• Published 27th Apr 2023
  • 940 Views, 15 Comments

Once Upon A New Home - APoeticHeart



Toby faces a new, more powerful enemy, King Sombra

  • ...
4
 15
 940

Chapter Two: A New Arrival

Equestria - Canterlot Hospital

Celestia’s sun rose with a bright, warm light that casted calmness over the land of Equestria. At the Canterlot Hospital, there was a hint of excitement going around in the air. Inside the waiting room of the labor & delivery floor, Twilight Sparkle, her friends, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, were all sleeping peacefully in lounge chairs.

They were awaiting the arrival of the new addition to the family of Fluttershy, Big Mac, & Toby. However, the only one who wasn’t present in the waiting room was Toby. The young human was currently in the hospital’s cafeteria sitting alone at a table eating some oatmeal. As he ate, a sigh escaped his lips as some thoughts ran through his head.

Oh gosh, Momma & Papa Big Mac is going to have a baby, & I am going to have a little sister or brother. I hope I will be a good big brother to her or him, because I never had a little brother sister. Also, he or she will be a pony, & I am a human. Another sigh escaped his lips as he ate his oatmeal.

“Good morning Toby dear, is everything okay?” A voice interrupted the child’s thoughts as he ate his breakfast.

He turned to see Princess Twilight Sparkle “Oh, good morning Aunt Twilight.” He gave a little smile toward the princess “I’m okay, just eating some oatmeal.” He took another bite as he saw his adoptive aunt approach him.

Twilight trotted up beside him & placed a wing over his shoulders “Are you sure you are doing okay sweetheart? You know if something is bothering you, you can talk to me or any of us, right?” She gave him a warm, reassuring smile.

He took in a deep breath & exhaled before turning to look at Twilight “Aunt Twilight, do you think I will be a good big brother to my new little brother or sister? I never had a brother or sister, & I’m a human. Momma’s & Papa Big Mac’s baby is going to be a pony.” A frown formed across his face “What if my little brother or sister is scared of me because I’m not a pony?”

Twilight pulled him closer to her with her wing “Shh…it’s okay sweetheart, don’t talk like that now.” She leaned her head closer to him & nuzzled his cheek ‘Toby, do you remember what I told you during our very first sleepover at Canterlot Castle?” She stroked his small back with her wing.

He turned his head to look into her eyes “Yes I do Aunt Twilight. You told me that you, Momma, & my whole family loves Uncle Spike, even though he is a dragon.” He gave a little smile.

“That is right dear, but what else did I tell you?” She gave a very light chuckle & nuzzled his cheek again.

He gave a little smile again “You also told me that although I’m a human that you, Momma, & my whole family loves me as you all love Spike, although he is a dragon.” He looked softly into her eyes.

“That’s right my dear nephew.” Twilight gave a warm smile & nuzzled his cheek “Now, I don’t want you to think that your new sibling won’t love you because you are a human or think that you won’t be a good big brother, understand sweetheart?” She gave him a gentle smile.

He nodded “Yes Aunt Twilight, thank you.” He turned in his chair & hugged her neck.

She returned the hug & stroked along his back with a foreleg “You are welcome Toby.” She patted his back & gave him room to get off his chair. “Now how about we go see your new baby brother or sister, shall we?” Both of them exited the cafeteria to go back to the labor & delivery waiting room.

Tartarus - Meeting Area

“So, the precious shy pony is having a foal of her own, isn’t she?” Sombra waved a hoof over a magical mirror provided by Discord “This could work to our advantage.” A low chuckle escaped his lips as he rubbed at his chin.

“Exactly boss, how is a foal supposed to help us take over Equestria?” Lord Tirek scratched his head as he looked at Sombra “I mean what is a foal going to…ACK!” He felt a vice grip around his neck.

“Silence you fool!” Sombra furrowed his brows in anger “Once the foal is born, that little brat could become jealous of the attention it receives from his family & it would cause him to run away. Then, when that happens I can capture him.” He smirked evilly as he let go of his hold on Tirek “Do you understand?”


“Auh…cough…cough….yes Boss, I understand.” Tirek coughed terribly as he grabbed at his neck.

“Enough Sombra!” Chrysalis walked into the meeting area slamming a hoof “Enough with your games, what exactly are we doing here if this whole ‘Take Over Equestria” plan only involves what you get & not us!” Chrysalis sneered with anger at the Dark King.

“Chrissy has a point Boss. I mean You brought us two together to help you with your plan, but then you go behind our backs to silently speak with an imaginary voice about a totally new & different plan.” Tirek regained his faculties & kicked at the ground “Now if you aren’t going to unite with us to take over Equestria, then Chrissy & I will do it ourselves!”

