• Published 20th May 2022
  • 999 Views, 29 Comments

Clouds - ramdom_player201



A human is teleported to Equestria and gets stuck in a cloud.

  • ...
3
 29
 999

Chapter Two

Author's Note:

After publishing Chapter One, I was honestly a little scared to go back to this story. Then I had exams. After rereading the first chapter, I regained my confidence in the story and decided to make a new chapter.

“You’re kidding!” Rainbow exclaims. “How did you even get up here if you didn’t know how to fly?”
“I just told you… I d-don’t know how I got here.” I respond.
The cyan pegasus just stares back in confusion for a moment, before falling on her back and laughing. I stumble backwards slightly. That is a mistake. The edge of the cloud begins to deform under my weight and I feel myself slipping backwards. My back legs slip out from under me and I slide backwards off the edge of the cloud.

The wind rushes past me as I find myself falling once again. I watch as the cloud shrinks away from me. I can feel the air tugging uncomfortably on my wings, pulling them in a way I’m not sure they’re meant to go. My hair and tail trail behind me. Overall, the fall feels longer than before, but luckily there was another cloud below. I land on my back, wings splayed out flat either side of me.

I lay there breathing for a moment as I try to calm myself. After a few moments, I realise I don’t particularly want to be seen in this position. I try to roll over sideways, but my wings remain stiffly extended at my sides, I can’t get them to retract. Instead, I try rocking myself back and forth. The cloud begins to rock too. But then it rocks too far and I begin to slip off. I tumble forwards and close my eyes as I slip back into the air. Except this time, I find that the wind doesn’t rush past me.

I open my eyes and find myself suspended in the air, the town directly below me, and much closer. I look across at my outstretched wings, but this causes me to lose my balance and pitch forwards. I soon find myself in a steep dive, picking up speed. I close my eyes as I try to regain control. I successfully pull out of the dive, but only for a moment before I crash painfully.

I just lie there for a moment. My whole body aches. After a few seconds, I open my eyes; it appears that I am in a bush. I hear a soft thud from somewhere behind me.
“Hey, you okay there? That looked like a nasty crash.”
I recognise the voice from the blue horse creature
“Uhh… I think so,” I groan as I carefully pull my legs out from under me and pick myself up. For the most part, my body doesn’t seem badly injured, which is kinda surprising. I step out from the bush, broken sticks tugging painfully against my wings.

I look around me, I appear to have crashed into some bushes just outside of a building that looks like… gingerbread? My ears swivel towards a sound on my left, my head follows. I watch as more colourful horse things rush out, I guess they must have heard me crash. The white one seems to notice me first and rushes over.
“Oh my, what in Equestria happened to you?” she questions in a posh-sounding voice.

Before I can even begin to contemplate an answer, the pink one is up in my face.
“Ooo, a new pony, welcome to Ponyville new pony whom I don’t yet know the name of! I’m Pinkie Pie! What’s your name? Ahh, I need to get planning for your welcome to Ponyville party! Also, good luck with your wings, they look terrible!” And then she was gone just as quickly as she appeared. By this time, the other ponies had reached me.

The white one spoke again. “Oh, don’t mind Pinkie. She can get a bit…excitable…when a new pony’s in town. Anyhow, as I was saying before I was interrupted… What in Equestria happened to you?”
I glance sideways at my still outstretched wing, the feathers are a mess and there’s even a couple stray twigs in there.
“I crashed into a bush,” I state.

The orange one steps forwards. “Howdy, ah’m Applejack. D’you need that wing looking at? You really should stop by the Ponyville hospital and get that wing checked out. Ah’m no expert, but that doesn’t look healthy.”
I gently prod at my wing, it hurts. “I suppose I’ll go and get it looked at, which way is the Ponyville Hospital though?”
Applejack points her hoof down one of the streets.
“Jus’ follow that there street to the edge of town, you can’t miss it.”
I thank her and carefully turn my body in the direction she indicates.

The white one steps ahead of me.
“Oh, before you go, my name’s Rarity. You really must come stop by my boutique later so I can get that mane of yours fixed up.”
I reach up into my mane, it’s also covered in broken sticks.
“Ok, thanks, I’ll make sure to stop by I guess.”

Rainbow comes up to me.
“Hey. Mind if I walk with you to the hospital?
“Sure I guess.”
We walk in silence through the town. I take the opportunity to look around at the numerous buildings on either side. They look a bit mediaeval, except that they’re painted with much brighter colours and… Are those decorated with hearts?

We pass a few other ponies as we walk. They’re all in different colours, and I notice that they appear to come in slightly different species too. Some of them have horns on their head, which I guess make them unicorns. And the ones with wings, like me and Dash, are pegasi. But there’s also some with neither, I wonder what they call themselves? Normal ponies? But they wouldn’t be considered normal since there’s just as many as the other species. A few of the ponies glance curiously across at us, or I guess me; I must really look a mess.

Rainbow eventually speaks up.
“Hey, I’m sorry that I laughed at you earlier. I mean, a pegasus who can’t fly, who’s heard of such a thing… Well, now you’ve gone and gotten yourself injured… and I guess I’m feeling a little guilty about that.”
I respond quickly so I don’t give her a chance to continue.
“It’s fine Rainbow, I’m still alive aren’t I? Don’t get yourself worked up over it.”

I notice a large building on our right, I wouldn’t have been able to tell it to be the hospital, if it weren’t for the large sign outside with a big cross on it: the seemingly universal sign of a hospital. Except this cross also has hearts surrounding it.
“Looks like we’re here,” Rainbow exclaims as she steers me in that direction.
As we step up towards the door, I realise that my wings are still extended. I concentrate and try to make them retract. They begin to fold, but the tangled mess of sticks and feathers prevents them, and just causes me to cry out in pain.

“You okay? Right, you’re wings… just keep them open for now.”
Rainbow steps behind me to give me room while I sidestep diagonally in through the front entrance. Inside is a small waiting room and reception deck. A white pony with pink mane and a hat decorated with a red cross is stationed there, talking to what looks like a male pony. She then passes a paper bag over the counter. No longer distracted, she notices me and her eyes widen. She quickly rushes out from behind the desk.
“Oh my, what happened to your wings sir? That looks quite serious, follow me please!” She turns and hurries to a door on the side of the room. She stops at the door and turns back to me. I stumble forwards to follow, Rainbow following just behind.