• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,133 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
5
 413
 1,133

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 22: A Grand Opening Bang Pt 2

“What do you mean I need a reservation to add ponies to my party?” Copperbottom asked in a condescending tone.

“If you want to add ponies to your party, you may talk to Flappy Jack up front about a reservation.” Sparkler told Ms. Copperbottom. “Otherwise we cannot seat you at another table.”

“What about THAT one?” Copperbottom demanded, pointing at a very large table. “That one’s empty! Just move us to that table!” She demanded.

Sparkler took a deep breath. Ms. Copperbottom was proving to be a difficult patron to say the least. In the few hours she had been a patron, The Silver-Mane would criticize Sparkler about every little thing. From the way she wore her headband, to the fact that she was wearing a “dangerous” manepin and an unprofessional bow. Plus a few attempts to say Sparkler messed up, which Sparkler, thanks to her phone connecting to her microphone badge, was able to disprove by playing back Copperbottom’s own words right back at her.

Now, she was trying to get a larger table because ‘she wanted the whole family to eat here.’ Sparkler smiled her polite smile. “That table is reserved. And the reservers are due here very soon.” She explained. “I’m sorry ma’am, but I cannot move you.” She apologized.

“No, no, you CAN move us. It’s first come first serve and we were here first! I want to speak to your manager!” Copperbottom growled at Sparkler.

Does this lady not know how reservations for large groups work? Sparkler mentally asked herself. On another hoof, she grinned when Copperbottom demanded to speak to a manager. “I AM the manager ma’am. And I will tell you again, the large table over there is reserved. And nothing is going to change that.” She informed the mare. “Now I would advise you to drop the matter before I’m forced to escalate the situation.” She sternly told her.

Copperbottom was about to say something, before one of her companions nudged her and gave her a look that said shut up. So she did. Sparkler smiled and walked off to the front. I’m sure the kids are getting a kick out of this. She mused. Knowing full well Pedal, Mystic, and Sprinkle were all watching through the mental link, and relaying it to the rest of the kids.

Outside, Sunny, Izzy, Pipp, and Zipp brought Melody, her siblings, Spike and Flurry to the restaurant for dinner as promised. And they saw that the restaurant was packed. “Yikes. It’s like the whole town is here.” Zipp said.

“It IS the grand opening of the Medley Deli.” Sunny responded. “So there are going to be a lot of ponies here.”

“Good thing Winter Reserved a table for us. Come on!” Trail said. “I wanna get in there and see if we can catch a live Silver-Mane conversation.” He chuckled.

Everypony chuckled at that. Pedal, Sprinkle and Mystic had been relaying conversations to the others. And they were proud of their mom for being a smarty pants. They all walked in and saw their mom with Flappy Jack. Whom they met the other night when Winter, through Sparkler’s invitation, brought her six siblings over for a family dinner…they still found it weird they were dining with their future family, but at the same time, they were happy that they DID have family here.

Sparkler and Flappy Jack smiled when they saw the kids and Sunny, Izzy, Pipp and Zipp enter. “Hello there. Welcome to the Medley Deli. Do you have a reservation?” Flappy Jack asked as Sparkler pulled out a bunch of menus from the side bucket.

“It should be under Medley.” Sunny explained, based on what she had been told.

Flappy Jack nodded and glanced at his book. He quickly found the name. “Ah yes. 4 adults, 13 minors. We got a table all ready for you. Sparkler?” He asked, giggling to himself.

Sparkler beamed and gestured for them to follow her. “Right this way everypony.” She said as she led them to the largest table in the restaurant. She helped her kids into the chairs, and secured Flurry in the High Chair, and then started her spiel, forgoing the introduction. “Can I start everypony off with something to drink? I recommend for the kids the kiddie sized apple juice.” She said.

“Yeah we’ll have that!” The kids said.

Sparkler chuckled and wrote that down, also writing down a sippy cup of warm milk for Flurry. “And how about the adults?” She asked.

“I’ll just have a water.” Sunny said.

“Iced Tea.” Izzy said.