“What have I told you about calling me Chrissy you big buffoon!” Chrysalis turned & struck Tirek hard in the face with a hoof “Call me that one more time & I swear I will roast you!” She stomped her hoof & aimed her horn at Tirek.

“Whoa there girlie. I didn’t mean no harm by it…Haha!” Tirek simply chuckled & shrugged off Chrysalis' threat.

“Enough you two imbeciles!” Sombra lit up his horn & shook the entire sanctum of Tartarus “Just stop bickering & listen!” He stomped his hoof & as some of the rubble from within fell down.

Tirek & Chrysalis instantly stopped “Alright!” The two spoke in unison & turned their attention to Sombra.

“Now, I promised you both that you two will rule Equestria once again alongside me, & I intend to keep that promise. However, the one who created this plan needs that human child to forego with his plan.” Sombra sighed & turned around.

“And what does the child have that is so special in this mystery brewer’s plan?” Chrysalis raised an eyebrow.

Sombra smirked & turned around to glare at Chrysalis “Oh my dear Chrysalis, I believe you know the answer to that question already.” He trotted up to her a bit & his smirk grew “You got to remember what you felt when you surrounded him in that enclosure of magic of yours & drained him of his love.” He chuckled.

Chrysalis furrowed her brows & closed her eyes in deep thought. Suddenly her eyes shot open “No!... I felt his pure love just seeping through my pores, but….I also felt…” She then glared at Sombra “Magic!”

Sombra nodded with a huge smirk “Yes! Before I left, Rumplestiltskin told me that the child possesses a type of magic that can make others immortal.” He chuckled lowly

“Well, I am completely lost now, but hey…Haha…if there is a way for me to become immortal, then Somby Ol’ Buddy.” Tirek trotted over to Sombra & patted at his shoulder “I’m in.”

Sombra shrugged the massive hand off “Don’t touch me again.” He sneered “DISCORD!” He yelled for the Draconequus.

Suddenly, Discord appeared in a poof of smoke laying on a floating hammock & drinking a glass of chocolate milk “You rang my captain, or captain.” He winked at Sombra as he poofed his hammock away & floated down to the ground.

“Yes, I have a special task for you. I need you to go to Canterlot Hospital & have a word with that child. I need you to get the thought of his family loving that foal more than him into his head. If we can separate him from the others, it will be easy for us to take him.” Sombra chuckled lowly with a sinister smile.

Discord twiddled his paw digits “Oh, so you are telling to make the little tyke envious of his new little sibling?” A devious smirk crept across his muzzle “Sounds like the Master of Chaos is slowly inching his way back into power..Haha..” He then bowed his head to Sombra “It would be my pleasure my liege.” Without a snap of his talons, he vanished in a cloud of smoke.

Sombra turned to Chrysalis & Tirek “Now you two, let’s get started on our part of the plan.” He trotted up to Chrysalis “Queen Chrysalis, I believe it’s time for you & your children to get some needed revenge on Princess Cadence & Prince Shining Armor in the Crystal Empire. I will leave you to do that.”

“Yes! Finally, that miss goody two hooves is going to pay for all the pain that her & her precious hubby done to my children & I! I shall bring terror among the Crystal Empire & make it mine!...Hahaha!” Chrysalis vanished next into a cloud of black smoke.

Sombra then turned to Tirek “Now then my big tauren friend, how would you feel about wreaking havoc in Ponyville?” He smirked at the centaur.

“Oh yeah baby! Time for Lord Tirek to get control back of the reins & show those puny ponies what real power is all about!” Tirek chuckled & vanished in a red cloud of smoke.

Sombra’s smirk grew as he thought to himself While they are off doing their mischief I will be devising the capture of that little brat. His eyes glowed a crimson red as he trotted toward his bedchambers.


Canterlot Hospital

“Oh Big Mac, she is absolutely precious!” Fluttershy was cradling her newborn foal who had a light pink coat with wings, & an orange mane & tail. She kissed her forehead “Our own precious little one Big Mac!” She beamed as she looked up at her mate’s eyes.

Big Mac’s eyes filled with tears as he simply said ‘Yup” As he leaned his head down to nuzzle at her forehead. He moved his head over to give Fluttershy a kiss on the lips “She has her mother’s eyes.” He gave a soft chuckle.

A knock was heard at the door & Nurse Redhart opened the door “Excuse me, Miss Fluttershy, Mr. Big Mac, you two have some visitors here to see you both & the baby. Would it be okay if I let them in?”

“Um.. of course Nurse Redheart, let our friends in.” Fluttershy giggled softly as she looked down lovingly at her newborn foal “My precious little one, welcome to your new home of Equestria.” She leaned her head down to nuzzle at her little cheek.

