• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Rise of the Elements Episode 1: Pinkie's Little Problem - Dream Volt



Science leads to a party as well as Pinkie's sisters. Also lots of strageness

  • ...
2
 10
 1,413

The Party

I was giving Rarity my best innocent eyes, but she wasn't having it. The pout didn't help either. I then smiled briefly, then sighed and hung my head.

"I'm sorry Rarity. It's just cannons are so much fun, and the crusaders said they wanted one, and I had one, and it took me a while, but I eventually remembered where I put it, and then I brought it to them, but you were there, and you didn’t like it and then you were glaring at me, and then I gave you the eyes and…"

"That's enough darling. Now, I know responsibility and you have an understanding, but you are a grown mare and are capable of some responsible actions. You really should have known better than giving foals a cannon. Especially those three."

"Oh, you mean it's not because I forgot to give them a safety lecture? You're right that was totally irresponsible. I mean cannon safety is important."

"No, that is most certainly not it. For one I don't believe there really is such a thing as cannon safety."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be a silly filly. Of course there is."

"I mean that no amount of additional safety will ever make a cannon safe for anything, especially not for those three."

"Ohhhhh." Then I put my hoof on my chin. "But if that's the case why did you let them run off with the cannon while you were yelling at me?"

Rarity went wide eyed, turned around, and seeing the crusaders were indeed gone began looking around frantically. I then spotted a speck in the distance. Blinkie did make the cannon really easy to move. I guess she was right when she said a filly even littler than I was back then could pull it easily. They sure got far. Rarity then took off in a gallop.

"Hmmm, maybe I should tell her I also forgot to give them any blasting powder for the cannon so they can't actually fire it."

"That is something you should have said, yea."

I then spun around and had a laughing Decibel in a hug. I hadn't seen the head mare of Shadow Crash for a while, and it was really good to see her again. Her full name was Doom Decibel, and most of her fans called her Doomy, which was cute, but she would always be Decibel to me. Her fur was the same color grey as Inky's, just like her eyes were the same purple, but her mane was jet black and right now all punk spiky. Even though Luna brought up the moon hours ago she was still wearing her sunglasses. She was so cool.

"Yea, your so cool ice thinks you're cold."

"Okay. So, Scratch is all set up and he'll be playing till we're ready. All the plugs in there make setting up a snap. That curtain you rigged up looks good too."

"Oh, do you know if Luna is here yet? I forgot to ask but I did sorta spread it around that she was coming."

"Why are you asking me Pinkie?"

"We are here."

I turned around and bowed to Luna. Then I hugged her. She liked hugs. She always broke out of them fairly quickly for some reason though. She was in that black unicorn form with silver hair, but it was still really obvious it was her. I mean she was still all Luna-y. I don't get how it fooled any pony. Silent Sky was next to her in her new silver armor. It looked really pretty on her black hide and her neon pink hair. Fluttershy's sister is neato, but mine are ever better.

"This isn't remotely secure, but thankfully I was able to mobilize the full guard, or near enough, so I think we can handle any threat."

"They aren't going to be all mopey and just sit there are they?"

"No. I'm in fact the only one in any armor at all. The rest will mingle with the other partygoers and be ready if needed. We should go Luna."

"Oh yes, we truly should. We do enjoy the stylings of DJ Pon3. He is the hips."

Sky sighed. "Good try Luna, but that wasn't even that close."

"OH PITEOUS NIGHT." She paused. "We shall simply strive to do better. Onward."

I giggled as they left. Luna was a really fun pony sometimes. She was all frowny way too often though. I understood she had a lot to frown about, but that just means you have to try harder to smile more. She walked in with Sky right behind her. Sky really liked her armor, but she probably should have taken her off since it kinda gives away Luna's disguise even more.

"You know we could follow them inside. You probably want to check the decorations again anyway, right?"

"Nah, I'm good. Five is like way more than normal really, but I want this to be a really perfect party. Ooo, but I could check the food."

"And by that you mean sample, right?" Decibel then laughed "You never change."

