• Published 9th Oct 2022
  • 3,063 Views, 142 Comments

My Little Ball of Fire & Vengeance - Scootaboom1

  • ...
18
 142
 3,063

Ch 30

Amber Woods

Together with Dinky, I was enjoying a cucumber sandwich at the house of Amethyst Star when suddenly...

...bang!

Rumble burst in through the front door in a panic before stopping to catch his breath.

Amethyst walked to him and asked him why he had burst through her door, "Hey! What's the big idea I just had that repainted!

Can you please tell me why you burst into my living room!?"

Panting Rumble began to speak, "Oh... Sorry... But... Give me a sec...

There is a giant gaping vortex in the sky!"

Amethyst suddenly began freeze up as her eye twitch.

Calmly taking one more bite from my sandwich I ask, "Are we in immediate danger?

Is it growing?

Can we see the other side?

Is there any immediate actions we need to take?

What are the princesses and element bearers doing?"

As Dinky and I continued to eat our sandwiches Rumble answered having finally caught his breath, "Well there doesn't seem to be any immediate danger for us.

If anything the creatures on the other side of the vortex seem to be in more danger as their world seems to be cracking apart...

So yes I think it's growing or well their world is cracking apart...

Honestly the biggest danger is probably those creatures fall from the sky so you should probably move to the basement for a while."

"What about the creatures on the other side of the vortex?

Are they going to be okay?

What's the plan for them if they fall?

Like if the vortex closes while they are on this side do they get refuge status or something?

Where would they live?"

Rumble hummed thoughtfully before coming up with an answer, "Well the emergency response pegasi are already on the move in order to catch any of the creatures who fall.......

.....but for your other questions, I am not sure.

You will have to ask some pony else."

Dinky stood up from the table and said, "I'll go get a pair of binoculars from upstairs so we can check it out before we go into the basement...

... okay?"

"Got it."

As Dinky made her way upstairs I heard a growling noise coming from Rumble who rubbed the back of his head and said, "Sorry. Did not have lunch yet."

"Amethyst did had a sandwich for herself prepared but has not yet touched it. I don't think she would mind if you had it."

Rumble sat down at the table and began to chow down, "Thanks, I flew off before my parents or Thunderlane could make anything for lunch.

This was supposed to be my last stop this time so my parents want me to stay here in case something happens, so I think that we should take turns keeping watch for changes."

"Good idea.

After Dinky comes back down with the binoculars she and I will take a quick trip outside to see what kind of creatures are on the other side of the vortex.

Then the three of us will get Amethyst down into the bunker."

Rumble nodded in affirmation as we started to hear the pattering of Dinkys' hooves as she made her way back down the stairs, "I found the binoculars so that we can see the creatures from the other side of the vortex."

Dinky nodded and said, "Okay but let's be quick, and get back inside before Amethyst wakes up."

Stepping out side Dinky got to use the binoculars first which was okay because I was distracted by the castle belonging to princess Twilight.

It had turned a color that reminded me of red velvet cake and had dark clouds swirling ominously over it, "Well you don't see that everyday.

Should we be worried about that or is that something we are just going to ignore?"

Completely ignoring my question Dinky exclaimed in excitement, "WOW! I don't think I have seen any creature who looked like that before!"

Rumble replied, "I know right. The closest that I could think of would be minotaurs but even they look nothing like them."

"Are we just going to ignore what is going on with Princess Twilights' castle or am I the only one who is worried about that? Ohh no wait I see the element bearers doing something about that."

Rainbow Dash attempted to bust in through a window by performing one of her sonic rainbooms only for the castle to shoot a red bolt of lightning blasting her away.

"Well that looks like it hurt..."

Feeling a hoof on my shoulder I looked back and saw Dinky offering me the binoculars, "You ready to take a look with the binoculars?"

"Ohh? Sure I'll take a quick look right now."

Looking up towards the vortex I saw a familiar creature...

...humans?

No they were way too colorful for the humans that I knew of but they were clearly a similar creature. Looking closer I saw some kind of black winged angel and decided, "We should probably head into the basement before something else crazy happens."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment