• Published 7th Mar 2022
  • 933 Views, 61 Comments

Revival of Tambelon - Kaliber



Tambelon Ancient Dark City Grogar's Stronghold formerly the Capital of Equestria Now Locked in the Dark Dimension but its inhabitants are waiting for the day when they can return to Equestria!.

  • ...
8
 61
 933

chapter 2 new world

The magical effects of teleporting through Interdimensional Subspace had already evaporated. But at the same time, rain clouds formed in the sky, since such teleportation cannot pass without an effect on nature.

These were the first difficulties on the path of Cozy Glow, and she understood it perfectly, because this anomaly would most likely attract the attention of everyone who lived in the area.

Despite the fact that it was a hot summer, Cozy Glow felt frozen inside. But it was a temporary phenomenon, after passing through the spatial portal. However, it still made this poor filly squat down and tremble, rubbing her body with her hooves.

While her teeth were beating a drum roll, Cozy did not forget to constantly look around. She clearly didn’t need surprises, though she could still show her true face and talents in front of possible danger.

Bray had done a good job of training this filly to be an excellent spy or agent for a special task. Her young age could be used as a great weapon, and Bray saw this as a great opportunity.

No pony would be able to guess that there was something in Cozy that could make an indelible impression. But who was hiding behind this mask? Cozy Glow hoped that no one would find out her secret.

Suddenly, lightning flashed in the sky and soon, deafening thunder sounded. Cozy took off and was able to see in the distance a large orchard of fruit trees, and what resembles a barn and a farm. But something else caught her attention, and it was a great reason to get out of this place as quickly as possible to not arouse suspicion.

She remembered that she was a stranger in this country, and she should not attract much attention to her person. She needed a clear plan. And there was no doubt that this filly was smart, resourceful, cunning, and just a cute little pony.

Well, good luck to you, Cozy Glow, on your difficult path to your cherished goal.


Cozy Glow POV.


In the distance, silhouettes of several pegasi appeared in the sky, in a hurry to figure out the reasons for the sudden change in the weather, and this gave me a lot to think about. Only, I couldn’t stay in this place for too long.

I decided to run in the direction of the farm itself, so that it would be possible to find shelter and somepony who could help me. I had to abandon flight so these pegasi wouldn’t notice me and decided to hide in the bushes. But what I saw afterward certainly shocked me: Rain. This was something I could only read about in the old books that Master Bray showed me.

When the first drops fell on my body, at first I was scared, but after a few seconds, I must admit: it was very pleasant. And in general, this whole view with a lot of green shades from the local fauna was unusual.

There was a noticeable ripple in my eyes, and I started to feel as though I had been born and until that moment had lived in a terrible prison of convicts. Now, I was free.

While my hooves slid on the formed mud, which scattered in several directions, I did not forget to look around. My heartbeat sped up along with my hooves.

Was I afraid at that moment? I have to admit that I was. Yes, I was afraid… afraid of everything that could be waiting for me in this world, and interfering with the fulfillment of my main mission.

“Hmm... It looks like I'm not far from some kind of shelter. But I definitely need to hide! It looks like some pegasi are flying here, and they are most likely locals. They probably realize that something’s going on here. A lone filly can attract a lot of attention,” I said to myself, and shaking off all the moisture from my wings and wet mane, I ran toward the fruit farm.

My whole body got wet as the rain was flying into my face and slightly open mouth, thereby giving me not only cheerfulness, but also slightly quenching my thirst after teleporting. And that was good news. but there was also bad news, which was that my hairstyle started to deteriorate, and some curls from my mane stuck to my face. My saddlebag was also soaked, although it was made of good and durable material.

When I reached the fruit farm, I jumped over a wooden fence and hid under the foliage of the largest tree. Gradually, I felt a slight tremor in my body as I pressed my back against the tree. However, when I looked around, I couldn't contain myself.

My eyes widened when I realized that I might have come to some heavenly place. And there really were many reasons for this. “There are so many apples here!” I said in an enthusiastic voice, and not paying attention to the intensifying rain, I couldn’t resist picking up some ripe fruits and putting them in my saddlebag. “Heh! I hope the owners won't mind it, and won't consider me a thief.”

Before I could put a few apples in my bag, thunder sounded again, from which I was very scared and flew up into the branches, and wrapped my hooves around them.

At that moment my body was shaking with fear, and my teeth were beating out a drum roll again. The saddlebag fell and a couple of apples rolled out of it.

"Darn it!" I whispered, and through the wet foliage I could see two ponies running through the trees somewhere in the distance.

One pony was a light beige shade, with a blond mane and tail. And it looked like it was a mare. At the same time, she had some kind of funny hat on her head. The other pony was a filly, dark yellow in color, with a red mane and tail, wearing a light-violet bow.

