• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,133 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
5
 413
 1,133

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

“You two are sure you don’t want your own rooms?” Sparkler asked Light and Dark.

“Nah. We’re good.” Light responded.

“We’ve been sharing a room for the last five years. No reason to stop now.” Dark reasoned.

“Alright. If you say so.” Twilight said. She and Sparkler kissed the both of them on the forehead. “Have a good first night in the castle.” Twilight said.

“I still can’t believe we’re literally princes now.” Dark commented.

“Yeah. Before we were just some small town colts living in a lonely world. Look at us now. About to spend our first night in a castle.” Light responded.

🎶You took the time portal going anywhere🎶 Sparkler sang.

🎶A pair of colts with a unique appearance🎶 Dark said.

🎶complimenting each other’s styles🎶 Twilight sang.

🎶For a smile they can share the night, it goes on and on and on and on.🎶 Light finished.

All four of them chuckled at their little impromptu song snippet. “That was fun.” Dark said.

“Yeah.” Sparkler responded. “Oh, tomorrow I need to show you guys the music video our friends across time sent to my phone.” She said. “Twilight it was amazing. The kids did a performance of Don’t Stop Believin.” She said.

“Shut up.” Twilight responded. “That’s sweet!”

“Yeah!” Light said. “Dark and I were trumpeters.”

“I can’t wait to see you in action.” Twilight said.

Sparkler and Twilight said one more good night to their sons and left them alone in their new room. After which they proceeded to their room. “I am SO excited to finally sleep in my own bed again.” Sparkler commented. “And it’ll feel even better with you there my lovely future Mrs. Twilight Sparkle.” She said, prancing in place.

Twilight chuckled and nuzzled her fiancée’s cheek. “Actually, I think Twilight Sparkle Medley would be my full name now.” She said.

“You want to take on my name?” Sparkler asked.

“Well you can’t really take on my name. Sparkling Sparkle sounds…not great.” Twilight reasoned. “In fact, I think our last name should be Medley-Sparkle. Twilight Medley Sparkle, and Sparkling Medley Sparkle. Yeah. That sounds a lot better than Sparkling Sparkle Medley.”

Sparkler laughed. She loved her favorite egghead getting like this. “We have time to talk about last names sweetums. We don’t need to decide anything right away.” She said as she returned the nuzzle.

“I am going to cuddle you so hard tonight. It’ll be the best cuddle you’ve ever had.” Twilight declared.

“Looking forward to it.” Sparkler responded. “But I was wanting to cuddle you.”

“Tomorrow night sweetie.” Twilight responded. “Right now, you’re two months behind on your Twilight cuddles and I want to get you caught up on those.”

“Wait, I have an actual QUOTA for those?” Sparkler asked with a chuckle.

“A cuddle a day keeps the glooms away.” Twilight responded.

“Fair enough.” Sparkler responded.

They got into bed and true to her word, Twilight immediately started spooning Sparkler. Holding her tight, but lovingly.

And so they drifted off to sleep together.


Hours into the night. Sparkler’s smiled had turned into a frown as her dream started to change. She writhed in the bed. “Nngh. Twilight…” She whispered. “No, Twilight, please.” She said. She shook her head. “No. Twilight!” That did it. She bolted upright, wide awake. She panted as she looked around the dark room. Fear in her eyes.

“Sparkler?” Asked the groggy voice of Twilight.

Sparkler whirled around and saw Twilight sit up, and she had a tired, and confused expression on her face. Sparkler began to cry and wrapped Twilight up in a tight hug. “Oh thank Faust you’re ok Twilight! I thought I’d lost you!” She exclaimed. Bawling her eyes out.

Ok, now Twilight was confused to heck and back. Did Sparkler have a nightmare? “Sparkler? Are you OK?” She asked. “I’m right here. It’s ok.” She said.

Sparkler glanced up at Twilight, saw her smile, and it was as if that knocked her back to her senses. Sparkler sniffled, let go of Twilight, and wiped her eyes dry. “S-sorry.” She said shakily, realizing that she had a nightmare. “I woke you up didn’t I.” She said.

