• Published 20th May 2022
  • 999 Views, 29 Comments

Clouds - ramdom_player201



A human is teleported to Equestria and gets stuck in a cloud.

  • ...
3
 29
 999

Chapter Five

Author's Note:

I know it's been a while since my last chapter. I've been on holiday in Wales last week. I then came home to my internet not working. I won't have internet connection for a few days, but I've been able to keep working on my offline copy of the story and I can use my phone's hotspot to upload.
So now I'm back to writing this story. I have a couple of plot-points / story ideas to cover, but I don't know how much further I'll be able to take this story. I don't really have any long-term plans for it.

I take a deep breath as I trot away from the hospital. The air feels fresh and the sun shines down on me from the clear blue sky. Bringing down my head, I look at my surroundings. The hospital appears to be located on the outskirts of town. I consider making my way down the street I came in from yesterday, but decide against it. Taking a right, I take in the sights. To my left are miscallaneous buildings, most of which appear to be houses; although I do see a couple with signs or display windows. I stop momentarily to peek into one. Inside, I can see lots of strange-looking bags. They’re kind of like small backpacks, but they are all in pairs, connected by a piece of bridging fabric. I suppose ponies need different equipment to fit their bodies. I guess these would fit over their backs, like a saddle … like saddlebags.

I glance over at my own back. I wonder how they would fit on pegasi, the wings look like they’d probably get in the way. As if in response to my ponderings, my wings shift slightly, bringing their itchiness back to the forefront of my consciousness. I set off once more in an attempt to draw my attention away from my itching wings. As I walk, I take in my surroundings. The buildings mostly look quite primitive; almost medival, yet the colours seem unrealistically bright. To the right of the path, I see only trees and bushes.

Gazing up into the canopy, I watch as colourful birds flit to and thro between the branches. I stop to watch a red one that is standing on a branch beside a hole in the trunk. Despite the intense colouring, the bird doesn’t seem too different from something I’d have seen back on Earth… Earth… my family… I am distracted from my thoughts as a pair of ponies trot across my view. Shaking my head, I continue my walking.

Letting out a sign, I cast my focus into the birdsong coming from the trees and allow the relaxing melodies to watch over me. As I trot along, I continue to take in the sights. Glancing down one of the streets between the buildings, I can make out a large building that looks vaguely familiar. Ahh yes, I remember seeing that building from when I was in that cloud. It looks like that tall circular building I saw, I wonder what it’s purpose is?

Soon, I come to a slight change in scenery. Bringing down my pace, I look again to my right. I can see a wooden bench under some kind of shelter. On it are sat two ponies, I think they’re the ones who passed me earlier. One of them is a tan ‘normal’ pony with a curly blue and pink mane. She is wearing saddlebags. The other is a mint green unicorn pony with pale blue and white mane. The two are talking animatedly between each other. I’m about to move on when the tan one looks up and waves at me while the green one just keeps on talking. I give a quick wave back before refocusing my attention onwards.

Just next to the bench, the trees receed slightly to make room for bushes of flowers. I detor over to them for a closer look. Bending down, I examine a red flower, which I assume to be a rose. I’m interested by how recognisable it seems, and if I didn’t know better, I’d have thought it to be from Earth…

I am once more distracted by a sound. Next to me, there is a pony. She is pink with a green mane, and she is smelling the flowers… loudly.
“Don’t you just love the smell of fresh flowers in the morning?” she asks without looking up. Taken a bit by suprise, I’m not sure how to answer.
“Um… well I guess they do look pretty?”
“Indeed,” she responds “and who might I be addressing?”
She finally turns to face me.
“Oh right, my name’s Seth… Greenwood.”
“It’s a fine morning today isn’t it Zeph, my name is Daisy.”
“Greetings Daisy, and yes, it is a nice day today.”
“Well, I best be going then, and you really need to get that mess of a mane sorted out.”
I watch as she trots away, before pulling away from the flower bed myself and continuing my own journey.

I don’t really have a particular idea of where I’m actually going, but I suppose I’ll need to find something to do. Looking up into the near-cloudless sky, I take note of the sun’s position. It’s still mid-morning and I’ve just had breakfast, but I also don’t have any money to buy lunch when the time comes. I suppose I should really be trying to get a job. I idly wave back at a small white unicorn with a pink and purple curly mane.
She looks quite young, a child-pony. What are they called? Oh yes, a foal, or I guess filly since she looks to be female. I watch as she runs off into a strange looking building round building.

Ah yes, I need to find a job. I glance down another street, once again spotting the large round building. Maybe I’ll have a better chance further in town, I could start with the important looking building. I turn into the street and make my way down towards it.


I gaze up in awe at the building. I didn’t realise just how big it was before, but standing up close, it feels absolutely massive. Glancing around, I spy a wooden board setup just outside the entrance, I make my way over to it. It is covered in lots of pieces of paper tacked to it’s cork surface. Unfortunately, I realise that I can’t read any of it. I’m not really sure what I should do next.

“Oh there you are darling!”
Recognising the voice, I turn my head to see a familiar white unicorn making her way towards me.
“I’ve been looking for you, and it seems I’m not a moment too soon, just look at your mane! You simply must come back with me so I can get it fixed up.”
I turn from the board and trot over to meet her. Upon approaching her, she turns and begins making her way back up the street from where I just came.
“I don’t believe I caught your name before dear,” she says, twisting her neck to face me.
“It’s Seth Greenwood, miss Rarity.”
“Please, just call me Rarity.”
I nod and she turns back to face forwards.