I then hopped into the cave, and through the open hidden doors at the back. When closed they looked like solid rock. The huge square room was so awesome. Not only were there tons of balloons and streamers, and normal party decorations, but there was also a bunch of science things lying about. There were tons of those neat coils, but behind glass so no one would touch them. There were also a bunch of boxes with blinking lights, and there were even some of Blinkie's robots. None of them really worked like robots on TV, but they still looked really cool and she could make them move around with a remote if she wanted.

"Ooo, I need to go find Blinkie."

"Why?"

"Because a party game with a robot would be awesome."

I then bounced off. I was so excited I almost bounced right past the tables with all the food on it. Luna brought a lot so if a whole big bunch of ponies didn't show up we would have a lot of left overs. I could wait to talk to Blinkie a few minutes. I mean she was still probably talking with Twilight. It all looked so good I didn't know what to check first. I then noticed some shinny orange leaves.

"Ooo, I've never seen something like that before."


Luna had appeared on stage when Decibel called out to the crowd asking if she was here tonight. I don't think she knew why I asked her to do that, and she was sure surprised when she ended up singing her most famous duet with Luna instead of that stallion with the funny eyebrows. The whole set had been so much fun they said they'd do another after a break. Scratch had all the attention on her now, even though she was off to the side of the room.

"Hey, now that I think of it Scratch might have dragged Octy along. Wouldn’t that be just the funniest thing ever?"

"What are you talking about? Why are you even talking to me?"

I turned to see Bon Bon. She sorta didn't like me. She had her awesome candy store and I bought stuff there all the time, but I bothered her for some reason.

"How can a mare that makes such sweet candy, be so sour." I then shook my head.

"Why am I still here?" Then she blinked and smiled. "Oh, uh, great party, I, just need to find Lyra so I'm going to leave. Nothing personal of course."

She moved away as quickly as she could. It was a fake smile. I frowned briefly, but then smiled again. She was enjoying my party even if she was avoiding me like usual. Lyra was always so much nicer. I then gasped.

"Omigosh, could she be jealous of how well I get along with Lyra?"

"Hey Pinks, hows it going?"

I smiled, moving to hug Rainbow Dash, but stopped myself. She wasn't that fond of hugs, or at least didn't want to be. I think she liked them but didn't want to like them. Rainbow Dash then took a good long look at me. Then she walked over to me, and held up one wing next to me. She blinked.

"Okay, this is going to sound weird, but I swear you're shorter."

I grumbled. "Not again." Then I smiled "Ooo, I don't have to worry this time, I know Twilight can fix me, so everything will be hunky dory."

"Wait, you really shrunk, and for the second time?"

I nodded. "Uh huh. Then Twilight fixed me. She said she didn't be she totally did."

"What? Pinkie this sounds really strange, even for you."

"Ooo, maybe I should wait longer this time. So I can a teeny tiny Pinkie Pie. Now that I know I'm not going to be a foal I can have some fun with it."

"I'm pretty sure this sounds like something you should talk to Twilight about now. In fact I think I'm going to…"

Then Dash just stopped talking. I turned around and there was a blue stallion and an orange mare standing next to a bunch of other pegasai. Something about them looked really familiar. Also I thought they should be bluer somehow.

"Dashie." I waved a hoof in front of her face. "You still in there? This one time I totally wasn't, and was in this weird room with a bunch of screens that had pictures of us on them. I mean I wasn't there, there, but I also was. I mean I could see everything, and there were also these really weird pinkish things but not pink like me, sorta more peachy, oh, but one of them were chocolate, and one might have been almond and…"

"Wonderbolts."

"Huh?"

"Those ponies. They're the Wonderbolts." Dash then hugged me. "Pinkie, you threw a party so awesome the Wonderbolts came."

Then she was gone. I smiled brightly. Maybe she did just ditch me, but she liked my party so much she actually hugged me. That was so worth it. Besides, there are plenty of other ponies and so much more fun to spread. I bounced off, looking for anyone that needed a bit more Pinkie in their party.