Pipp was about to order her drink when they all heard a clearly angry voice. “Ugh! I can’t believe they held a table for a bunch of brats!” Proclaimed Copperbottom, very loudly.

Sparkler let out a sigh. “Pipp? Zipp?” She asked, ignoring the mare.

“Pepsi.” Pipp said.

“Orange Juice.” Zipp said.

Sparkler wrote those down and nodded. “Alright I’ll be back with your—“

“Ahem!” They heard Copperbottom clear her throat, very obviously rudely.

“—Your drinks as soon as possible.” Sparkler finished. Groveling to herself. Ok, it WAS fun. But now she’s REALLY starting to get on my nerves. She thought as she trotted over to Copperbottom’s table. “Yes. Is there a problem here ma’am?” She asked.

“I demand you kick those brats out and move our party to that table. Those kids will just mess up the whole night!” Copperbottom demanded. “We deserve that table since we were here first!” She growled.

Oh she is REALLY pushing it. Sparkler thought as she prepared her next line. With her friendliest smile, she let it rip. “I’m sorry ma’am but I won’t be kicking out that party of 17. Not only do they NEED that table. But they’re here at the owner’s own invitation.” She informed Copperbottom. Bracing herself for the inevitable crapshow.

“There’s no way those brats know the owner!” Copperbottom growled. “Kick them out!”

“Ma’am, this is your last warning. Either settle down or I’ll have to ask you to leave.” Sparkler told her in her serious voice.

Copperbottom got the message, and shut up, albeit with a lot of pouting. Sparkler nodded and returned to her work and getting the next order. I almost HOPE she does something so I can kick HER out…I’m gonna have to keep an eye on the kids’ table. She said as she ordered the drinks from Bender, for some reason she had a bad feeling about this.

At that moment, everypony there heard the Mic boom and all turned their attention to the stage, where Winter smiled in front of the mic. “Hello everypony! Welcome to the Grand Opening of the Medley Deli!”

Sparkler smiled as the crowd cheered. Winter had been doing this every hour for the new patrons that weren’t here earlier. She knew what was coming.

“On behalf of everypony here, I just want to say thanks for being here with us to celebrate the opening of the Medley Deli. One of the fun things we like to do here is put on a show for some dinner entertainment. Floor staff, let’s put on a show!” She lit her horn and activated the DJ system as the crowd cheered.

The music started and Winter and the floor staff started singing.

🎶Guys I think we know what we are gonna do
We got this stage
we got these lights
We got this audience too

With a little inspiration
we’d be ready to go
Well inspiration and some music

Yeah! We’re gonna put on a show!

Spotlights hooflights
Music choreography
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

It’s all live there’s no
cinematography
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

Singing dancing
rocking to the melody
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

Waiters waitresses
moving to the groovy beat

We’re gonna put on a show!

Put on a show!🎶

The spotlight shined on Sparkler, who started leading the next part.

🎶It’s the best way to dine
Dare you to try something else

If you’ll share it with us
We’re gonna share it with you

If you’ve got nowhere to go
For like an hour or so
Sit back and relax

(So many notes!)
We’re gonna put on a show!

Spotlights hooflights
Music choreography
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

It’s all live there’s no
cinematography
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

Singing dancing
rocking to the melody
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

Waiters waitresses
moving to the groovy beat
We’re gonna put on a show!

We’re gonna put on a show!

Spotlights hooflights
Music choreography
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

It’s all live there’s no
cinematography
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

Singing dancing
rocking to the melody
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

Waiters waitresses
moving to the groovy beat
(We’re gonna put on a show!)

We’re gonna put on a show!🎶

The song came to an end and Winter and the floor staff all bowed to a cheering crowd.

Over at their table, Lightning smiled as he closed up his camcorder. “I am SO glad Winter told me about these performances!” He exclaimed.

“That was awesome!” Some of the other kids said.

Sparkler smiled as she got the drinks and brought them over to the table. “How did you all enjoy that?” She asked.

“You were awesome!” Sunny said.

“I so wish I was live-streaming that.” Pipp commented.