Twilight nodded. “Did you have a bad dream?” She asked.

Sparkler sighed. “Yeah.” She shivered. “A hold over from my time in the future.” She said.

“Wanna talk about it?” Twilight asked. “It must’ve been bad for you to have the reaction you just did.” She said.

Sparkler bit her lip, debating on what to do. It shouldn’t be too bad right? I mean that future isn’t going to happen now. Finally, she sighed.

“Something happened in the future. I visited Detrot in the future to look for something to help get us home, and while there…I saw something. Something horrible.” Sparkler explained.

Twilight’s mind raced. “It was something to do with me wasn’t it.” She deduced based on the context.

“I saw video logs from Night Mare, detailing how you slowly descended into insanity trying to get us back.” Sparkler said. “Eventually you…you…” Sparkler trailed off. Really not wanting to finish that sentence as she shivered.

Twilight gasped as she connected the dots and she wrapped her forelegs around Sparkler. “Oh Sparky! That must’ve been terrible for you to watch!” She exclaimed.

Sparkler nodded as she returned the hug. “It’s great that you love us so much, but I never imagined our disappearance would have that effect on you.” She said. “That’s what drove me to work harder than ever to get home. So that future doesn’t come to pass.”

“And it won’t.” Twilight responded. “You’re home now, we’re back together. It’ll be ok now.” She said.

Sparkler nodded. “Even so…can you promise me something?” She asked.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“If something like this happens again and The kids and I don’t end up coming back…promise you won’t throw your life away trying to get us back? What we have isn’t worth throwing your life away like that.” She asked.

Twilight squeezed Sparkler tight. “I promise Sparkler.” She said, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

Sparkler nodded and nuzzled Twilight’s cheek. Twilight then thought of something. “Is this why you proposed? Because of the dark future you saw?“ She asked.

“…it might have played a role.” Sparkler admitted. “But a small one. A very small role. I’ve been thinking about marriage well before the time accident.”

Twilight couldn’t help but chuckle. “Truthfully? So have I.” She revealed.

Sparkler at long last smiled for the first time after she had the nightmare. “Although I am afraid. Pinkie’s gonna blow a gasket when her pinkie sense tells her about this.” She said.

Twilight laughed. “Two things to celebrate. Light and Dark, and our engagement.” She said.

Sparkler nodded. And eventually, the two did go back to sleep.


The next day, Pinkie did indeed blow a gasket in excitement when Twilight and Sparkler announced the good news. Of course everypony welcomed Light and Dark to 1003, and Pinkie set up a party in record time for the occasions.

Light and Dark were introduced to their siblings’ friends Lucky and Pearl. And Lucky was ecstatic to meet two more batponies. And the two batpony brothers were overwhelmed with the welcome from everypony. They very quickly agreed with their parents’ assessment. Ponyville was indeed the defacto capital of Friendship.

Rarity in particular was OVER THE MOON when Sparkler and Twilight announced their engagement and had immediately started talking about wedding dresses.

“Sparkler. I understand your reluctance for a wedding dress. But if I may be blunt. Your reasons for it do not apply here. Not only is it YOUR special day. But you and Twilight also control the guest list.” Rarity had explained. “So on that day. Nopony will be thinking of harassing you. So there is no reason why you shouldn’t want to stand out.” She had reasoned. To which Sparkler had relented.

“Alright Rares. Your logic has won out.” Sparkler told Rarity.

Overall, it was an amazing time for the Medley Sparkle family.


1,019 years into the future, in Maretime Bay, Winter, her siblings, Harmone, Apple Brittle, Magnus Sentry and Night Shade were in the Medley Deli after closing. Apple Brittle poured a shot of Cider for everypony. “To the magic of friendship.” Apple Brittle said.

“Here here!” His friends said as they all raised their glasses and sipped the cider.

“It was so cool that we finally got to experience Future Incursion.” Sparkle commented. “Great Granny Sparkler was fun at that age.”

