• Published 5th Mar 2023
  • 649 Views, 23 Comments

The Runaway... Ears?... - Lulamoon-Crystal



Dammit, Jazz’s ears escaped again

  • ...
1
 23
 649

Jazzed Up

Izzy hummed as she pulled Jazz towards the bathroom with a big smile on her face. “First, we need to make you squeaky clean!” She sang as she opened the bathroom doors. Izzy quickly placed Jazz into the bathtub before closing the doors. Soon she turned on the shower head using levitation to hold the shower head above Jazz as it rained water upon her. Heaps of mud and small bugs were already running off her and racing to the drain.

Jazz felt a little weird on why Izzy was washing her instead of her washing herself. She was capable. “Thanks Izzy. But I think I can shower by myself. I’ll let you know when I’m done, so you can continue your... Jazzing Jazz up...” She said gratefuly.

“Actually, Jazz... just relax! I know you had a long day! You’ll love this!” She used levitation to undo Jazz’s mane and take off her sash thing. She rinsed the mud off and put it in the sink, filling it with soapy water to clean later.

“Well... okay!” Jazz sat down, a bit confused, but happy as water rinsed the mud from her body, with nice, warm water. As this happed, Izzy sung a catchy tune as rubber ducks floated in the air. Sparkling as they squeaked to the tune. Jazz watched them in awe. Izzy was so kind. This so so sweet and kinda fun. Soon some other bath toys joined the duck. Consisting of an octopus, fish, dolphin and even a boat. Also dancing to the tune, soon a rubber duck floated around Jazz, squeaking as it landed in the water next to her. Joined by boat and dolphin. The dolphin did flips and dives just like a real one, as the duck ‘swam’ around her.

Soon some scrubbing brushes, moving to the tune of the song, floated towards her. She giggled a bit as the dolphin playfully squirted her muzzle. Soon the brushes started to scrub soap against her body creating a lot of shiny, colourful bubbles. A relaxed sigh came out of her mouth, the brushes felt so good against her fur!

Soon a shampoo bottle joined in as it was was squirted through her mane and tail. Soon they were rubbed in with Izzy’s levitation magic, making her mane nice and soapy. Jazz relaxed in the crystal-clear, bubbly bath water with a relaxed smile. It smelt so nice, and the song was so sweet and catchy. She never heard it before, she’ll ask Izzy where it was from after the bath.

Once the scrubbing brushes were finished putting soap in each area of Jazz, except for the eyes. She was rinsed down before being scrubbed again for extra measure. Once the second scrubbing was done, she was rinsed off and the song ended. Izzy put the ducks, brushes, soap and suck back in their locations before smiling.

“So, how was it?” Izzy smiled happily.

“It was... cute, Izzy! That was so catchy, where’d you learn it?”

“Oh!” Izzy smiled, “Lost of parents do it to their children back in Bridlewood. Well, minus the levitation of course! That’s just my special take on it!”

“I loved it!” Jazz exclaimed.

“Alright! Now time to finish Jazzing you up!” She drained the bath and pulled Jazz out the water. Standing her up on the ground. Izzy used two mane-dryers to dry Jazz off quickly. Once she was dried, she admired her glossy coat, tail and made. Shining in the light, and silky to the touch.


In the bedroom, Jazz was seated on a wooded chair. Izzy went thought drawers near her bed and Jazz looked around. “So you guys all sleep in the same room?” She questioned.

“Oh yeah!” Izzy exclaimed happily. “It’s so much fun! It’s oike having a sleepover but every night!”

“I guess you can look at it that way...” Jazz responded. She thought it was kinder sweet how they each had an area and how different they were to eachother. Soon enough Izzy went up to her with a purple perfume bottle. One of Pipp’s recent perfumes.

“Pipp gave me this. I love the smell! I tried drinking it tho, but Pipp told me that’s not a good idea...” Izzy looked at it and sprayed it into Jazz’s face. Making her cough and wipe her eyes.

“You okay?”

“Y-yeah,” Jazz looked back at her, “You don’t usually spray it at the face... like that...”

“Oh!” Izzy then sprayed it a bit more the correct way, making Jazz smell nice! Soon she went back and grabbed a nice sweater. “I can’t do much about all those bruises, but you can hide them with this!” It was a light pink sweater with yellow edges. On the front was a teal hoofprint, with yellow wings beside it and a yellow crown above it. “I leaned knitting a few months ago! I knitted some sweaters when Pipp had the grand opening of Mane Melody. I made one for you, Pipp and Rocky!” She then sighed, “But... things happened... but here’s yours!” She said with energy as she put the sweater on Jazz.

“Wow, it’s so cute Izzy. I love it!” She exclaimed as she looked at it. “I’m sure Pipp and Rocky will love theirs too!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah...I didn’t really think about making the wing holes for Rocky or Pipp... Pipp said that Rocky doesn’t like wearing things that cover up his wings. So I didn’t really give yours to you, in case Rocky felt sad... But when it was raining last week, and his umbrella blew away in the wind, I gave him one I made to keep! So he’ll be fine now.”

“That’s a shame...” Jazz nodded. “But that’s so sweet, giving him your umbrella!”

Izzy then grabbed a brush that was decorated will all sorts of jewels. She started to brush Jazz’s mane gently, Jazz enjoyed the sensation. But then she realised something. Surely Izzy would have discovered her missing ears by now... espically since she was chasing near her earlier when she was drinking a smoothie. So why hasn’t she said anything? But she soon shrugged it off. Izzy didn’t seem to be the type of pony to judge somepony by appearance. Even if it was about lacking something that every other pony had, like ears that behaved.

