• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,413 Views, 10 Comments

Rise of the Elements Episode 1: Pinkie's Little Problem - Dream Volt



Science leads to a party as well as Pinkie's sisters. Also lots of strageness

  • ...
2
 10
 1,413

Poor logic

The cakes were looking at me strangely for some reason. But then I realized I forgot something important and ran up to my room. I had been so rushed I totally forgot there were other ponies in my bed. Or did I not know that this morning? It's confusing when that sort of thing happens. But I was right and my tangled blanket was at the foot of the bed but some ponies were taking up most of the rest of the bed. Vinyl woke up first, and pushed the sheets away from the two mares to either side of her. Decibel was to her right and Octavia her left. Both were hugging her like a stuffed crocodile. I then hopped over to uncover the last pony and it was indeed Inky. Cool, they were not only all at the same party but all ended up together. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Wow, I got really lucky last night. I can't move but staring into Octy's…" Then Vinyl blinked, and turned to his right to look at Octy. "Wiat…"

"Oh dear. This isn't good." Said Inky

Decibel then sat up. "Oh come, this just proves my point."

"It does not you volume obsessed oaf."

"Why are there three Octys?"

Of course it was pretty obvious they were all identical. At least when decibel wasn't wearing her glasses and her mane wasn't so full of gel. Octavia looked way too serious like normal but you could still tell she looked like Inky. Well I mean her fur was a little different shade and her hair darker just like Decibel, but they still looked totally the same otherwise. Vinyl then got a great big smile on her face.

"Oh, I remember this dream now." Then Vinyl blinked. "Except I don't think it's been quite like this and I have a hangover."

"It is unfortunately quite real."

"Oh come on, Vinyl is awesome, just admit your feelings already." Said Decibel

Vinyl smiled. "I gotta go with black hair on this one. Come on Octy, give in."

"We didn't actually do anything." Said Inky "We just dragged Vinyl and you here."

"Pity." Said Decibel

Inky blushed.

Octavia stood and stomped out of bed really messing up the sheets. "I can't believe you sometimes. You're as bad as she is."

"And that's why you love her so much."

Then Decibel kissed Vinyl. It probably would have gone on longer but Octavia smacked Vinyl in the head with gummy. I then laughed as Vinyl ran around the room with Gummy hanging off one ear. Decibel followed Vinyl doing the same thing even though she didn't have a crocodile on her ear. Inky tried to hide her smile and giggled, but I saw her. Octavia just kept glaring at Vinyl the whole time. Eventually he got bored and stopped though, even though Gummy didn't let go.

"Wow, so what's going on here, I thought you said you only had two sisters Pinks, and sure didn't say nothing about three identical twins."

"I don't duh, that would just be silly see…" Then I stopped. "Oh, but I can't tell you, because then I would be breaking a Pinkie promise."

"See. She knows." Said Decibel, stomping

"She does not." Said Octavia

"Pinkie, do you know about the three of us being the same pony?" asked Inky

I rolled my eyes. "Well duh, I mean I'd have to be super oblivious to not to notice my sister became two ponies, and then split again later to become three."

Vinyl laughed. "Oh man, so Octy of all ponies really is your sister?"

"Then why didn't you say anything?" Octavia nearly growled

"I promised, remember. You made me say, or Inky did, I'm never really sure on who you are before a split because you were really more like all three, but not quite any of them, and you're all sort of each other and…" Octavia put a hoof in my mouth

"I really can't believe this." Then she pulled her hoof out. "Explain. Be precise and swift, and absolutely do not veer off on any tangents

"Tangents? What do you mean Tangents, when have I ever done that?"

Then everypony face hoofed. I don't get it. I mean it's not like I just start talking about random things all the time or anything. Octavia then gave me a slight glare.

"Wow, I think you've gotten even grumpier with time. Anyway, I promised Inky when she was still just Inky that I would never tell anyone about sneaking off to listen to music, or anything that might reveal it."

"What, but how does…" Began Octavia

"Oh, I get it." Said Inky

Decibel laughed. "The first time we were torn about making a decision was whether to take that mare up on her scholarship offer. Since we weren't even supposed to be there at all telling anypony might reveal it."

"Even us?" said Octavia

I rolled my eyes. "Duh, I mean you said nopony and you're a pony, so obviously you didn't want to risk anypony overhearing anything, which seems a little silly, but I made a promise and I keep my promises."

"Told ya." Said Decibel

"Hey, you really are Doom Decibel, aren't you. You look different without the makeup or costume." Vinyl then laughed. "Like Octy obviously."

She nodded. "Oh yes. I still don't understand how she thinks she's strait. I mean my barn door swings both ways, and I know you know what I mean."

Scratch giggled. "It is so odd to hear somepony that looks like Octy say that."

