• Published 7th Mar 2022
  • 933 Views, 61 Comments

Revival of Tambelon - Kaliber



Tambelon Ancient Dark City Grogar's Stronghold formerly the Capital of Equestria Now Locked in the Dark Dimension but its inhabitants are waiting for the day when they can return to Equestria!.

  • ...
8
 61
 933

Prologue

The great city of Tambelon stands dormant, forever watching over the desolate landscape. It is carved and melted down from the highest peak of the mountain with long-lost magic. What was once a radiant, prosperous city is now a nightmarish reflection of its former glory. Ugly and crooked, its towers stand like spears—piercing the heavens above. Its entrance is jagged, like a gaping maw, ready to swallow all who dare to enter the nightmarish city that it guards. Gigantic windowless openings, like dead eyes looking outward at the corrupted and poisoned lands, pierce its outer shell.

This is Emperor Grogar's stronghold. Built in ancient times, it was where Grogar ruled his glorious empire from his thorny chamber in the highest chamber of the Celestial Spike, the tallest tower in Tambelon.

Yet Tambelon is much more than what the eye can see. Its chambers and tunnels run deep, deep, into the flesh of the world. Giant halls and dungeons made of fire, ice and black obsidian are hidden from view. Columns and columns fade into darkness, towards the invisible domed ceilings of the crypts and chambers which Grogar’s armies once called home. Furnaces and forges, heated by the blood of the earth itself, are found in every corner. And down here, in the lowest halls at the bones of the earth, Grogar used forgotten magic and occult rituals to bring new creatures into the world—monsters—and released them to wreak havoc among his enemies.

When Grogar was defeated by the pony tribes, much of Tambelon was sent to the Dark Dimension, along with many of its inhabitants. And everything that wasn’t banished, the remaining underground fortress and its ruins, collapsed and buried its remaining inhabitants. But not all of the tunnels and halls have disappeared… some remain; untouched, undiscovered. We do not know what else can lurk in the bowels of Tambelon to this day, waiting for the return and the call of its Master.

Bray, a loyal companion of Grogar, became the Ruler of Tambelon after its unfortunate banishment. He had been searching for a way to free Tambelon for a long time, and finally, after centuries, he had found an Artifact that could help him send one Tambelonian to Equestria in order to find a way to free the once-proud city.

He stands at the window of the Celestial Spike and wonders if he should send his apprentice Cozy Glow to Equestria all alone. Would it be wiser to travel there himself? Would Cozy manage to cope with such a difficult task or would she ultimately fail the mission? Despite his worries, Bray has no doubt that Cozy was the best of his students. Although she is a Pegasus, she has a special ability to channel the power of magical artifacts, but then again, if she were to fail her mission, then the inhabitants of Tambelon would be doomed to eternal imprisonment in the Dark Dimension.

Every day, Bray looks back on his life before he became Grogar’s Loyal Number Two. Once upon a time, he was not a powerful magician, but rather an ordinary donkey without magic, who earned his living working as a jester on holidays for rich ponies.

He remembers how much contempt he felt for those miserable equines! He thought it was unfair that other creatures didn't have magic, yet they did—it fueled his hatred for all ponies.

But after the defeat of Grogar, when the army of Gusty the Great surrounded the city, he could have escaped and left behind the thousands of ponies that were held captive in the city, yet he decided to go with them to the Dark Dimension out of pity! And after so many years, his attitude towards them has improved… just a little.

Now they served him and Tambelon faithfully! He is especially fond of Cozy Glow, in whom he sees the Savior of Tambelon!

In his days of reminiscence, he remembered the day he joined Grogar and began to serve him; he never regretted his choice. Thanks to Grogar, he received magic, power, wealth, and everything he had only dreamed of!

Grogar was a powerful dark mage—a necromancer—who created monsters with the help of dark magic, and he captured a small town which was to soon become his capital city: Tambelon itself. Tribes of different creatures obeyed him, and he ruled with an iron hoof until his subjects started rebellion under the self-righteous Gusty the Great.