Izzy was humming as she combed Jazz’s mane happily. Soon she grabbed two sparkly hair ties and started to tug at Jazz’s mane slightly. Jazz didn’t mined, she was excited to see what kind of style Izzy was going to do to her mane. After a bit of tugging and pulling. Izzy exclaimed happily. “All done!” Soon she levitated a big mirror and put it in front of Jazz wh gasped in awe.

Her mane was now styled in twin braids, hanging down one side of her neck. Her forelock mostly remained the same but without any of it joining her back mane. It was also curled in a nice way. Then Jazz noticed than in the two braids were hairpins with a jewel on it, evenly distributed down each braid.

“That’s gorgeous!” Jazz exclaimed happily. Soon she realised that her ears were back on her head. As a result her smile grew wide. Izzy hummed as she put Jazz’s, now clean and thoroughly washed sash back on her body. Jazz didn’t notice as she wanted to exclaim in joy from her ears being back, but didn’t want to explain the context of her ears to Izzy.

But that’s was soon brought up anyway. “Oh yeah! Sunny told me about your ears. That does not sound very fun! But when I found you. They were there, which means you’re whole again!”

“Oh wow! They actually listened to me!? Thanks for the makeover, Izzy!” Jazz looked at Izzy with glee. Ignoring the fact Sunny told her. She was more grateful that Izzy wasn’t treating it like it was something funny.

“Aww,” Izzy smiled as she put a hoof around Jazz, “You’re really welcome, Jazz! I am glad you liked my makeover today!”


At the salon, Pipp smiled as a customer left. Soon after, the doors opened, revealing very happy pony. “Oh, hey Jazz? What’s up?” She questioned, she then noticed the knitted sweater. “Seems you saw Izzy today and she gave you the sweater she made! Plus a makeover.” She gasped as she noticed the ears. “And you found your ears!”

Jazz smiled proudly as she walked a few steps forward, kicking the door shut. She nodded. “Yeah! You should have seen the bath song! It was magical! Literally!”

“But getting my ears back was really painful... I was hit with a rake, stung by bees, covered in flour, crashed into a cactus and sunk in mud... They finally did listen but... I never want to chase them again!” Jazz glanced at a mirror briefly. Then gasped as her ears literally vanished in clouds of poof. She groaned loudly.

“Jazz?” Pipp grew concerned as she looked at her. She then collapsed on her face in exhaustion. “Jazz! Are you okay?”

“Pipp?...” Jazz asked, weak and muffled.

“Yes, Jazz?” Pipp replied.

“They’re gone again. Aren’t they?”

“Uh well... yeah...”

Jazz then sighed, “Pipp.” She cried.

“Yes?”

“I give up...” Jazz groaned loudly as Pipp petted her head. Poor thing was crying a bit as a result of whatever happened out there...

“Don’t worry Jazz,” Pipp smiled, “We’ll get through this...”

Comments ( 12 )

I really love Jazz. Hope to see more of her in the show.

this is a bit too cruel for my liking.

11522300
So is it fully finished and published now? I'm asking 'cause it's a fun idea and I'd quite like to read this -- but I don't want to read it and then find out I've missed some of it. It's marked Complete, and that's supposed to mean a story is already fully done with no more left to add. But I can't be certain given previous comments here.

11522701
Well, yeah. But sometimes I do add little bits to stories in the future or fix some stuff up. So if you want to wait then that’s fine. But if you’re talking about what comment I think you’re talking about:

That was commented before the story was completed. I think they made a typo and meant to say “incomplete” or misread it as saying complete. Seeing as how my story was labeled incomplete at the time of that comment (Not saying they are wrong or anything. Just a small error, easy mistake)

11523867

Seeing as how my story was labeled incomplete at the time of that comment

Aha. That's really what I was asking. So if it's complete now, there's no problem. Thanks for taking the time to answer! :twilightsmile:

Yea, interesting story, but too mean to Jazz for my liking.

Jazz didn't deserve all of the bad stuff happening to her in the story, especially during the 2nd and 3rd chapters.

11527467

11559664

11522667

Oh...

Okay...

So... What parts exactly were ‘too’ harsh? I might be able to tone them down a little

11561193
The beatings mostly. They weren't funny, they were bitter and racially motivated hate crimes.

11561193

The part where a random pegasus slapped Jazz in the face after the ears teleported the pegasus out of nowhere was too much. I was also hoping that the harmful pranks would stop when Jazz was resting underneath a tree, but the ears decided to continue doing them anyway for no reason. Jazz deserved better. A LOT better. Here's my suggestion to fix the story:

-At the part where Jazz's ears dance in the middle of the street, have them teleport Izzy. Jazz would crash into Izzy, and Jazz would give up on the search because she's taken enough abuse by that point.
-Izzy would use her magic to clean up Jazz and style her up like she did in chapter 3. Jazz would realize that her ears are back and spends the rest of the night in her house in peace.
-Jazz wakes up the next morning and has a normal day until her ears go missing once again. Jazz would roll her eyes and go, "(sigh) Here we go again...."

11561193
The last chapter with Jazz being beaten up and then fired for no reason, to me at least, feels too mean and less about the funny slapstick.

This is a drastic improvement over the original ending.

Login or register to comment