• Published 9th Oct 2022
  • 3,063 Views, 142 Comments

My Little Ball of Fire & Vengeance - Scootaboom1

  • ...
18
 142
 3,063

Ch 9

Amber Wood

I awoke with a massive head ache.

When I tried to rub my temple I noticed something.

My forelimbs were restrain.

"Bwu!"

What?

Oh wait I am wearing a muzzle?

And a straitjacket?

What happened?

Why am I numb all over?

And what is that smell?

Please don't be me.

It is probably me isn't it.

I tried to call out for someone until I heard the door open.

I heard three different voices entering the room.

The oldest and most tired voice caught my attention, "Air Head, I know that you are on break and all but please stop acting that way with this patient."

It feels like I am missing some very important context here and I don't like where this is going.

The energetic young voice of who I could only imagine to be Air Head began to cuw in a baby voice, "But I can't help myself Nurse Red Heart. She is just sooo cute. I just want to give the little foal raspberries and play with her all day."

The third voice also sounded young then said, "Don't waste your breath with Nurse Air Head. I have known her for years and she never learns. It does not matter how many times the calf's bite draws blood, she won't learn her lesson.

And even though you drew the short straw I don't mind cleaning her."

The tired older mare who was now in view then said, "Thank you Nurse Gentle Response."

The older nurse stood next to the bed and began to take note of what was on the monitor.

The nurse by the name of Gentle Response went to the foot of the bed.

The magical glow told me that she was a unicorn and the sound of buckles being undone and clean diaper in her aura confirmed where the smell was coming from.

How long was I unconscious?...

Actually that Gentle Response nurse said something about me biting that Air Head mare.

Does that have something to do with the straightjacket?

How long have I been black out high, or whatever happened.

If I was unconscious than the straightjacket would have been unnecessary.

As I considered the new information I was receiving my thoughts were interrupted by Nurse Air Head.

She was hovering just above my bed making all kinds of faces and babbling sounds as though she were entertaining a baby of some kind.

Wait a second...

Does she really think that I am some kind of foal?

As her babbling became more coherent she confirmed it, "Who's a cute widdle foal? You are, yes you are!"

I exhaled deeply and looked to the older nurse hoping that my pleading stare would convey my message to her.

She was an earth pony with a white coat and salmon colored mane.

Once she finished taking notes on her clipboard she turned in my direction and while I was not sure if my stare conveyed my message something caught her attention.

With a slightly hesitant voice the older nurse asked, "Have either of you two noticed a change in her eyes today?"

Nurse Gentle Response finished washing her hooves and asked, "No. Why, is something wrong Nurse Red Heart?"

So the older nurse is named Red Heart.

Nurse Gentle Response came by the bed to take a look for herself and with a raised eyebrow tilted her head, "I think I see something different...

...or maybe not?"

Please just remove the muzzle.

Nurse Red Heart shook her head and said, "Ya, your right maybe I was just tired."

"OO KOO MUN!"

Translation: Oh come on!

Then much to all our surprise Nurse Air Head spoke up, "Oh, maybe she wants to say something the little cutie! Let's take that muzzle off you!"

The other nurses were so surprised they didn't even try to stop her before she removed it.

Too prevent them from just putting it back on I immediately spoke up, "Thank you Misses Nurse Air Head. Now could one of you please explain how I got here.

Please."

Nurse Red Heart and Nurse Gentle Response went quite after I spoke up though Nurse Air Head commented on how cute I was.

Nurse Red Heart let out a tired breath and said, "I am too tired for all this. Nurse Gentle Response stay here and make sure that neither the patient or Nurse Air Head do anything stupid. I will go report this and clock out."

I looked to Nurse Gentle Response and she stared back so I asked again about how I got here and put in a straightjacket.

Nurse Gentle Response let out a sigh and began, "It all start about two months ago..."

"TWO MONTHS AGO!!!"

Ignoring my exclamation of surprise she continued, "... a mare by the name of Applejack found you near her home performing almost drunken behavior and covered in a severe rash.

After performing a few test we found that you were high on Taunting Poison Nettle which is quite a powerful pain killer and anti inflammatory. Fortunately it is not really possible to overdose on it but it has another problem.

The leaves are covered in a oily secretion the can severe rashes especially if allergic, which you are by the way.

If you had not appeared to already have some in your system the inflammation would have sealed your throat before we could treat you.

Normally some pony would have to wash off the oil before it could be used..."

I couldn't help but ask, "Why go through all that trouble?"

Nurse Gentle Response gave an amused chuckle and said, "Same reason you were out of it high for so long, the effects last a very long time, and apparently acts somewhat similarly to catnip."

"I take it that I had a lot of it in my system."

Gentle Response looked at me like I had grown a second head and said, "You had ingested twice your body weight in Taunting Poison Nettle.

How your stomach didn't rupture is beyond any of us."

Nurse Air Head cuwed about how cute I was some more while I processed the information.

Nurse Gentle Response looked side to side nervously and I asked, "So can you please let me out of the straightjacket miss Nurse Gentle Response?"

Nurse Gentle Response looked around the room quicker than before and with a nervous chuckle, "Unfortunately I would not be allowed to make that decision myself. If Nurse Red Heart were still present than she could approve it, but as you were here for...

..she left.

Some pony with the authority should come by soon to decide what to do with you."

I was not sure if that sounded promising or not but I don't think I will have much of a choice.