• Published 9th Oct 2022
  • 3,063 Views, 142 Comments

My Little Ball of Fire & Vengeance - Scootaboom1

  • ...
18
 142
 3,063

Ch 4

Trixie

I cannot believe that I almost forgot about something like that.

Not using the potion every day isn't a problem but I don't want to slip up when I am so close to being done already.

I promised my uncle that I would take the calf to the Peaks of Peril and I will, eventually.

Oh well, I still have a week in this dank little town to indulge in the praise of the towns ponies.

Amber Wood

As day turned into night I laid curled up in the middle of the road.

Luckily it was not going to rain but I still would have preferred to sleep by a building but gave me an actually good reason not to.

If a building that I was sleeping next to burned down then we would both likely get in a lot of trouble.

As much as I wanted to get Trixie arrested I wanted no association with her when it happened.

Though before I knew it my quiet contemplation was interrupted by a powerful roar.

Looking in the direction of the forest I saw a massive beast, the Ursa Major.

I immediately ran into an alley way and peeked out to see what happened.

And much to my pleasure it looks like it was going to kill Trixie.

I chuckled internally at that.

The Ursa Major crushes the cart and I smile wickedly, but...

Much to my surprise a purple unicorn who fit the description of that Twilight Sparkle I heard about was actually stopping the Ursa.

This caused my jaw to drop.

I was in complete awe at the impression display of magic.

When Twilight Sparkle explained that it was actually an Ursa Minor rather than an Ursa Major.

After Trixie ran off in shame I began to head to the fractured remains of the wagon.

Twilight Sparkle

After I gave Spike and the two colts of the many residents of Ponyville tapped me on the shoulder and then pointed me to the remains of Trixie's wagon.

It took me a second to recognize that the flaming mass was some kind of creature.

The girls explained that Trixie had showed off the nirik after I had run off.

Looking back at the nirik I noticed that it was looking for something as it dug through the wreckage of the wagon.

Using a broken plank of wood it began to drag something without touching it.

Amber Wood

Digging through what remained of the wagon I eventually found what I was looking for.

It was a small wooden cylinder a few gems imbedded in it that acted like a leash keeping me bound to the wagon.

When I tried to touch it directly I felt a splitting headache.

Shaking off the dizziness I took a second to consider what to do.

Pulling a loose plank of wood from the remains of the wagon that had a pair of nails sticking out of one end.

With this I can drag it to that Twilight Sparkle pony.

She should be able to figure out what it was and have an idea of what was going on.

Twilight Sparkle

One of the ponies in the crowd asked what we should do about it.

I looked questioning at Pinkie Pie before it clicked for her, "OhwellafteryouranoffTrixiebroughtoutsomekindofcreaturecalledanirikwhichsheclaimedtohavefoundfarfromthePeaksofPerilandafterdefeatingitsheputthatnecklaceonitwhichsuppressedit'sfirecausingittoshrinkovertimeuntilitbecameit'scurrentsize.Alsoitisreallygoodattricks."

(Translation: Oh well after you ran off Trixie brought out some kind of creature called a nirik which she claimed to have found far from the Peaks of Peril and after defeating it she put that necklace on it which suppressed it's fire causing it to shrink over time until it became it's current size. Also it is really good at tricks.)

Blinking at the wall of explanation that Pinkie Pie just said to me I look back to the nirik.

Walking over to it I saw the piece of wood that it was dragging over and the necklace it was wearing, and suddenly it clicked.

Telling every pony to step back for a second I pointed my horn at the necklace and charged up.

The nirik remained still as I shattered the chain holding the necklace together.

A large burst of heat and flames raised from where the nirik stood.

I let out a small yalp as some of the hairs in my mane were slightly burned.

Before anything else could be said the nirik spoke, and in a loud rage filled voice said, "THANK YOU MISS TWILIGHT SPARKLE!"

The sheer force of the shout pushed me back onto my haunches and I know that I heard a few gasps from the crowd behind me.

But before any pony could say anything else the nirik ran off at incredible speed in the direction of the Everfree Forest.

It even left a trail of fire for a short distance.

I look back at Spike who questions if we should be more worried for the nirik or the monsters of the Everfree Forest.

Looking back and forth between Spike and direction that the nirik ran off in.

After a moment of silence I said, "I have no idea."

After another moment of silence Spike said, "Maybe we should have waited until we took her to the Peaks of Peril to break it?"

Amber Wood

I ran off and into the darkened forest.

The Everfree Forest is what they had called it, right?

When Twilight Sparkle was preparing her spell to break the necklace I saw their faces.

Most of the ponies in that crowd looked about ready to run for the hills.

Even if I revealed myself as a kirin they would only think of me as a bomb that could go off at any moment.

Trixie may have lied about a lot of things but I could see it.

The amount of non-ponies that I saw living here in Equestria...

I could count them with my hooves.

Excluding the minotaur who was more loud and proud rather than actively dangerous.

So if I wanted to be accepted by them I would have to introduce myself as just a kirin.

This means that the nirik they all knew must run off somewhere.