• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Rise of the Elements Episode 1: Pinkie's Little Problem - Dream Volt



Science leads to a party as well as Pinkie's sisters. Also lots of strageness

  • ...
2
 10
 1,413

Ha, ha. Little

Luna sent a lot of food from the palace chefs so we ran out of tables to put it on. I decided I could probably take at least a little break. Also I was a pony on a mission. I needed a thing with Fluttershy and would get it. AJ said she had to go back to the farm and check on things anyway. Fluttershy's cottage looked a little weird. It was always covered in green, but now it was like super covered. Plus there were a bunch of flowers and such like everywhere. I mean this one flower was almost as tall as my mouth.

"I wonder what it is?"

No one said anything, so I decided if it looked pretty, the blue flower might taste good too. So I ate it right off it's stem. It was really yummy, and I don't think I ever had one before either. I need to ask Twilight about that. I then spun to another of the overgrown plants around the cottage. Its leaves were like mega green, and it smelled like that special lettuce that one pony gave me. I still don't remember what happened next, but somehow I crossed the whole mountain range and I woke up dyed orange. But that plant was all spiky looking, this one has really round leaves.

"Uh, what are you doing? If you don't mind my asking, that is."

"Fluttershy."

I spun around and hugged the mare behind me before she could react. Her eyes went wide right before. Then she pulled out of my grip, and began messing with the white hat on her head, making sure it was just right. It reminded me of Rarity a little. She then let out a sigh of relief, and turned toward me with a big smile on her face. The hat was a wide brimmed fancy thing with a single feather in it. It was a big read feather that reminded me of something.

"Oooo, is that one of Moonfire's feathers?"

"Who?"

"Oh, uh, I dunno. Somehow that seemed the right thing to say, but now it doesn’t seem like it at all. I think I did hear that name somewhere though."

"Uh, why are you here Pinkie?"

"To find a thing with you. Why are you wearing a hat? I like hats. I have a neat umbrella hat." I gasped. "Ooo, maybe our thing can be hats."

"Uh…"

I frowned. "No, that's silly. Wearing hats isn't a thing." I smiled. "Don't you worry none, auntie Pinkie Pie will think of something."

"Pinkie how…" Then she stopped. "Sorry, I shouldn't have even thought something like that. I didn't mean it."

"It's okay, I really do forget you're older a whole bunch. It's because you're just so cute I can't help but think you're younger, ya know."

Fluttershy just stared at me. It went on for a really long time. I got bored so I decided to steal her hat so I could see if I like it. She immediately launched into the sky, both front hooves pulling down on her hat, like someone was trying to yank it off her head or something. She was shaking and was wide eyed. Then I laughed.

"Oh yea, I was trying to take it."

"Please don't."

"You must really like that hat. I mean like love it."

"Not really I just…" Then she went wide eyed again. "I mean, yes, I do. Rarity gave it to me and the feather is from Philomena, so it's precious to me for two reasons. In fact I never want to take it off again. Yes, hat wearer from now on."

Then Fluttershy gave me a smile followed by a little squeak. She makes such cute little noises. Still, something seemed off, and not the wrong thing with me, but something about Fluttershy. Then I gasped.

"You don't talk like that. That almost sounds like an excuse." I glared at her

"No really, it's not like that."

I blinked. "Wait, it's not my birthday again, is it?"

"No, and Dash got us all to promise never to throw you a surprise party again. I don't know why though. You looked a bit upset, but it worked out so well."

I turned away. I knew why. I felt like such a silly filly when I figured it out, but Dash saw things. Things I don't remember too well, but I know I didn't want her to see. Then I shook my head and did my best to get in Fluttershy's face. She recoiled, and since I was looking up and flew even higher when I did it didn't work that well.

"Hey, that isn't fair."

"I'm sorry. Look, really, it's nothing. I'm not hiding anything under my hat. I just like this hat and plan to wear if from now on. That's all."

"Oh, okie doki." I then paused for a moment. "I got it. You should try to think of a thing too. Then, three are two ponies trying to think of a thing instead of one. I'm sure we'll come up with something."

"Uh, okay."

She smiled brightly again, and landed. I guess I could help her garden. I helped AJ plant some trees and that was okay. I guess the reason I don't have a thing with Fluttershy is she's like the anti party pony. No Pierce is the anti party pony, how can he think popping balloons is fun. Fluttershy is like the anti Pinkie though. She doesn't like parties, and is all quiet, and keeps to herself.

"Or would the anti Pinkie be a supervillain that went around ruining parties everywhere."

"What?"

"Ooo, then I could be Party Mare, protector of good times everywhere. I could put on a mask to hide my identity. Double OOO, it could be one of those fun Mardi Grass masks. Now that is a town that knows how to party."

"Uh, what are you talking about? If you don't mind me asking that is?"

"Party based superheroes, duh."

Then I blinked. I think I was thinking of something important. I was almost sure I was. Party based superheroes are neat but not really important. I then laughed.

"Oh well, if it's really important I'll remember."

"Uh, okay."

I then hopped off. I really should check the decorations again. They seemed good but maybe I can make them better. I then suddenly had an idea. I turned to hop back to sugar cube corner. I needed some food coloring.


"Please?"