In its glory days, Tambelon was inhabited by many creatures: Troggles, Minotaurs, Arimaspis, Wyverns, Ophiotauri, Centaurs, Gargoyles, Ponies, Dragons, etc. All of them served for the good of Tambelon! Some were blacksmiths and artisans, while others were warriors and even generals!

The city was gargantuan; it was surrounded by a large stone wall and multiple watchtowers. Grogar's Palace and the Senate Building towered in the center of the city. Also in the city was a large library, where many books and scrolls were stored. Metals and precious stones were mined in the dungeons. Grain was grown as well in the surrounding farmland, but was not enough for the inhabitants; they were malnourished. There was also an observatory and schools in the city, in which the young Tambelonians studied magic and numerous other subjects.

Bray had always remembered when he last saw Grogar alive. That day, Grogar instructed him to send Tambelon to the Dark Dimension in the chance that his Bewitching Bell—a talisman of immense power—was lost. Bray did so, but at a cost—without his Bewitching Bell, Grogar was petrified in stone. How would he regain the Bell and free his master, he thought. He knew he would have to find out. Bray knew that Grogar would be free once more! And he was anticipating his return!

But even more than this, he is worried about Cozy Glow, and her difficult task on which the fate of every Tambelonian depends. It is only due to the fact that the miners stumbled upon a treasure trove in the dungeon which contained many artifacts that belonged to Grogar that he is even able to send her on this mission. The clever emperor ensured that these artifacts were hidden in the dungeon in case the city fell, so that they would not fall into the hooves of Tambelon's enemies. Among them were the Rainbow of Darkness; with the help of this artifact, Grogar created various monsters, and the Crystal Ball, which allowed him to observe his creations. There are numerous artifacts, but there is not the one Bray was searching for: The Bell.

The Bell cannot be destroyed, so the ponies had most likely hidden it in a hard-to-reach place. He has yet to find out exactly where, but he is close; with the help of the Bell he can free Grogar and take over Equestria once more!

He is ever so close to resurrecting the Empire of Tambelon, but it all depends on Cozy Glow and her task, for even one small mistake would seal the fates of Tambelon and everyone in it.


Bray moved away from the window when he heard a knock on the door. “Enter,” he commanded.

Instantly, the door opened and Cozy Glow entered the room. She was wearing a black cloak with the symbol of Tambelon on its side. She had a curly blue mane and tail, with bows on almost every curl. She approached Bray and bowed to him.

''As I am sure you are aware, I am sending you to Equestria to find the Bewitching Bell and then return it here, to me.''

''Yes, Master Bray. I won't let you down,'' Cozy assured confidently.

''You are to gain their trust and then steal the magical artifacts required for the Ritual of Attrition.
Drain the magic of the Equestrians and send it here, do you understand?”

Cozy smiled at him. “Alright, Master. I will take their magic so we can be free! We will take our revenge on Equestria for imprisoning our glorious city.”

Bray chuckled. “Well, in that case, let's not delay. Have you packed your things?”

“Yes, everything I need!”

Bray used an Amulet which he received from the miners to open a portal in the middle of the room.

Cozy placed her bags on both sides of her cloak and walked up to Bray, hugging him. “I will not let you down,” she said.


“See to it that you don’t.” He frowned when he saw the portal slowly shrinking. “The portal is closing! Go!”

Nodding, Cozy Glow quickly ran for the portal before jumping through it. Staring at the location from which she jumped, he frowned. “Complete this mission, Cozy Glow,” he whispered under his breath, “for the fate of our very society depends on it.”

Author's Note:

This is the first fanfic written by me! This Prololschschschschschschschschschschschschschg wrote with great difficulty! But unfortunately I can’t write this Story alone! But if you liked My Idea, then you can become my Co-Author! .