• Published 9th Oct 2022
  • 3,063 Views, 142 Comments

My Little Ball of Fire & Vengeance - Scootaboom1

  • ...
18
 142
 3,063

Ch 23

Amber Wood

I will admit when I heard about the Crystal Empire I did not think that it would actually be made of crystal.

I mean seriously!?

How do you build houses out of crystal!?

Sure you can use spells to fuse certain things together, but most crystal ponies are neither unicorns or pegasus so they don't have enough spell casters for that on a large scale.

Looking to Carrot Top I asked, "Do they use some kind of magical bonding agent in construction for crystal structures or did they find crystals that large?"

Carrot Top hesitated for a moment before saying, "Umm, well I'm not actually sure...

How about we see if I can find some pony who can answer your questions."

I smiled and said, "Thank you!

Hey Dinky what events do you want to watch?"

*Later*

As we left the area Dinky shouted out, "THAT! WAS! AMAZING!

Did you see how Spike jumped into the air and melt the ice cloud with his fire breath!"

I chuckled and pointed out, "Yes yes, I was in the stands right next to you, I saw it all."

Dinky didn't seem to notice my comment but that was alright.

She was happy and having fun.

I wonder if Spike is going to get a big head over this?

Carrot Top got my attention and asked, "So Amber what did you think of the games?"

Turning my head towards her and responded with a smile, "Yes I had fun. The events always seem to surprise me in some way.

Take the ice archery event.

They could just shot normal arrows at targets but instead they used ice arrows which caused the contestants to have a few different strategies."

Carrot Top seemed to smile filled with pride, "I also found some pony who could answer your question from when we arrived."

Ohh...

Right I did have some questions about construction in the Crystal Empire.

Curious I asked, "Really?

Who did you find?"

Smiling Carrot Top said, "A librarian named Amethyst Maresbury."

Well to be fair a librarian would have access to the information, but I was expecting a pony who worked in construction.

Though I suppose a librarian would be able to answer other kinds of questions too.

*On the train to Ponyville*

Sitting next to me Dinky questioned, "So if they use a potion to fuse two crystals together?"

I smiled and said, "Eeyup. Plus they have crystal farms, like the one Pinkie Pie comes from."

With a confused expression Dinky asked, "How do you even farm rocks and gem stones?"

Smiling I was happy to answer, "Well it is actually a combination of things.

For one it requires a plot of land that meets very specific conditions.

Second different rocks and gems will grow depending on top soil.

This process is sped up with the addition of magic."

Dinky was in awe of my recently obtained knowledge.

*A later day in Ponyville*

It has been about two weeks since the Equestrian Games.

The hype has since died down but and unsettling sense of foreboding had blown over Ponyville.

For the last few days travel from outside Ponyville had seemingly stopped almost entirely.

Dinky would get worried but I normally wouldn't have a problem getting her mind off it, but unfortunately an issue with that has come up.

Two days ago Derpy had gone out on a delivery to Cloudsdale but has yet to return.

That on it's own was not a problem.

Since it was actually pretty common for Derpy to get lost or go the wrong way, but this was different.

The ominous cloud which hung over Ponyville was causing her to be extra worried.

Looking out the window Dinky said with a concerned voice, "I hope Mom is okay."

Carrot Top put on a brave face and tried to comfort her, "Don't you worry now...

Your mother is one tough pegasus and I can assure you she is going to be safe...

Hey! Why don't we all get some ice cream?

You'd like that, right?"

In a disheartened voice Dinky replied in a simple, "Okay..."

Thinking about what to say I had a flash of realization, "Hey, the crusaders mentioned their sisters going to the Castle of the Two Sisters in the Everfree Forest yesterday...

Maybe I can ask them if something is up!"

Dinky raised her ears in response as if I had caught her interest.

Carrot Top was a bit more on edge, "I know that you have traveled through the Everfree Forest before, but with the current events I don't want you to go in there."

I rolled my eyes and said, "I didn't plan too.

So don't worry I'll stay out of it.

So do I meet up with you both at Sweet Treats' Ice Cream and Soda Bar?"

Carrot Top nodded and I was on my way.

*After a short walk*

Seeing Princess Twilight fly off in the direction of the Everfree Forest I could only hope that the other element bearers were where she took off from.

Fortunately they were.

And Discord was with them.

Unfortunately he betrayed them to some centaur named Tirek.

Who proceeded to betray Discord and steal his magic.

I ran of in the direction of the ice cream parlor arriving as Dinky and Carrot Top were about to enter.

I called out, "We have a problem! A big!"

They both stopped to look at me and their expressions changed into ones of fear.

I suddenly felt a shadow coming over me.

Then I saw the familiar silhouette of the centaur Tirek.

Though it felt like hours it was probably only a brief few moments.

If I turned nirik I may be able to buy them a few seconds...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

... Unfortunately I didn't have the time.

I felt the strength leave my body and a terrible ringing filled my ears.

I didn't even realize that I had even hit the ground either.

Every breath burned like fire and I felt like puking but my stomach was empty.

Every part of my body felt numb.

I tried to stand but my body refused to even move.

Am I dead?

No...

This is different...

He stole my magic...

...

...

...

Dinky...

...

...

...

Carrot Top...

...

...

...

I'm sorry...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Tirek

"Argh~! Spicy."

Oh well I cool my throat with the magic from those two before take the last of the magic from the ponies in this village.