Sparkler chuckled as she passed out the drinks. “Not sure if Winter would’ve liked that. But it’s not like we’ll do a lot of Medley Deli exclusive songs.” She mused. “Alright. Here are your drinks. Are you guys ready to order?” She asked.

“We’re still looking over the menu.” Melody said.

“Yeah. The performance distracted us.” Lumber pointed out.

Sparkler chuckled. “Alright, I’ll be back in a few.” She said as she left to go serve another table. Well. Aside from the Silver-Mane, this is going pretty well so far. Hopefully it stays like—

“Why did you bring those two rejects here?! They shouldn’t be out in public!” Came a familiar voice that made Sparkler frown. She turned back around and her eyes widened when she saw Ms. Copperbottom interacting with Sunny, Izzy, Pipp, Zipp, and her charges. Oh No. No no no this is NOT gonna happen. She thought. She knew exactly who Copperbottom was talking about and it made her blood boil. She stormed back over while Copperbottom went on a rant.

“Those two retards should be kept out of sight, do you WANT ponies to make fun of you?” She asked.

Pipp, Zipp, Sunny, Izzy, and pretty much everypony were too shocked to say anything. Sparkler cleared her throat to announce her presence. “Excuse me, what is going on here?” She asked.

Copperbottom turned to her and growled at her. “You will kick those two.” She pointed at Light and Dark. “Out of this establishment immediately. They’ll scare customers away!” She said.

“Ma’am. They have just as much right to be here—“ Sparkler started before Copperbottom cut her off.

“No, they don’t. They don’t deserve to be out in public with those defects. They should be abandoned. Just like I abandoned these two when they were born!” Copperbottom screamed at Sparkler.

And that’s when the entire restaurant stopped, and went dead silent. All eyes were staring at the commotion. Sparkler’s mind was reeling. Did this lady just imply that Light and Dark were HER children?! And she INTENTIONALLY abandoned them?! Sparkler was actually speechless.

Light and Dark’s mouths were agape. They honestly believed they would never meet their birth mother…and yet their memories of their mother’s face matched Copperbottom’s face exactly. “Wait…YOU’RE our mom?” Light asked after a few seconds.

Copperbottom scoffed. “I’m ashamed to say I gave birth to you two. You two were supposed to be the perfect twin batponies. But all you are are disappointments that would’ve ruined my image. So I dumped you off somewhere and left you to rot.” She said, acting like she was proud of it.

That crushed Light and Dark. They couldn’t believe it. Their mother actually DID abandon them for their appearance. Light was already on the brink of tears and Dark was fast approaching that stage. How could anypony do that to a foal?

Copperbottom wasn’t yet though. “The world has no room for defective retards that don’t even have a complete face. They deserve to rot in a dumpster and go to Tartarus for their hideous appearance.” She ranted.

As Copperbottom continued to rant and spread vile things about the children she very much intentionally abandoned. Something inside Sparkler snapped. She lit her horn and shut Copperbottom up. “Stop. Just, stop. You can think what you want but you will not put down these two children who have been nothing but angels since I met them. You will return to your seat and knock off this behavior or I WILL ask you to leave!” She growled. “They have just as much right to be here as you do. And I will NOT kick them out for being themselves.” She said as she released Copperbottom’s mouth. “Now SIT!” She told her.

Copperbottom sat there as if she had just been struck by lightning. For the moment, nopony said a word. And then Copperbottom exploded. “How DARE you! Do you know who I am? You will not talk to me like that! I want to see—“

“No.” Sparkler cut her off. “No, you will not be talking to my manager or the owner. You will either sit back down in your seat or leave. Those are your only two options.” Sparkler said sternly. Knowing she should kick her out but didn’t want to ruin her dinner (even though at this point Copperbottom was asking for it.)

“Are you going to kick out this pack of brats and move us to this table to make it up to us for this ruined evening?” Copperbottom asked in a rude tone.

“No! There will be no compensation, and I will not kick out a party that hasn’t caused any trouble.” Sparkler shot back. “Now I will not ask again, SIT, DOWN!” She growled.

