• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,133 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
5
 413
 1,133

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 27: Unlocking The Way.

“Alright. Let’s carefully install these signatures.” Night Shade said.

Sparkler nodded and lit her horn, the five jars that held magical signatures in them in her magic. With careful movements and hawk eyes. Sparkler managed to transfer the magical signatures from the jars into the five empty glass containment domes connected to the Timegate. Once they were secured, Sparkler let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding, as did Night Shade. “Phew. There. The signatures are safe and secured.” She said.

“Good thing OCD forced me to design an extra five chambers into the design to make an even 16.” Night Shade said. “Now, let’s see if this thing wants to work now.” He said.

Sparkler nodded and the two of them went back up into the control room. It was the day after they returned from Detrot, and suffice to say, they had their hopes up that the Timegate would finally work. Night Shade went over to his assistant when they entered the room. “Has the gate accepted the magical signatures?” He asked.

“Yes sir. All 16 magical signatures are registered and confirmed accepted by the gate.” The assistant said.

“Alright. Same thing as the last thirty times. 0ANMB.” Night Shade said.

“Copy that. Time Coordinates for 0ANMB, targeting.”

They watched as the Timegate began to spin. It increased its speed every second, the magical signatures within started to glow.

The assistant watched his screen as numbers started turning green, indicating a lock on target. “Year increment encoded….month increment encoded…” He announced.

Sparkler held her breath and lit her horn again, ready to cast a shield spell should the need arise. We have all the pieces plus extra. Please work… Her heart raised as she prayed to whoever was listening for the Timegate would work this time.

“Day Increment encoded!” The assistant called out.

Everypony watched as the magical signatures began to glow brightly. 16 beams shot from the magical signatures and converged. Something none of them saw before.

“Time Increment locked! Portal activation T-Minus 3 seconds!” The assistant called out.

Three seconds later, a light exploded from the beams and a wormhole formed within the donut.

The ponies in the control room just stared at the wormhole, not believing what they were seeing. Sparkler’s mind was reeling. I…it worked… She tried her best to not celebrate yet. They still had work to do.

“Confirmed sir, wormhole is stable and safe for entry.” The assistant said.

“Alright, send the drone.” Night Shade said.

A flying drone came from above and disappeared into the portal. All eyes turned to the large screen as it lit up with static. The static eventually began clearing up, and immediately they could see lights coming from above. “Do you have control of the drone?“ Night Shade asked.

“Yes sir.” One of the other ponies said as the drone’s camera panned up to see a sight to behold, there, on the screen, were two Alicorns, fighting each other.

Sparkler stared in awe as she watched CELESTIA AND NIGHTMARE MOON fight each other. Oh Faust…

“Confirm live feed.” Night Shade said.

“All systems are green sir…feed confirmed. We are watching history unfold, live.” The assistant said.

Everypony continued to stare at the monitor. Almost not believing that after so many failures, they actually did it. They finally created a working time machine! Eventually, somepony did speak up. “We did it ponies! We made a stable time machine!”

The whole room erupted in cheering. Sparkler could feel tears of joy coming. “It…it worked…” She let out.

Night Shade smiled and placed a hoof on her shoulder. Sparkler just turned and pulled him into a tight hug. “Thank you.” She whispered, a few tears leaking. At long last, they had a way home!

Night Shade smiled as he hugged Sparkler back. “Your welcome Sparkler.” He said. After a moment, they parted and Night Shade turned to his team. “Congratulations everypony. Now let’s get our drone back and shut this thing down for recharging.”

“Yes sir.” The assistant said. A few moments later, the drone reappeared in the Timegate room and disappeared. After which the Timegate deactivated and stopped spinning.

“Portal shutdown complete, recharge in progress, T-Minus two weeks.” The assistant said as a count down appeared on a clock.

Sparkler smiled. “Thank you. Thank you all!” She said to the team. She was so happy to finally have a definitive way home. Two more weeks… She thought.

“Gives you time to tie up any loose ends.” Night Shade said.

“Right.” Sparkler responded. “I should give Winter my two weeks notice.” She said as she bolted out of the room.

Night Shade watched her go and smiled. “Thank you GreatX10 Grandma.” He said under his breath as he and the team heard Sparkler give a very audible “Woohoo!”

Meanwhile, Sprout was walking down the hall, looking at his phone when something bumped into him. “Gah! Hey! Watch where—eek!” Sprout was cut off when he saw that it was the PegaCorn that bumped into him.

Sparkler shook her head clear and saw that she bumped into Sprout. “Oh, sorry Sprout. You ok?” She asked.

Sprout just growled at her. “I’ll be fine when you and the rest of your kind are gone!” He said.

Sparkler just smiled and ruffled his mane. “Don’t worry Sprouty. I’ll be out of your mane in two weeks.” She said as she bounced away. Leaving behind a very confused and angry Sprout.

“Grah. Two weeks. Not soon enough.” He grumbled as he went back to his hidey hole.


Melody, her siblings, Flurry, Spike, Light, Dark, Sunny, Izzy, Pipp, Zipp, Hitch, Apple Brittle, and Winter and her siblings all waited in the Medley Deli. It was the weekend so the restaurant was closed. A few moments later, Sparkler walked into the building. Melody smiled when she saw her enter. “Well?” She asked.

“How’d it go?” Crystal asked.

“Do we have a way home?” Asked Sky.

Sparkler took a deep breath, and smiled widely. “Two weeks. Two more weeks…and we’re home!” She announced happily.

Upon hearing that, the kids all erupted in cheers. Sparkler chuckled. “The Timegate is fully operational and recharging. It finally works!” She said.

“Awesome!” Pipp responded. “I’m so happy for all of you.”

“We all are.” Sunny said.

Sparkler and her kids all fell into a massive group hug. Happy that they were almost home. Winter let them have a moment before smiling. “So. Guess you’ll be handing in your two weeks notice Sparkler?” She asked knowingly.

Sparkler laughed. “Don’t take this the wrong way Winter. But you’ll need to find a new head wait pony.” She said.

Foxtrot chuckled. “I doubt we can find a pony as good as you. Seriously, you have a real knack for customer service.” He said.

Sparkler giggled and went back to embracing her pack. We’re almost home… She thought. She was actually starting to lose hope that they would ever get back. But now, there was a definitive light at the end of the tunnel, an end date to what she had to admit was an incredible adventure.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

At last! The way home is unlocked!

Just needs to charge back up. Lol.

Less than five episodes left I predict.

So. Funny thing. I completely forgot about Fleur Dis Lee being an Alicorn when Night Mare said she preserved magical signatures from the remaining Alicorns.😅 mega oopsies on my part.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next