They were in such a hurry, constantly maneuvering between the trees to apparently hide from the rain, that I even heard a few curses from the very mare in the hat.

“A curse on our poor heads! What the heck and rotten apples are going on today!?” This mare shouted as she jumped over several branches of a fallen, withered tree.

“Ah… I don't know, Sis! Rain was definitely not planned today! Did you see a strange glow near the forest? Maybe it has something to do with the downpour? Wait for me, you shouldn't rush so much because of some rain, as if your croup was stung by a wasp!” shouted a young filly, apparently catching up with her sister or some relative.

Maybe these ponies could help me? Otherwise, I felt as uncomfortable as possible. Judging by the Cutie Mark in the form of three apples that I saw on this pony, I was able to understand that she was most likely the owner of this apple farm.

But as soon as I began to think over my future plan, something happened that eventually affected my fate in an unpredictable way…

"AAAY!" I shouted when lightning struck the tree, and the very branch to which I was clinging like a saving pole, broke in an instant and fell, dragging me to the ground.

I wasn't ready for this turn of events, and my hooves reflexively held onto this branch, so I couldn't react quickly. I fell and hit hard on the dirty ground… and lost consciousness.

Gradually, my consciousness returned, and I felt that I was lying on something soft, and noticed I was wearing a blanket. A slight pain in my temples and hooves was still present, but at first I was afraid to open my eyes to see what could possibly be my problem.

It seemed that this fall did not come easily for me. I felt pain and my body was shaking slightly. Perhaps it was because of the unusual weather, and the fact that my body was drenched in rainwater. However, I was not a prisoner, and I feel that those who had found me were trying to take care of me.

My breathing returned to normal, and I decided to open my eyes to understand where I was, and who I would have to thank for such generous care. I felt that I was not alone, and someone's breath was blowing on my face.

When I opened my eyes, I immediately began to analyze the situation, as my brain began to gradually get involved in the work, as well as my other instincts.

I was in some room, on a fully comfortable bed. It looked like it was late in the evening, and this room was lit by several lighted candles. But most importantly, the same filly with a bow on her mane was squatting next to my bed.

She was sitting with her eyes closed, and could not see that I had already come to my senses and was looking at her. Her lips moved slowly, as if she was saying some kind of spell or prayer, and in her quiet whisper, I distinctly heard the name, “Princess Celestia.”

I shuddered slightly when I noticed a tear on the cheek of this filly. Her words sounded as if she was begging that her gracious Princess Celestia would not leave everyone in these troubles, and help with her blessed wing so that my health would recover.

I felt that she had care and a lot of kindness in her heart. And this is what started to cause another fever syndrome in me. I hadn’t been used to someone taking care of someone so unfamiliar. And that stranger—the uninvited guest—was me.

I felt a lump rise in my throat, and from this I coughed slightly. “Kha! Kha!” I cleared my throat and threw the blanket off my body, because I was hot from the outside, and yet still cold from the inside.

The filly immediately opened her eyes and looked at me as if a great miracle had happened in front of her, for which she had asked so hard. “Thank Celestia, you've finally woken up!” this good-natured filly said in an enthusiastic voice, and with her tail she put her hooves on the edge of the bed. At the same time, she was clearly happy… but her eyes were still glistening with moisture.

The lighting from several candles on the bedside table reflected on the face of this filly, but her sincerity in her delight for my health caused me incomprehensible feelings.

I should have been myself in any situation, but right now I felt something so far away from me. Sincere care and good nature—all this, I’d lacked throughout my fillyhood. But that's something I don't want to remember right now.

I removed a strand of mane from my face, which was stuck because of sweat, and tried to smile sweetly. Although, I still felt some pain in my body.

“Yeah… I… um…” I couldn't get my head around how I could start talking to a pony that lived in this world. But putting my doubts aside, and remembering all my lessons with my teacher, Master Bray, I immediately felt more fulfilled.

The filly stopped smiling and wanted to say something, but I immediately interrupted her: “It's okay… I… YES! I'm just really worried. What happened to me? And where am I now?” I decided to ask quite logical questions, but at the same time, I started smoothly falling into the role of an accident victim.

That was my trump card. I'm a tactician, and a good actor. That's why Master Bray saw great potential in me. And now, I must not let down my teacher, and myself, as well as pride in my talents.

The filly recoiled from the bed and immediately ran to the door with cheerful exclamations: “She's awake!”

But she didn't have time to reach the door, because I decided to stop her.

“Wait!” I said with some reproach in my voice as I made a painful grimace on my face; the pain in my temples intensified from the increased noise that this happy filly was making.

The filly stopped at the door and looked at me guiltily with a large smile on her face.

