and looked up at me, and I looked down at them. “Yes?”

“So, we all decided that yer goin’ inside the school with us.” Apple Bloom said. I tried protesting, but she interrupted me. “Look, we know nopony other than us, some other kids, and Granny Smith can see ya, right? So that means you can be with us without an adult botherin’ you!”

“True,” I said. “But here’s the problem: The chance of finding a desk my size is pretty small. In fact, I even think your teacher’s desk wouldn’t fit me.” They gave me the puppy eyes. I was a sucker for that, especially for these three. “Fine, I’ll go inside. Come on, you all don’t want to be late.” I opened the door for them, and I was the last one inside.

“Or you can just stand, you know?”

“Let’s just get to class, Scoots.”

The door was already wide open, and the C.M.C all walked in before I did. I peaked in and saw a whole bunch of kids, laughing, playing around and talking. I looked around for the teacher, but I couldn’t find him or her, even though the classroom was pretty small in my eyes.

As soon as I walked in, the classroom went quiet. Everypony in the room had wide eyes, except for the C.M.C, and those two ponies I had met the other day. I think they went by Rumble and Dinky?

“Everypony, this is... well, he really doesn’t have a name, and we just can’t give him one like he’s some kind of pet, and we’re hoping he’ll remember it soon, but yea! We met him over the weekend!” Sweetie Belle said, pointing at me. All the little kids looked at me in awe.

“He ain’t gonna’ bite,” Apple Bloom said. “Trust us, he’s a nice Human!”

“Human?”

And then the questions came rolling in. How tall am I? What am I? What are those little chubby things on your hooves? Do you like trains? I swear, kids have too many questions. I did answer all that I could have, though. I wasn’t just going to leave them wondering like that.

The next thing I did was... pretty silly. When the door opened, I saw a pony with a cherry blossom colored mane and tail enter the room, with a happy look on her face until she looked in my general direction. I sort of panicked, and headed towards the window. I was going to open it, until a young colt with a spinner-hat and joystick cutie mark open the window from the outside. We both looked at each other for a quick second, but quickly went opposite ways before either of us spoke. He shut the window, and the C.M.C looked at me in confusion. I shrugged and said, “I panicked, sorry”. They all laughed, including the other classmates.

“Now what is so funny?” I heard the teacher say. She sounded a bit mumbly, but I was outside the building.

“Nothing, Ms. Cheerilee.” The class responded, and they all went into their bags and pulled out their school supplies. I was about to go in through the front door and somehow make my way inside without making any noise, but while Ms. Cheerilee was taking attendance, Sweetie Belle interrupted her.

“Yes, Sweetie Belle?”

“I was wondering if it would be okay if we could open up a window. It’s a little hot in here.”

Ms. Cheerilee walked towards the window, lifted it open, and said “Is that better, everypony?” They all said yes in unison, and the teacher walked back towards her desk. I crawled in through the window, nodding my head to Sweetie Belle. In return, she smiled. I wanted to just stand, but I saw a ball of paper on the ground and decided to just throw it away. I picked it up and walked by the teacher.

She gave a sharp inhale and I heard her walking towards something. I wasn’t paying attention at the time because I was throwing away the paper ball, but I heard her say,

“That’s strange. There’s no wind. Not even the trees are swaying.”

Really? I thought. When I was walking here with the C.M.C, there was wind blowing the trees slightly… I didn’t worry about though, since it felt like more of a common thing here. Maybe the teacher is new?

I lingered in the back of the classroom, and just walked around looking at everything. I felt like a student-teacher walking around and helping children, minus the helping part.

I then hear her tell the class to open their math book to page 225. They all groaned in unison. I understand their pain, fractions are annoying.

The teacher still looked a bit cold, but hopefully the cool air will dissipate when the heat of the sun comes in through the window.

Hell, maybe I’ll start feeling something too.

Author's Note:

No, this fic is not dead. I'm just working on it very slowly, you know? Anyways, there one reference in this story, and it should be pretty easy to spot him. On the same not, do you all notice how the point of view is like the prologue, just switched into 1rst person? Yea, I can be cryptic a bit. Editing by my boy Sandover, check him out.

Comments ( 13 )

Nice to see another chapter for this. I can't wait to see the reaction when an adult (besides Granny) can see him.

Anyways, there one reference in this story

Button mash and

Do you like trains?

I like trains kid

3595957ringa-ding- ding, you got them.

Can't wait to see what will happen once the adults starts catching on.

... I had no idea this chapter was out.

3712045 Seems like this story is getting outshined by clop: sarcasm: At least you caught up, right?

3712358 Yeah, I caught up. Anywho, this didn't show up in my unread box or anywhere else.
The only reason why I found it is because I looked through all of my favorites for hidden chapters.
Btw HAPPY NEW YEAR! (It might be early or late for you, but in Denmark it is 2014 as of 26 mins ago)

3712389 Real early, actually. lol. Happy new year!

This is sooo good. I wonder how he'll react when he finds out he's dead? I'm really looking forward to the next chapter - good luck on it!

how can you give up the chance to eat pancakes!!! or waffles but mostly pancakes.

Lol is you ded?

7165786 kinda. Lost the feel to continue, sorta. Im not as active in the community as I used to be.

Login or register to comment