“Gah! Oh darling, she is absolutely adorable! “Rarity gasped with a beaming, wide smile across her muzzle as she trotted in, leading the rest of the group in. She looked at the three, beaming at the sight of the foal “Oh my gosh! She is beautiful Fluttershy & Big Mac!” She trotted over to them “Congratulations you two!” She gave each of them a gentle hug & then kissed the foal’s forehead.

“Um..hehe.. Thank you Rarity.” Fluttershy smiled up warmly at her & thought of something “Um… do you think you could make us some baby clothes for her, since I don’t have any?”

“Oh darling, I thought you would never ask.” Rarity beamed & clapped her hooves together ‘It is going to be such a pleasure to make clothes for the little doll, but also create a new line of foal clothes.” She smiled as the others came in.

“Now easy there Rares, ya got to let us take a look at the little rascal.” Applejack chuckled as she trotted up to her brother & patted him on the shoulder “Way to go brother! It looks like we have another Apple to join the family!” She chuckled.

Big Mac smiled proudly “Yup!”

“And ya girl, Ah am so proud of ya & more prouder to call ya sister-in-law!” She wrapped a foreleg around Fluttershy’s neck, making sure it was gentle so as not to hurt her & startle the foal. She looked down at her “She sure is a darn pretty lil’ dear. Ah’m sure Applebloom would be delighted to have a niece, as well will I.” She chuckled as she nuzzled the foal on her forehead.

“Ah yes! It looks like she is going to be a great pegasus soon enough, under the tutelage of her Aunt Rainbow of course!’ Rainbow Dash was next as she hovered in the air & did a flip in midair “Oh I am so happy for you two, congratulations!” She hovered to the ground & gave both a big hug around the neck. She looked down at the foal & very carefully stroked the top of her head “Say hello to your Auntie Rainbow, the fastest, coolest flier of all Equestria!” She smirked proudly as she stepped back.

“Um..thanks Rainbow, but um.. I think I would be giving our new filly flying lessons. Um.. nothing against you Rainbow, but..umm…your methods are kind of…um…how can I say…risky?” She gave a shy swallow hoping not to make Rainbow mad.

Big Mac nodded in agreement ‘Yup”

Rainbow ears fell a little, but she shook her head ‘It’s okay Flutters, I understand. Maybe when she gets older, I could teach her a trick or two. Maybe my famous Rainboom!’ She smirked & chuckled.

Suddenly Pinkie Pie hopped up close to the three ‘Hello you little, whittle, cutie wutie, I’m your Auntie Pinkie Pie!” She beamed at the baby filly “I throw the best parties in all of Ponyville, & I will throw you the biggest, bestest, most funnest party for you when you get ready to come home!” She then gave Fluttershy & Big Mac great big hugs “Congrats you both!” She gave them each a big smooch on their cheeks before bouncing over to the others.

“Um…thank you Pinkie.” Fluttershy giggled as she leaned her head down to whisper to her foal “Your Auntie Pinkie Pie can..um…let’s say get carried away at times.” She kissed her cheek.


“Hello Fluttershy & Big Mac.” Twilight was the last one to trot in along with Toby following behind her. Twilight trotted up to the two & smiled warmly “Congratulations to both of you on having such a beautiful little one.” She turned to the foal “And welcome little one to Equestria, I am your Auntie Twilight Sparkle. I am the Princess of Ponyville & I will be happy to show you some magic when you get to leave.” She kissed her forehead & then turned to Toby “Come here dear nephew & meet your new sister.” She smiled warmly at the human child.

Toby walked up to his adoptive mother & father giving Big Mac a hug first with his arms up against the barrel of his chest “Congratulations Papa Big Mac!” He smiled up at the big, red stallion.

“Thank ya little buddy.” Big Mac returned the hug & ruffled his hair.

‘Um..here Toby, sit right here near me.” Fluttershy scooted a little bit to leave a space for Toby to climb up onto the bed with her & the foal.

Toby carefully climbed up & smiled “Congratulations Momma!” He leaned down to hug her tummy so not to hurt the foal if he would have hugged her neck.

Fluttershy gently stroked from the top of his head down his back, returning the hug ‘Thank you sweetheart.” She then looked at the foal “Little one, I would like for you to meet your big brother, Toby. Toby dear, this is your new sister, Shy ButterBright.”

Toby carefully sat back up & scooted closer to his new baby sister. He felt tears in his eyes “Hello little sister, my name is Toby. I am your big brother.” He gently leaned his head closer to Shy & gave her a kiss on the forehead “I promise to be a good big brother to you & love you with all my heart.” He sniffled as he was proud to be a big sibling.

Fluttershy looked at Big Mac with a tearful smile & then back at Toby “Um…Toby sweetheart, would you like to maybe hold your little sister?” She smiled at him motherly.