"And Inky is probably the same, and sure as heck a full on missy mare."

Inky blushed brightly. "She is right but I really don't like to talk about that sort of thing."

Vinyl got a great big grin on her face. I have always liked Vinyl it's really easy to make her smile and she makes other ponies smile a lot too. Vinyl then scooted up to Octavia and just looked in her eyes.

"I knew you wanted me."

"I do not."

"She does." Added Decibel.

"I'm not really so sure that…" Began Inky

"I knew it. Come on Octy, you're resisted far too long and we can have a three way with…" Vinyl paused. "Uh, what are you two exactly?"

"Parts of a whole." Said Decibel

"It might not be obvious, but my cutie mark is a resonating crystal." Said Inky "It's not clear why our separate personalities become separate ponies, but they do. Thanks to Pinkie I actually think the breaks being caused by not making decisions about music is weirder than the splitting thing."

"Oh, wait, the second one was classical or rock and you chose both?" Vinyl then laughed. "Oh mare, that is so cool. Okay, so I can have a threesome with a single pony. Awesome beyond all measure so what say we…"

Vinyl then stumbled backwards when Octavia was standing on two hooves a bow in one hand. She had it pointed at Vinyl. It had a really shinny hair on it that glimmered in the sunlight. Before anypony could say or do anything else Twilight appeared in the room and glared at me. She had even gone all mane burny. I knew it was bad whenever it happened. Sometimes she was just upset in general, but I was pretty sure she was mad this time. I wasn't sure why though.

"Pinkie do you have any idea what you've done?"

"Uh, finally told my sister I know she's three ponies."

Twilight's mane went out. "What? What does that even…"

Then she spun around. For a little while she was quiet, just looking over everything and everypony. Then she spun around at me again, this time her hair wasn't normal fire, but dark blue just like her hair. I couldn't see any streaks of purple and pink, but it was pretty bright.

"Pinkie, what have you done now."

"Miss Sparkle, please calm yourself, we are supposed to be like this." Said Octavia

"Yea, you're probably not gonna like it, but it's true." Added Decibel

"All of mother and father's daughters are…" Inky paused, then gave a little forced laugh. "Special. I have multiple poninality disorder, except they get bodies."

"Though that most likely complicates things." Said Octavia

Twilight spun around. "So it's just a coincidence you have one of Celestia's hairs in your possession?"

"You can recognize that by sight alone?" asked Octavia, raising an eyebrow

Decibel and I both rolled our eyes at the same time.

"Ah yes, I forgot for a moment there. In this case yes. Which reminds me." She then swung the bow at Vinyl's head cutting a few hairs.

"Come on Octy, not the god bow. I mean that thing can cut through solid steel."

"It can?" Twilight was then non burny again. "I suppose it makes sense one of Celestia's hairs might be invulnerable but logically…"

"The wood of the bow has been strengthened itself somehow. It was a very fine wood but it now seems to have gained the durability of the hair itself."

"And you doubted me."

"Yes, as it turns out you were right, but while it never damages anything I do not wish it too, even something as fragile as a few taught strings, brief moments of godhood are in fact far more trouble then they are worth on stage."

"It really helps with the inspiration sometimes though." Said Decibel

Inky just nodded.

"Wait, so the bow can…" began Twilight

"When playing my instrument, for a period of about 3 seconds at a time. It is rather enjoyable, but ultimately disruptive."

"Wait so…"

"Miss Sparkle. While I would be happy to discuss this at a later time, I believe you came here with some sort of pressing business."

"By the way, has anypony ever told you you're hot when you're angry?"

Everyone else but me and Vinyl groaned. I laughed. I don't get why someponies didn't think Vinyl was funny. Twilight then turned back to me.

"You're absolutely right and…" Twilight's right eye twitched. "Wait, none of you even noticed? This whole town really is crazy."

"Ya mean the alicorn thing?" said Vinyl

"I noticed obviously." Said Octavia

"It's Pinkie though." Said Decibel, smiling

"I just figured she finally got shape shifting down like Granny Pie. I mean we were always saying it seemed inevitable."

"Ah yes, I didn't even think of that actually." Said Octavia

Decibel laughed "Neither did I."

"I still don't know what's going on, but I figured, ya know, it's Pinkie. So wait, does this mean she can turn into like anything now?"

"Not yet, but…" I was smiling

"Pinkie." Twilight glared at me. "Don't you understand what you did?"

I rolled my eyes. "Twilight, stop being all silly and asking the same question over and over. I already told you that..."

"Pinkie."

Twilight was so loud she broke Sugarcube corner. Then I blinked and realized she didn't break it we were both just somewhere else now. There were a bunch of guards in really shinny armor and we were in the palace. The guards were glaring at me I think. I then got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but it wasn't a twitch. I think I did something bad.