Copperbottom grumbled, and went to start back to her seat. Sparkler watched her. And when she was just about to sit down, Sparkler believed it over so she started to walk away. But that’s when she heard screaming and saw table utensils flying. She whirled around for the source of the clear magic and saw a sight that shocked her. Copperbottom had summoned all the sharp utensils and aimed them at

“No! Don’t—“ Sparkler started to scream at Copperbottom before the utensils launched straight for Light and Dark, and ONLY those two.

Until then Sunny had been frozen in shock, but when she saw the sharp utensils flying toward them, she snapped out of it and lit her horn, creating a shield that stopped the Utensils in their tracks. Copperbottom snarled as she made the utensils pound on the shield.

Light and Dark, for their part, took cover under the table. Was their birth mother SERIOUSLY trying to kill them?! “Is this a dream?!” Asked Dark.

“More like a nightmare!” Light exclaimed.

After getting over her shock at the truly vile acts she was witnessing, Sparkler lit her horn and formed a shield that covered the entire table. “Ma’am! Stop!” She growled.

Winter got off the phone with sheriff Hitch after reporting a major disturbance, and went back out to help. She lit her horn and all the utensils were ripped from Copperbottom’s magical grasp and returned to the tables they originated from. “Ma’am! Stop this behavior right now!” She growled as she stomped over to Copperbottom. “You have been rude, critical of our staff, and you have harassed other customers. Up until now we were willing to let you either knock it off, or ask you to leave tonight. But after you just tried to KILL a pair of children. Consider yourself permanently banned from this establishment! Sheriff Hitch is on his way to escort you out!” She growled at Copperbottom.

While Copperbottom started spewing profanities and screaming her head off that the two defective kids should be the ones to be banned. Winter glanced at Sparkler and nodded, silently telling her to get Light and Dark out of there for their genuine safety.

Sparkler nodded and quickly got Light and Dark out of the restaurant while Copperbottom started lighting her horn and actually wrecking the place.

Sparkler took them to the side of the building and sat with them. Light and Dark held it together for approximately five seconds before the floodgates opened and tears started rolling down their cheeks. Sparkler scooped them up in her wings and held them in a comforting hug. “Hey, hey, shhhh. It’s ok. It’s ok.” She cooed. “Let it all out.”

While Light and Dark continued to cry over what they just learned and what just happened, Sparkler was trying her absolute hardest to not go back in there and buck the Silver-Mane into next week. Never before had she witnessed such vileness before. Light and Dark really had been angels since she ran into them. Nopony deserved to be treated like that. And to go as far as to TRY to kill them?! She really IS a Silver-Mane!

After a few moments of Light and Dark crying their eyes out. It died down and they backed out of the hug. “This whole time…We had the theory that our appearance had something to do with it…” Light said, sniffling.

“But she implied that it was the ONLY reason…” Dark said.

“I’m so sorry you two. You didn’t deserve what that witch did to you. You're perfect just the way you are.” Sparkler said.

“You think so?“ Light asked.

“I know so. Anypony would be lucky to call you their sons. I know I’m lucky to be able to be your foster parent.” Sparkler responded, smiling.

Light and Dark saw Sparkler’s smile and they smiled back. At that moment, they decided to go for it. “Can we go back with you to 1003?” Light asked.

Sparkler’s smile faded. “W-what?” She asked. “What do you mean back to 1003?” She asked. I don’t remember telling them—

“We uh…kinda overheard you spilling the beans one night when we went to the bathroom.” Dark explained.

“We promise we didn’t MEAN to. But our hypersensitive ears just picked it up and we got curious.” Lightning explained.

“We’re sorry for eavesdropping.” Dark apologized.

Sparkler sighed. “It’s ok guys. I’m not mad. But please understand that that is information that CANNOT get out.” She told them.

“We know. Melody already made us promise.” Light said.

“But if our own mother doesn’t want us, there’s nothing left for us here.” Dark told Sparkler. “And we don’t want the fun we’ve had with you to end.” He added.