“And for the most part it was smooth sailing. Other than the whole Fleur debacle.” Winter responded. Everypony eyed Twinkle.

“Look, I’m sorry ok? It got out before I could stop it. At least I didn’t spoil the fact that—“ Twinkle got cut off by Magnus.

“Twinkle, stop talking before you spoil something for the readers.” Magnum gestured at all the readers.

“Right.” Twinkle responded and shut her mouth. Thanks Magnus.

Harmone cleared his throat. “Yes well, it’s a shame we never had a proper send off for her.” He said. “Darn Sprout.”

“Yeah.” Hurricane said. “I was really looking forward to singing that song.”

“Well…no reason why we still can’t sing it.” Flappy Jack responded. “Sure she isn’t here to sing it with us but—“

“Squawk! Proximity alert, VIP incoming. Squawk!” Reflect the robot bird cut Flappy Jack off.

Everypony noticed a shadow looming over inside the restaurant, and all of them turned to the front, where they saw a tall Alicorn standing there, smiling. After a moment of shock, Winter smiled. “You were saying Flappy Jack?” She asked as she walked to the door.

To be continued next time…

Author's Note:

And this marks the end of Future Incursion!

I don't know about you but I thoroughly enjoy this journey. :)

Now we have one more before Season 3 starts. Sparkler finding out what's up with Fleur being her bio sister.

SEE YOU THEN AND THX FOR READING!

Please click and fill out. :)

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 19 )

great story in the series wonder what is going to happen next time on sparkler ball z

that 4th wall break lol

11250327
Yeah. That was one that was too good to pass up.

why do I get the feeling Auntie Luna will be spoiling a couple of princes at least a little. Now which came first the chicken or the egg We know Light and Dark have Redheart Syndrome or at least that's what is was called so have they made a time loop now?

Jesus christ! I have NEVER in my 17 years of life enjoyed a series this thorougly! Seriously impressive! I'll be waiting for more!

11250909
Have you read all of Sparkling Harmony so far?

And thanks for the kind words. :)

i absolutely loved loved loved all seven stories and can't wait for more cause this was honesty my favorite series by far so please keep these stories coming i beg you and ps you should consider turning this into a youtube series cause i would it as well as help in any way possible with the youtube series just something to think about ok see you next time in the next story byzeez

11251257
Thank you for the kind words! I can tell you now that this series is FAR from over.

As for the YouTube thing. It’s a little out of my capabilities right now to turn this into a video series that matches the quality I feel it deserves. But it’s in my mind and should I eventually turn this into a YouTube series, I’ll be sure to spread the word. :)

Im about to post the first chapter of the next story now.

no problem captain_cosmos your stories have touches me to the core and everything and ok that's good to know about the youtube series and i can be your first mate on deck if no ones asked you about it and don't worry even if i don't get a part in it i'm glad that i could volunteer for such an opportunity and not be like that mother of light wing and dark wing and ps i can't wait to read your new chapter starting now

11250944
Of course I have! Multiple times! I can't get enough!

11251374
Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Comment posted by Ahsoka Tano deleted Jul 26th, 2022

11312767
Just noticed theres prequels i mightve missed explaining the time :P

11312782
Yeah everything up to this point has been explained. Or there WILL be explanations in due time

Everypony noticed a shadow looming over inside the restaurant, and all of them turned to the front, where they saw a tall Alicorn standing there, smiling. After a moment of shock, Winter smiled. “You were saying Flappy Jack?” She asked as she walked to the door.

"Magic will be mine."

https://images.app.goo.gl/Erd989C2Ruo4fhpK6
11250329

“Twinkle, stop talking before you spoil something for the readers.” Magnum gestured at all the readers.

HEY THATS PINKIES THING MAGNUM!!

Everypony noticed a shadow looming over inside the restaurant, and all of them turned to the front, where they saw a tall Alicorn standing there, smiling. After a moment of shock, Winter smiled. “You were saying Flappy Jack?” She asked as she walked to the door.

Heya.........sparkler

Login or register to comment