“Oh… I'm… I'm just so happy that you've finally come to your senses… and we can talk to you about a lot of things. I've never even seen you in Ponyville! Did you come to visit someone, or did you…”

I overcame all my pain and jumped on my hooves to try to calm this overexcited mare. “STOP! Aah.” I couldn't help myself and rubbed my head with my hoof, as the sharp pain immediately reminded me of the fall. “Ugh, my head,” I groaned painfully. As I opened my eyes again, I saw the filly squatting shamefacedly.

The filly nodded her head knowingly. “Sorry. I’ll speak a bit quieter, and I won’t hurt your he…” When she saw my approving smile, she continued: “I’m sorry, please. Sometimes I get a bit loud when I’m excited."

She shamefacedly rubbed the floor with her hoof, but still looked at me curiously, smiling shyly. “I'm Applebloom. What's your name?”

I looked into Applebloom's eyes, and realized that I might owe her a life debt. “My name is Cozy Glow,” I answered, and overcoming the pain in my head, smiled sweetly.

As I pressed my back against the wall of the bed, I felt thirsty. But I didn't have time to say anything, because this filly showed her happiness again. She jumped onto the bed, and putting her hooves on the sheet, immediately smiled as if it was her cherished dream. She just wanted to be a friendly and nice host—I could already tell by her behavior.

Applebloom carefully stretched out her hoof to me, all the while looking at me with some hope. “It's a pleasure to meet ya, Cozy Glow. I hope you’ll be able to appreciate the hospitality of the Apple family.” She took a deep breath, looking at me with an unexpectedly serious look. “And I hope you can tell us everythin’. My older sister and my older brother, and of course, my grandmother, are very worried. You—

Yes, I did not let her finish this lengthy speech, which is why she began to show her emotions again, light tears and a loud voice expressing concern. I just put my right hoof on her lips.

“Calm down, Applebloom. Just don’t worry about me so much. I'm fine, thanks to you…and so I understand…”

Applebloom carefully removed my hoof, preserving her benevolence and smiling cheerfully. “Yes! I was the one who found you! I heard thunder and lightnin’. Some of ‘em hit our apple trees. I heard you scream, and immediately turned around, even though me and Applejack were already runnin’ to the house! But, how—and why—did you end up in this place?”

It seemed that Applebloom was my age, asking quite logical questions. I looked at her questioningly. “I'm sorry—” But I didn't have time to finish.

I was startled when I heard the sound of hoofsteps coming from outside the door.

Author's Note:

after a long absence returned the next chapter will be released in the coming days write your comments it is very important

Comments ( 14 )

11326379

Dang! Nice tragic origins. How would the Mane Six feel when they learn the tragic truth of both villains?

What will be shown next?

11327525
a lot of interesting things I'll try to post chapter 3 tomorrow

For a while I have been wondering about Cozy Glow's origin story. I tried finding one on the site, but I couldn't. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but who knows. This one seems it might be what I have been searching for. I like it so far and I guess we shall see how it goes on.
It seems it might be e bit different then in the show. Mainly because Main 6 are in the tags and yet not a single CMC is tagged.

11335749

why shouldn't the cozy glow be surprised by the pony's lifestyle since she's never been to Equestria does she know what friendship is?

Maybe Cozy didn't know the type of friendship that developed in Twilight's time but are you going to say that there was no friendship at all in Grogar's times? Sure, pony tribes had their differences but all the information in the show and comics suggest they hardly were "primitive, selfish brutes with no class".

Again, the whole idea of Cozy Glow being from Tambelon appealed to me because it would explain why Cozy has such a twisted understanding of friendship. In your story, however, there is no indication that Cozy or Bray view the world only as a source of resources and power - the view that Cozy demonstrated in the "School Raize".

11335954
Perhaps Cozy Glow was taught this by Bray so he could turn the ponies into the villains of the story.

11345678
Well, that's kinda the problem - Cozy in the first chapter isn't shown as someone who has been taught to be a cold, manipulative power-grabber. She is just too amazed at Equestria's wonders. She reminds me here more of She-Ra or some other character that is going to defect to the forces of good.

Also, again, I don't see the point of Bray's character - he could just be Grogar himself and nothing would change in the story.

11350102
Hey, I’m just the co-author. If you really want to know the answer to that, ask the creator.

Interesting so far.

I also like the pictures.

“I'm Applebloom. What's your name?”

And so enters sweetest filly.

11350102
Maybe it's like the Onceler where he was moved to wonder by the lorax trees, but still exploited them for his own gain.

Or maybe there's a tramatic event that would turn her evil later on down the road. We'll have to wait and see.

I like this story very much. I love the concept because I've always like the lore behind Tambelon from Generation One. Keep up the good work with your story. I look forward to reading more.

Is there any hope for a sequel?

Just want to say loving this fic and eager to see where it goes.

Login or register to comment