We walk in silence for a bit until we come to the strange round building from earlier.
“Welcome, Sphz… Zeth, to my home and business; Carousel Boutique.
The door handle is enveloped in a blue glow, before twisting itself and pulling the door open and causing a bell inside to tinkle. I freeze momentarily, in surprise from the display before shaking my head and quickly stepping inside after Rarity.

The building’s interior is just as lavishly decorated inside as it was out. Dotted around the room are a number of pony mannequins, dressed in an assortment of fancy clothes. Rarity leads me over to podium surrounded by mirrors which, upon prompting, clamber clumsily ontop of. I try not to flinch when the mane hanging in the corner of my vision suddenly begins to glow blue. It’s just like back in the hospital, so ponies can do magic?

I glance back at Rarity and notice that her horn is also enveloped in the same blue aura. I guess it must have something to do with the horn, so can only the unicorns use magic like that? The pegasi have wings, and as I experienced before, can stand on clouds. So what can the ponies with neither do? And I’ve not seen any ponies with both, I wonder if those are a thing here. What was it called… a pegacorn?

I turn my attention to one of the mirrors and watch in wonder as a brush floats towards it. It is followed by another brush, and then another… Unfortunately, I don’t see the spray bottle floating in from ahead. My unpreparedness leads to a bout of coughing when I accidentally inhale the vapour. This is quickly followed by a sharp tugging in my mane pulling my head back as the brushes into the tangled mess.

“Goodness, I’m so sorry about that Zephyr, are you okay?”
“No worries, I’m-” I cough “-fine.”
“Do try to keep your mouth closed this time… my, I’ve never seen a mane this badly tangled.”

We remain in silence as Rarity continues to work on my mane. It’s takes only a few minutes for my mane to become somewhat presentable… and quite a few brushes.
Rarity breaks the silence, “and now for the finishing touches! Zeph dear, how would you like your mane styled?”
“Really Rarity, I’ve think you’ve done enough as it is.”
“Nonsense darling! Oh I know just the thing!”

I watch idly as she floats in more hair styling equipment to work on my mane, as well as bringing more attention to my tail.
“Zephyr, you’re wings really don’t look too great. I know you’ve suffered a crash, but I can’t think it to be healthy to leave your wings looking like that. Unfortunately, I’m not a pegasus myself and there’s not really anything I can do for them. I think I shall bring you to see Fluttershy after this, I’m certain she’ll be able to help.

After examining my now pristine mane in the mirror, I hope down from the podium and follow Rarity to the door. Before we reach the exit however, the filly from earlier rushes out from a door in the back. She stops suddenly half-way across the room as she notices us. After scanning her eyes over me, she gasps, before quickly rushing outside, tinkling the doorbell in the process.

“Who was that?” I ask Rarity.
“Oh that was just my little sister Sweetie Belle,” she responds, before muttering to herself. “I’ll have to teach her some manners, not saying hello to our guests.”
“Come along and I’ll introduce you to my friend Fluttershy, I’m sure she’ll be able to help you.”

Comments ( 11 )

Mmm… something is up with SweetieBell :trixieshiftright: plot twist she is either a human or freaks out with the concept of not getting a cutie mark when she becomes adult.

Edit: Forgot to ask where does this take place?

11325528
Sweetie Bell may have just seen a pony without a cutie mark and may be heading to the CMC clubhouse to host a meeting?

Also, about where this takes place: Ponyville, Equestria.
Unless you meant when? Then the answer is: I have absolutely no idea. I'm just making stuff up as I go along.

11325531

Sounds a bit like it’s either before canon or after season 4 since the first chapter he sees a big tree but never implies it being crystal so it could very well be the old tree library

11325535
Thank you, I'd forgotten about that. In that case, that was the Golden Oaks library, therefore pre-Tirek. It's likely that this will be set post-Twilight-ascension in which Twilight could be an alicorn at the time.

I'm sure Fluttershy will work things out with Seth.

Ah yes, I need to find a job. I glance down another street, once again spotting the large round building. Maybe I’ll have a better chance further in town, I could start with the important looking building. I turn into the street and make my way down towards it.

You have so many more problems that need immediate attention than a job…

It's been a while, maybe I'll have enough inspiration to update this soon...

Fluttershy helping him out with his wings just seems like it's going to be really awkward. I'd actually expect Dash to help him with his wings first. Dash also seems to have paid for his stay at the clinic, short of we have the ultimate medical care where Princess Celestia pays for everything.

I also feel like Dash already has enough information to realize that there is something not quite right about him.

11405450
I live in the UK, so free medical care isn't a foreign concept for me. I will be going with the same concept for Equestria where medical stuff will be government funded. In terms of the other point you mentioned. I might rethink how the story will progress when I reread it for continuation.

11405505
Ya, I live in the US where just going to urgent care can bankrupt a person. The idea that someone can just walk into a medical facility and everything is taken care of is truly an alien concept to me.

Dang it I was invited in the story, also is the Character a Mare or Stallion?

Also how would they Learn how to Grabed stuff, like will they lie and said that they have a Condition so they won't be able to Grab Stuff like other Ponies & have to use their Mouth all the time?

And OH how many Characters noticed that they don't have a Cutie Mark?
Will they also lie and said that they have an Condition that prevents them from getting a Cutie Mark?

Login or register to comment