Toby looked a little shocked at the question, but nodded “Yes Momma, I would like that.” He opened his arms up for Fluttershy to hand her to him. Fluttershy carefully handed Shy over to him & he carefully cradled her in his arms & brought her close to his chest. He started to gently rock her back & forth “You are a beautiful little sister.” He spoke softly as he calmed his tears.

Um…I am so happy! I have a wonderful mate, amazing friends, a precious little son, & now a precious little daughter. Um…I am the luckiest pegasus in all of Equestria! Fluttershy smiled to herself as she looked all around at the hospital room at her Equestrian family.

Canterlot Castle - Balcony

Princess Luna was watching over the land with a deeply saddened expression on her face. A heavy sigh escaped her lips. This is terrible! If Toby finds out the truth that I have kept hidden from him for so long, there is no telling how he will react or what he will do. She closed her eyes to try to prevent herself from shedding a tear.

“Sis, is everything okay?” Luna’s thoughts were stopped as Princess Celestia trotted onto the balcony & stood by her sister “I could see you standing out her alone from my bedchambers.” She placed a wing on her sister’s back.

Luna took in a deep breath & exhaled “Sister Tia, no, nothing certainly isn’t okay.” She sighed heavily & turned away “I have something to tell you sister, but it is something truly terrible.” She lowered her head in shame.

A look of concern etched across Celestia’s face “Luna dear sister, you’re worrying me. What is it that you have to tell me?” She trotted closer to Luna & laid a wing over her back.

“Sister Tia, do you remember that vision I shared with our dear, young nephew Toby & the others several years ago?” A frown etched on her muzzle.

Celestia nodded “Yes I do sister. It was the vision of Toby’s despicable father killing his beloved mother.” A scowl of anger etched on her face.

“Well dear sister, one tragic thing I would like to tell you is that vision, it was…..fake!” She turned her head away from her sister & felt a tear roll down her cheek.

“WHAT?!” Celestia gasped & drew her wing away from Luna “Lulu, what do you mean that vision was a fake? I was there, along with everypony else, that vision was pretty real dear sister.” She looked at Luna with her brows furrowed.

Luna trotted to the edge of the balcony to look out over the land “No Tia, it was not. The vision that I created for Toby to see was an illusion. It was not Toby’s father who killed his mother.” Her lips began to quiver as she started to speak more “T-the vision was just an illusion, because I didn’t want Toby to discover the truth.” A swallow shakily traveled down her throat.

Celestia trotted a little closer to Luna with a look of confusion etched all over her face “Lulu, what do you mean the truth? What is going on?” She looked at her sister with deep concern.

Luna sighed heavily as she looked to her sister “The night I found Toby sleeping alone in that cave & I heard him wish to have a better home than the one he was in at the moment, I felt something ... .something unnerving.” She closed her eyes again & took in a deep breath, exhaling shakily “I felt a strong presence of magic.”

“M-Magic?!” Celesta looked at her shockingly “B-but how Lulu? Toby is just an ordinary human child. Also, why are you telling me all this? This is all sounding kind of eerie.”

Luna nodded “Yes Tia, it is eerie, but it is a dangerous omen. Last night, I had a visit from my inner demon, Nightmare Moon, & she had a fatal warning for me. She told me that King Sombra has returned & he is gathering forces together to attack Equestria & to take over.” She looked into Celestia’s eyes with a serious expression.

“King Sombra?! I thought we banished him to Tartarus for good.” Celestia closed her eyes & turned away with a scowl of frustration “What kind of forces is he coming up with to invade Equestria?”

“Dear sister, he is planning to take over Equestria with Queen Chrysalis & Lord Tirek. However, there is a much darker, terrifying force that is behind their plan to take over.” She sighed heavily as she looked at Celestia.

A more, deeper concerned look etched on Celestia’s face “A much darker, terrifying force? Who or what are you talking about Lulu? Who could be worse than King Sombra, Tirek, & Chrysalis all put together?”

Luna looked at Celestia sighing heavily “He is the true mastermind behind the plan of taking over Equestria, but the most haunting truth is he is the one who is truly responsible for the death of Toby’s mother.”

“WHAT?! Who is Lulu? Please sister, you got to tell me so we can warn Princess Twilight Sparkle & the others.”

A nervous swallow traveled down Luna’s throat “His name is…. Rumplestiltskin.”

Author's Note:

I would like to apologize for taking a long time in posting this next chapter. However, I hope you all enjoy & what does Rumpelstiltskin have to do with all this? :raritystarry:

Comments ( 3 )

Nicely done still und better late than never

Don’t mention it. You just wanted your computer fixed.

Is Discord seriously returning to his evil ways willingly or was he coerced?

Login or register to comment