• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 1,389 Views, 65 Comments

Shine - Regidar



Heaven let your light shine down...

  • ...
16
 65
 1,389

Shine on you Crazy Princess

Space.

The vastness of it all, the great inky void, filled with stars, comets, planets, moons, and various other entities.

Gravity pulls and influences many of these celestial bodies. Some, however, must be enticed by the powers of powerful beings that reside upon the surface of planets. Why? The answers have yet to be known why. This marvelous phenomena is something we must not yet question, for its beauty and mysteriousness should entice us, and draw us ever closer to the grand mystery.

Many other unknowns hold sway in this magnificent reality of ours. For instance, who created this universe? What was the beginning, who was there, who or what was responsible?

We may never know. This may always stay a mystery to us. But there is one thing for certain.

In the beginning, there was darkness. A darkness that consumed everything, that blanketed the world, this one and ones far beyond, a choking vice, a deadening grip.

This darkness did not please her, so there must be light. The darkness belonged to somepony who was not her. But the place could be hers, with just a little bit of light; a light which she had, and must take to spread upon everything below her.

She once ruled over the night. The moon, the stars, the comets... but those were dark times. Times she wished to never return. She is much happier now, anyway. Two is stronger than one. When she ruled over the night, they were indeed dark times.

No pun intended.

The sun must be risen! It was the only true way! Glorious rays must be basked upon everypony! The light was crucial to survival! Light is a way of life! The darkness should not be ignored, but light is what gives meaning to the darkness, and darkness is what gives meaning to the light!

The light needed to reach plants, so that they could grow. Many of these plants were to be consumed by the precious subjects of this here kingdom, the pride and joy of her highnesses work. This fair and kind kingdom of little ponies who work so diligently with each other to strive for harmony and peace, awash in the light!

And even through the various hardships of the world, through everything they had to face, through the trials and pain and turmoil they had suffered through... the sun would rise again. Just like it always had, just like it always will, thanks to the efforts and works of her.

And every morning, the light of the sun shall grace the world. It shall fill all the little crack, consuming the world in its golden silver shine! It’s warmth, and love from the princess who rules benevolently over it’s populace!

The weather pegasi will show up to do their work, the unicorns will go about their societal business, and the earth ponies will tend to the fields, and other various jobs they have filled over the years.

As the day goes on, the glorious sun will shine intensely over this fairest of lands! And we chant, and we chant!

‘The sun doth rise and glory gaze
It shines down its warming rays
It fills us up and makes us smile
It’s what makes our life worthwhile
Well, other things do that, indeed
But the sun allows plants to spring forth from the seed
And lets us see better then at night
And keeps us from feeling fright
And freezing in eternal cold
And festering in nocturnal mold
All in all, the sun is swell
And while it shines, all is well!’

The fillies and colts play out together in the sun while their parent’s work, and all is well. It helps them keep a balance in this world of ours. The sun is truly imperative to this world and all of its inhabitants!

But all good things must come to an end, and at the end of the day, the sun must set. It goes out in a brilliant plethora of exotic and mesmeric colors. From the deepest of blues to the most shocking of pinks, the spectrum up in the sky gives back one last gift to the ponies below, one last thing to make them happy. And that’s all that really matters in the end.

And so, the night begins. The night creatures resurface, and a new cycle begins. A new ruler comes, and with that shift in power, comes a shift in tone. The princess of the night governs the darkness, and all is well.

But the darkness is not here, not yet! It is the beginning of a new day! Plentiful for new experiences! Ripe for new fun! Ready for more learning! Primed for everything, and anything!

And so, with that, I say, nay, announce: LET THERE BE LIGHT!”

"SHUT UP, TIA!” A pillow flew at Princess Celestia’s head at high speeds. Catching her off guard, the royal head resting cushion became impaled on the sun princess’s large horn.

Celestia looked up at the damaged pillow, and sighed. “Was that really necessary, sister?”

Luna gave Celestia an annoyed and sleepy looked. “Some of us were up all night, watching over said night! We just ask for a bit of rest!”

Celestia shook the pillow from her head. It landed on the floor with a defeat flump, feathers dancing around in the air. An early morning breeze fluttered through the window, scattering the pillow stuffs.

“Now we’ll have to get one of the servants to fix this. Perhaps Threadbearer. It’s a shame, I liked this pillow. Why’d you go for this one, Luna?”

Luna levitated the covers over her head with the magic of her alicorn powers. “We are still half-asleep. We could not be bothered with the nuances of whom’s pillow this was. To enquire further, what was with all the things about ‘Sun Supremacy’ in thou speech? Thy are normally the humbler of us both, sister.”

Princess Celestia gave her sister a condescending look. “One can have her fun, Woona.”

“Don’t call us that.”

Princess Celestia smiled. Luna levitated a pillow from her sister’s bed, and put it under her cranium.

“Now let us sleep! Do try and be quiet, you’re making more din than an angry griffon at a hippogriff gathering!”

Celestia sighed, and rolled her pink irised eyes. “Some ponies have no appreciation for theatrics.”

Comments ( 65 )

I couldn't find the source of the picture, so you'll have to excuse me on that. I sincerely hope it's not from another fanfiction. If it is, please tell me and I'll change it.