Twilight sighed. I don't think the eyes were really working. She then walked out of the room and down into her basement. I decided to stand up. She came back with a notebook hovering next to her. It looked like the one Firecracker was using earlier. She flipped thought the pages, then stopped. A measuring tape on the table then hovered next to me as well. It zipped around a few times, taking some measurements. Then her eyes went wide.

"You really are shrinking."

"Please Twilight, fix me."

"The eyes don't help Pinkie. You know if we hadn't measured you just this morning and you were anypony else I wouldn’t have even bothered to check. You are in fact five inches shorter. You really are shrinking."

"I told you. Now fix it. I don’t want to be a little filly again. I didn't like being a filly."

Twilight blinked, looking at me. I then realized I was crying, and my mane had gone flat. I hated it when it did that.

"I'm sure we can fix this Pinkie. If I can't I'll ask Luna, and even Celestia if need be. Now follow me and lets get some readings from downstairs."

"Okay."

"Now, when did this start?"

"I don't know exactly. I think I noticed it when I was with the cutie mark crusaders in the kitchen, but that might have just been, ginnnngivitus."

Twilight stopped. "Why did you say it like that."

"Like what?"

"Like…" She then shook her head and continued downstairs. "Nevermind."

I had already stopped crying. This was no big deal. Twilight can fix anything with her smarty smartness. I then zipped into the chair, my hair already feeling all poofy again. Maybe not full poofy, but much better. Twilight then turned on stuff and connected some wires, and then sat there looking at various read outs.

"So earlier today then?"

"Yea, something seemed wrong, but I couldn't figure it out till a little bit ago. I couldn't reach something, but then Inky could. We're all the same height, so I figured it out and then I came here…"

"Yelling, I'm shrinking, I'm shrinking. Okay, first oddity, you may be smaller, but you're not lighter. Second there is definitely something very strange going on with your aura."

"That's a magic thingie, right?"

"It's pretty much the magic, thingie. Interpreting auras is very complicated, and there is quite a bit of debate on the subject, but the wealth of information they contain is well accepted by all magic researchers."

"So mine is weird?"

"In countless ways really, but now it's even stranger. For one it's far more active, almost like a unicorn's in a way."

"So, I'm turning into a unicorn filly?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I may not know exactly what is going on, but I can assure you that is not what is going on here."

"Are you sure?"

Twilight turned to me and rolled her eyes. "Yes Pinkie, I'm sure. Though I think I need all the help I can get so I think I'll send a note for Luna to get here early so we can discuss this matter."

"Twichy…" I began and Twilight immediately cringed and looked up. "Ooo, no, it's a combo. I wonder what that is."

"What is?"

"Well some of my internal organs are twitching. Though I'm not sure what all of them are, so I'm not sure what's twitching. Also I've never felt this combo before."

"So is it a big one? Even though you didn't know what it was you were able to say that it was a doozy."

"Hmmm…"

I tried to figure it out. It was a new combo, so it wasn't simple, but it didn't feel like a doozy at all. One combo let me know Silent Sky was in Ponyville so I could throw her a party, but it wasn't really a doozy. Of course with internal organs sometimes I got confused. I mean the liver and spleen don't feel all that different.

"I mean come on, it totally wasn't my fault that rampaging ursa and sea serpent looking to buy mustache wax are so similar."

"What?"

"Oh, I dunno. It feels really odd, like it's both more and less of a doozy. It's all like flickity flickity, but it's also a little gurgly wurgly, and those so don't go together at all so it could mean just about anything."

"How can any of that mean anything." Twilight then sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry. I believe in your twitches, and accept they somehow work, but…"

"You still want to know." I then slid over and wrapped my arm around her. "It's okay Twi Twi. I know you can't help but want to know. I don't question anything I do, but I know not everypony can be like that."

"You don't ever doubt yourself at all?"

I blinked "I don't think that's what I said."

Then I felt dizzy. I laughed as I fell over. I love feeling dizzy, it's so fun. I stood up and suddenly everything was smaller. No, I was taller. I walked up to Twilight and pressed my nose against hers. She instantly recoiled. It wasn't that cold was it?

"Woo, thanks Twilight."

"I didn't do anything."

"No need to be modest. I know you're super amazing awesome with magic and I'm okay with it. Don't you remember that letter?"

"But Pinkie, I didn't do anything. It's almost like you fixed yourself somehow."

"Oh, but, I touched you and then I was fixed, so it must have been you."

"Pinkie that…" Twilight then stared. "Actually, that might make sense." Then her mouth dropped open. "You just made a logical conclusion."

I laughed. "Oh come on silly filly, just because I don't try to do that doesn't mean I ca-an't. It's just way more fun if I don't worry about that."

"You mean making sense?"

I nodded, then laughed. "Yep. Now, I have a cannon to find."

"For the party?" asked Twilight

"Maybe."

I then put a hoof on my chin. I wasn't sure why I needed that anymore. I think it was for the party, but maybe it was for something else. I know I needed a cannon for something. I then decided to just hop off anyway. If you need a cannon, you get a cannon, even if you don't know why. Besides, there are tons of things you can do with a cannon. It never hurts to have extra. And one day I would perfect my party cannon. It wasn't working right quite yet, but one day. One day.