• Published 9th Oct 2022
  • 3,063 Views, 142 Comments

My Little Ball of Fire & Vengeance - Scootaboom1

  • ...
18
 142
 3,063

Ch 10

Amber Wood

I had managed to keep myself under control when the Head Nurse apply named Head Nurse decided that I was to stay restrained for a short time.

Though I did agree with the reasoning somewhat.

Apparently I had not experienced any form of muscle atrophy which was a trait normally only found in draconic species who often hibernated for decades or even centuries.

They did not seem to know that kirin are part dragon and I planned to keep it that way for now.

Though they were okay with me keeping the muzzle off.

On the other hand or hoof I guess, they had some kind of discussion outside my room.

They clearly did not want me to hear about it for now.

I was fortunate when Nurse Air Head finally returned to work as her constant baby talk was getting annoying.

But now I was bored of the silence.

I took the time to look around the room and I noticed that the room seemed to have only the bare essentials if that.

If I had to guess it was to prevent me from breaking something or hurting myself if and when I broke out of the straightjacket.

From the what I could tell there had been more stuff in the room before.

They had also appeared to have added padding to both the walls and floors, but the padding on the built in counter told me that this was not where they put the crazy ones.

They probably didn't have those in this hospital.

After another short wait a knock came from the door a voice that sounded like Head Nurse asked, "May we come in."

Something about it did not sound like it was a question, and since I didn't have a choice in the matter.

I called out, "Come in."

Head Nurse came in by herself but I just barely heard a few voices just outside the door so I knew that there were others outside.

Head Nurse was an older earth pony mare with an eggshell coat and teal mane. Her cutie mark was a stack of papers with a medical symbol on the first page.

She cleared her throat and spoke, "Well sweet little kirin calf. We would like to ask you a few questions, is that ok?"

Something about the way she said that did not sit well with me but I had to keep up appearances.

"Sure thing Miss Head Nurse, what do you want to ask?"

I gave her a big doughy smile and she responded with what looked like a pained smile but she awwed under her breath.

For some reason I have a bad feeling about her smile.

Entering the room was a unicorn mare with an off white coat and a dark grey mane with dull blue eyes wearing brown half rimmed glasses. In her matching dull blue aura was a clipboard and quill. She had a neutral but serious expression and something about her expression made me more concerned. Looking at her cutie mark I saw three hearts with smiley faces, one of which was smaller than the others.

She then began to speak to me in a neutral tone, "Hello little calf my name is Loving Family and I will be asking you some questions today. First can you please tell me your name?"

After she asked her question she made a friendly looking smile that almost made all my nerves melt away...

Almost...

I and not naive enough to fall for something like a kind looking face.

I continued to smile and said, "Amber Wood."

Loving Family scribbled my name down on the clip board before she spoke up again, "Thank you now I would like to ask where you are from?"

Fortunately I had not forgotten the backstory I had come up with by working in elements from the story Trixie sold during our shows.

"I am from a hidden village of kirin in the north west regions outside of Equestria."

Loving Family hummed and ask, "Do you need help getting back?"

I unintentionally looked downward and said, "I can not return now that I have left, it is a hidden village after all, and even then I don't really want to."

Head Nurse and Loving Family were caught up in silent thought for a while before Loving Family spoke again, "I suppose that is why we had no knowledge of your village, are most like that? Also while you were under the effects of the Taunting Poison Nettle a mare by the name of Pinkie Pie came by to lift the spirits of the patients when you had gotten loose. She assisted in subduing you but noted that you had a parted eyebrow that matched a nirik calf that was in this town not to long before you appeared. Was that a coincidence or something else?"

Well it was time to seal the deal, "For your first question I genuinely do not know the answer but I would assume so. For the second it is a bit more complicated. You see whenever a kirin is born a nirik is also born and vice versa. The pair will have a special connection to one another and will share certain experiences. Though we do not even live together we stay close to one another's homes. Though nirik prefer solitude they will tolerate other nirik, their counter parts, and others on occasion. I came to your town following my counter part."

Loving Family started writing down the massive info dump that I had completely made up but from the look of it she completely believed me.

She had a look of relief on her face but she still clearly had things that bothered her.

Clearing her throat she asked, "Since you can not apparently return to your home village how would you feel about staying here in Equestria or more specifically, Ponyville?"

Though I had already made my decision I acted like I was thinking about it before I told them that I would like that.