• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Rise of the Elements Episode 1: Pinkie's Little Problem - Dream Volt



Science leads to a party as well as Pinkie's sisters. Also lots of strageness

  • ...
2
 10
 1,413

Friendship Report

Dear Princess Celestia,

I learned some very important things from Pinkie this week. It all started with a mare I've become a sort of pen pal with. She's a colleague and very intelligent, but needlessly harsh. She has good traits as well but the main point is she convinced me to rethink my former experiment with Pinkie and try again. Luna has the specific details if you're interested.

What I found is while I am no closer to explaining how it can work I did prove one thing. It is magic. Passive magic has never been studied properly before as far as I can tell and it's a fascinating subject. I still have a few ideas about how Pinkie might be able to predict the future with a reasonable enough accuracy, and once again Luna has the details, but my current guess is we will never know for certain. However something else Moonfire said is also right. A researcher should always diligently seek answers because even if they don't learn the answer to the question asked, they can still learn something.

But most important is not what I learned from studying her abilities, but simply being her friend. I don't think I'll ever understand Pinkie, and now I understand how great a thing that is. You once told me nopony, not even you, can understand everything. But with friends I don't have to. Not only that, but sometimes all it takes to understand things far better is to get a little different perspective. Or a lot different.

Pinkie figured out something for Applejack, though she still wants a second opinion and I can't blame her. It's very clear sometimes Pinkie's perspective is anything but helpful. But other times it can result in a party that allowed me to take readings on countless ponies magical auras, or as I said helping AJ. But it is not just Pinkie, but everypony I know that can help, most especially my friends. And that something so simple as a view on reality skewed just bit off from your own can allow you to discover something amazing.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

Comments ( 1 )

5981184 Carebear cousin actually, they were the other animals. I owned him when I was a kid.

5981154 Actually writing Pinkie seems super easy to me. I worry what that might mean for my sanity a little.

Login or register to comment