• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Rise of the Elements Episode 1: Pinkie's Little Problem - Dream Volt



Science leads to a party as well as Pinkie's sisters. Also lots of strageness

  • ...
2
 10
 1,413

Good or Bad

We were in the throne room of the day palace and Luna and Celestia were glaring at me now long with Twilight and the guards behind us. Well Luna was glaring, Celestia was frowning. I hung my head.

"I'm sorry I disappointed you. I didn't mean to. I don't quite know what I did but…"

Luna suddenly laughed. "Oh of course. What was I thinking? It all makes perfect sense. I guess that research was a complete waste of time. She's not really a cosmic horror here to destroy us all, she's just one of those. How silly of me."

"Despite it not being on purpose it is still a problem my little pony. You need to think carefully about your actions in the future."

"But that's hard, and not very fun."

"Pinkie." Said Twilight

"Oh I know. Okay I promise to not go running around Ponyville if I look all weird. I didn't even think that…"

"It's too late for that. In the future though, please think about if there are ways to break a promise, beyond merely stating it."

I gasped. "I broke a promise?"

I immediately felt my hair go flat. Now it made sense. How could I be so stupid? Stupid Pinkie is stupid. Oh no, now the princesses and Twilight won't want to be my friends anymore. Oh, and once the others hear, they won't want to either. And Blinkie and all of Inky will hate me. Then Celestia smiled at me and suddenly I knew it would all be okay.

"Really? I want it to be but…"

"Luna and I are upset, but Queen Aqua has been toying with the idea of removing that provision of the Atollantis treaty for some time. I've decided Luna is right."

Luna sighed. "You mean you just changed your mind and…" Then she sat down and crossed her hooves "Oh fine. I was right to begin with anyway."

"I agree. This does prove one of your arguments you know."

"Oh, I suppose it does. I didn't mean like this per say, but I suppose it is a show of water magic, just not one any hippocampus would make."

"So it was bad."

"It wasn't good Pinkie, but apparently not. So you're really going to change the treaty?"

"Yes, Luna always got along with Aqua well, and the world needs to see her again, so she'll be handling the renegotiations."

Luna blinked, then turned to her sister. "I will? Don't I get a say in this?"

"Oh, I'm sorry dear sister." She got a big grin oh her face. "I thought you said you wanted to resume your royal responsibilities?"

Luna stomped a hoof. "Oh come on Sunny. I know you're just…" She sighed. "You know what, never mind. I do like Aqua, and I bet she's eager to change things by now."

"Wait, what?" Celestia pulled back, blinking

Luna smiled. "Didn't think I'd give in that easy." Luna then laughed. "So do you think we even need to punish Pinkie at all?"

"Hmm, in some way. How about this." Celestia then turned to me with a very stern look on her face, but then she winked. "You Pinkamena Diane Pie, are hereby sentenced to stay in that form for a week, but explain nothing about how or why to anypony."

I smiled. "Okie doki."

"However, no matter how tempted, you aren't to even attempt to fly."

Twilight let out a breath. It sounded like she had been carrying something really heavy, but now she put it down. My hair poofed back to normal, and I pulled Celestia and Luna in great big hug.

"You're the bestest rulers ever."

"Pinkie." Yelled Twilight

I then let them both go. "Oops."

"That was most inappropriate, even if the throne room is sealed." Said Luna

"I thought you're the one always talking about hating all the pomp and…"

"This is more simple respect for public officials. I'm sure you don't go around randomly hugging your mayor."

Twilight sighed. "Yes she does. She will hug just about anypony in the right situation."

Then everyone else laughed. I didn't get it. I started laughing because everyone else was, but how were hugs funny? I mean I knew they could make you happy enough to laugh, but they weren't really funny. I then bounced in place suddenly realizing something neat.

"Oooo, this means after a week I can use my wings, right?"

"Of course." Said Celestia

"Also I'll try to teach you some control over your abilities. If you can't get back to this form on your own I may revert you, though just leaving the horn or wings would be enough I imagine."

"It might reduce the panic attacks. Mayor Mare was in the infirmary with a panic attack after she saw Pinkie."

"Awww, really?"

"She'll be fine Pinkie. She just, well, panicked."

"Also while I didn't want to say anything, the rumors of a third princess could be very disruptive, most especially to Ponyville."

"Third?" said Twilight "But…"

"Well she is currently away, and most ponies pay less attention to foreign affairs than ideal. Regardless, the idea is the same regardless of actual number."

"In other words you really forgot I was back for a second again." Luna sighed. "I guess we should start now." She yawned. "I did not want to be up this early, but I doubt I'll get back to sleep anyway."

Then with a flash we were back in the Ponyville Library. Rainbow Dash was sitting there, and her eyes widened, then closed.

"Uh, what Rarity told me is right, right? That you're just shape changing and your wings probably won't even work."

"Yea, but I'm gonna make em work."

Dash shuddered a little. I wonder why? "Ooo, maybe we can go flying together some day. Wouldn't that be fun? I bet we can come up with some really awesome pranks to pull if both of us could fly."

"Uh, yea, I guess so. I just wanted to say sorry I over reacted."

"Roger and ten-four good buddy."

"Huh?"

Luna then cleared her throat. "We should probably get started sooner rather than later. I'm not sure how much you can learn from this Twilight, but you can watch as well."

"Uh, can I watch too?" asked Dash

"Yes, but we can't imagine you getting anything out of it."

"I never did do that good with transformation spells, but transmuting inanimate objects I'm much better at." Said Twilight

"Ah, then even if you can't master the spells themselves, you may still learn something. That's most excellent." Luna smiled. "So is there any reason not to practice here?"

"Not that I know of."

"This is going to be so much fun."

I smiled broadly. I got this super keen new power, and now Luna was going to teach me how to use it. I then gasped having the best idea ever.

"Ooo, can you teach me how to turn into a rock?"

"What?" the other three echoed.

I blinked. They didn't see the awesomeness of this, did they? I'm really surprised Dash didn't, she's the awesomest pony ever. Or is the she radicalest, I get those confused sometimes. If I can change shape then I can be like anything. If I can be anything, then I can pull off the best pranks ever. I couldn't help but start giggling like mad.