At that moment, Sparkler realized the full extent of what Light and Dark were asking. “You…want me to adopt you?” She asked.

“Yeah. We want to be a part of your family.” Light and Dark responded.

Sparkler bit her lip. In truth, she had been thinking about adopting Light and Dark herself. She’d bring it to Twilight to get her opinion. But the scene she just witnessed solidified her decision. “I…I can’t promise that you will be a part of the family.” She told them the truth. “I have to talk to Twilight. My Significant other.” She explained.

“Yeah. We know all about you two.” Light said.

“But will you please talk to her?” Dark asked.

Sparkler smiled and wrapped her wings around Light and Dark. “I promise I will.” She said. “And even if she says no. I promise you that I’ll make sure you’re adopted by a loving family.” She said.

Light and Dark beamed and squeezed Sparkler tight. “Thank you!” They said.

Sparkler nodded and just hugged them.

A moment later, there was a throat clearing and the three turned to see Hitch standing there. “Excuse me, I hate to interrupt.” He said. “But there’s something I’d like to talk to you about.” He said.

Sparkler nodded as she and the boys got up and walked out from the side of the building. “Yes Hitch?” She asked.

“I checked the cameras and gathered witness statements. Yikes.” Hitch said. “Talk about a grand opening with a bang.”

“Yeah.” Sparkler said. “She’s arrested right?” She asked.

“Harassment, child abuse, child abandonment, child endangerment, attempted murder, she’ll be looking at a LONG prison sentence at least.” Hitch explained. “And as Light’s and Dark’s legal guardian being their foster parent, would you like to press charges against her?” Hitch asked.

“Do you know when the trial will be?” Sparkler asked. “Because the second a way home opens for us, we'd very much like to get out of this insanity as soon as possible.”

Hitch laughed. “I don’t blame you.” He said. “As for the trial. Given the amount of video, and audio evidence, and witnesses, I doubt very much you’ll even need to testify in court.” He explained. “Although I doubt it would do much since her criminal behavior will almost certainly land her a life sentence.” He said.

Sparkler smiled. “I just want her to be far away from Light and Dark.” She said.

Hitch nodded. “Right.” He said.

Light glanced into the restaurant and saw the place completely trashed. “Whoa. What happened in there?” He asked.

“Hehe. Copperbottom went crazy.” Hitch explained.

“Yeah!” Winter said as she stomped out. “And I don’t know if you’re pressing charges Sparkler, but I sure as heck am. She caused a LOT of damage.” She said. “Ugh! Some ponies.”

“On the plus side.” Apple Brittle, who stepped out of the restaurant after doing damage control. “Y’all got a good story to tell on the Forum.”

Winter rolled her eyes, but smiled. “Hey Sparkler, we’re gonna need to close down again to fix all the damage. Mind helping us?” She asked.

“Yeah.” Sparkler responded. “Anytime you need me, I’ll be there.” She said.

Winter smiled and turned to Light and Dark. “You two ok?” She asked.

“Yeah. We’ll be fine.” Light said.

“But we’re hoping Twilight says yes when mom asks her about adopting us.” Dark added.

Sparkler’s, Winter’s, Apple Brittle’s, and Hitch’s eyes widened. “Mom?” They all asked.

“Yeah?” Light responded. “Is that wrong?” He asked.

Sparkler thought for a moment, before laughing. “No. Nothing’s wrong with that.“ She said. “Just surprised how quickly you used the term.”

“Why wait when you’ve been a better mom to us in just ten minutes than that witch in 5 years?” Dark asked.

That got everypony laughing. Sparkler hugged Light and Dark. “Fair enough.” She said.

They all went back into the restaurant to see the extent of the damage. The Silver-Mane surely did a number. But it could be rebuilt. So it worked out. The Silver-Mane was arrested, and Sparkler promised to talk to Twilight about Light and Dark. So overall, happy ending.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

It's official, Light and Dark have the WORST Egg donor ever. Lol

Rights go to Disney for the song. Just changed some of the lyrics to make sense.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next