I will have to give this a look in the morning. Till then my good sir!dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Colgate_beam.png

I almost thought this was going to be a thought provoking fan-fic, but then I saw it was Regidar. :trollestia:

1597156 I almost thought this was going to be a thought provoking fan-fic, but then I saw it was Regidar.

Nailed it.

1597156 Oh, you flatterer.

But seriously, for once it's not a trollfic!

Ittts Regidar, another great fic my good man. Also, is your hair still looking flawless?

:ajbemused: : Nice thing ya did there!
:yay: : It's nice, if, um, that's ok with you, I mean...
:pinkiehappy: : Prettynicethingyoudidthereyourenotbadmaybeyoucanwritemoreofthatthatwouldbecool!
:raritystarry: : This is fabulous!
:rainbowwild: : This story is awesome!
:twilightsmile: : The quality of a story is detemined by either its morale, its variety or its punchline. Due to this story being a short more-of-comedy story, the punchline is most important. However, every story should not contain too many spelling mistakes and should have paragraphs. I can check every point on my checklist, so this story gets at least A-minus.
TL;DR
Good story!

Shine on you Crazy Princess... I see what you did there. You could make a sequel" "Shine on your crazy Crystal", dealing with Cadance and the crystal empire.

1597200 You know it!

1597421 Thank you for the full review from the mane six!

1597665 "Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter,
You piper, you prisoner, and shine!"

When I saw the title was "Shine" I started singing "Shine on You Crazy Diamond." Then I saw the name of the chapter. I then proceeded to read said story, and my mind soon decided that it was best read in the voice of an enthusiastic preacher. Live on, little Sun Disciples, live on.

1598255 I thank you for capturing every single point of the story beautifully. Have some Floyd.
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma9ngzfnjO1rt87tuo1_500.gif

jmj

Floyd is god. Good story. I wonder though, are pillows in Equestria stuffed with goose feathers or pegasus feathers? If pegasus, is that some sick joke? Has Pinkamena been in the pillow making business?

1626808 The royal pillows use pegasi feathers. Everywhere else uses goose. They aren't going to waste feathers from the rainbow factory, you know.

I am most amused.

1637979 And everything was better from that moment on.

1637268 *bows* Thank you, Princess.

1626935

I see what you did there.

Comment posted by afterceasetoexist deleted Jan 20th, 2014

1782189
NO SHIT, REALLY?

Hey, Regidar. Yeah, you.

You're awesome.

1782229 Did you like the story? :twilightblush:

1782233
I did. The ending was a bit unexpected, but it does seem like something that could actually happen. :moustache:

1782235 It can only be expected from me. :trollestia:

1782232 :twilightsmile:

Regidar writing a short story, 1,000 words, starts with "Space."
ohboy.jpg

After read: I saw where it was going as soon as it got to the whole sun she-bang, but I'm glad you went for it anyway. Nice joke, two princesses being them in their non-serious time, blahbity blahbity blah.

Now go be Regidar and do all dat stuff you do. :ajsmug:

Part of the holy textbooks, it seems.
WILL READ. :yay:

1782261 :twilightsmile:

The :twistnerd: being that it wasn't a trollfic.

Oh, you amazing person, you.

1782266
Yeah, that's always a pleasant surprise.

First off: Highly narcissistic of you to put your own fic in "The Best Fucking Stories Ever" in the Cul-fan Association. I would expect nothing less from a great author. :derpytongue2:

Second, reading this for a second time, my sides split just as much. And now that I've been reminded of Woona, have some more diabeetus.

4.bp.blogspot.com/-QK0H8GPpy2Q/TmKYTJyLorI/AAAAAAAALfQ/P-fwq4O-nk0/s1600/52908+-+Ushanka+artist+SonicRainboom93+hat+luna+woona.png
fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/222/f/6/woona_wants_snuggles_by_zedrin-d5aj6k8.png

Found several new words to add to my deck in this story. Like "The." Seriously, what does it mean? It's like trying to describe "left" or "blue." It can't be done.

Also, I feel like I need to listen to more Pink Floyd from now on. I didn't get any of the references, and I am ashamed.

Praise the light whilist I live through the night!

1803676 Hello, number 2.

1804381 Hello, Number 1. You wouldn't happen to serve on the Enterprise as it's 2nd in command? Would you?

1807380 Not as of now, no.

1811382 What? Why not? It's a great position, you'll get plenty of adventure, and have a chance to do something good when it comes around! Explore strange new worlds, seek out new lifeforms and civilizations, and boldly go, where no one has gone before.

1812569 Perhaps, but as of now, I am content with my lifestyle here on earth!

1812589 BOOOOORING. I would totally go to Equestria. I AM NOT CONTENT.

Huh. Wonder why it took me so long to get around to reading this story (sorry about that), but I'm glad I did. That was nice.

2017195 Hehe, no problem. Thanks for reading!

Who is that dashing person in your avatar, btw?

2017465:pinkiegasp: Um, Ian Curtis. From Joy Division? Y'know? Great band...

2017490 We can be smoke buddies.

Also, I'll check out Joy Devision.

Login or register to comment