• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,132 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
5
 413
 1,132

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 37: The Battle of Maretime Bay Pt 4

Sprout laughed as he set his robot on a course for Zephyr Heights. “Hahaha! Next stop! Zephyr Heights to destroy the Pegasi. Then the Unicorns are next!” He laughed maniacally until he heard shouting. He turned to see a quartet of Alicorns Hovering outside the window.

“Sprout!” Growled Sparkler. “Stop this RIGHT NOW!” She shouted. Fresh anger seething within her upon learning what Sprout did to Light and Dark through Sprinkle Mind Linking with her.

Sprout just laughed and swung his forehoof to control the robot. “I’ll stop when all the Pegasi and Unicorns are gone!” He growled.

The four saw the leg coming and dodged it. Winter just smirked. “Alright then. Come and catch us then!” She said as she and her fellow Alicorns took off.

“Oh don’t talk to me about coming and catching!” Sprout growled. “I am on the CUTTING-EDGE of coming and catching!”

Outside, Winter and Sparkler flew side by side as they distracted Sprout. “So, Crystal Guardian and Rangers? That’s what my great grandkids will be?” She asked Winter.

“Your story is far from over.” Winter responded. “Above all else, it’s paramount that you survive this adventure.”

“I’ve done well so far.” Sparkler responded as she noticed the main weapon powering up. “Heads up! Another charge incoming!” She called out.

While the Alicorns dodged the beam and continued to distract Sprout, Pedal glanced up from the ledge she and Spike stood on in front of the glass containment. “Alright. They got Sprout distracted.” Pedal said as she turned to Spike. “Ready?” She asked.

“Ready,” Spike responded.

Pipp smiled and she and Izzy ushered everypony back. Without further ado, Pedal grabbed Spike’s tail in her mouth and pulled. Spike yelped and shot a continuous stream of fire that he directed at the glass, beginning to cut the hole.

Meanwhile, within the robot itself, Night Shade, Hurricane, and Flappy Jack fought their way through some robot guards on their way to the main power core. With their power armor, Hurricane and Flappy Jack were making quick work of the guards while Night Shade took up the rear, using his saddle that on top of scanning equipment, also had a defense turret.

Eventually, they reached the main power core and blasted their way in. Night Shade galloped in and saw them, the magical signatures. “Bingo! Magical signatures!” He exclaimed.

“Are they safe to move?” Hurricane asked.

Night Shade smiled and held up some jars. “Just need to get them into these and this robot’s done for.” He said.

Flappy Jack nodded. “Then let’s do it.” He said.

Outside, Zipp and Magnus fought back to back against the poninators. Zipp rolled her eyes. “Ugh. I can’t believe Sprout modeled these things after that cheesy poninator movie.” She commented.

Magnus bounced his shield off of several robots and nodded. “It really feels like we’re in that movie right now.” He glanced at the giant robot to see that it was charging up it’s main weapon again. “We have to take out that cannon.” He commented.

“And how do you suggest we do that?” Zipp asked.

“Watch this.” Magnus responded as he aimed and spun around, using the momentum to throw his shield.

Zipp watched as the shield soared through the sky and to her surprise, sliced through the weapon’s apparatus and then boomerang back to Magnus, who caught it. The weapon fell to the ground off the head while Zipp glared at Magnus. “Ok, A, how the hay did you DO that? And B, why the hay did you NOT do that sooner?” She asked.

“Practice, and honestly I’m not sure in retrospect.” Magnus responded.

In the sky, Sprout watched in horror as his big gun fell off the head and landed on the ground in a heap of scrap. “Oh come on! That’s cheating!” He growled.

Sparkler watched the cannon fall and laughed. “Ha! There goes his main weapon.” Sparkler received a telepathic message from Pedal. She glanced down and she saw several flyers leaving the giant pony. “They got out!” She exclaimed.

The four Alicorns dove down and met the escaped ponies. “Oh thank Faust you guys got out!” Sparkler told her kids while Sunny hugged Izzy and Pipp tight.

“Light and Dark are down for the count but they’re still alive.” Melody responded.

“Right, get out of here and get them to Maretime General.” Sparkler instructed.

“Roger that.” Pipp responded. With that, they all flew away.

Sunny smiled as she nodded. “Now that the kids are out of there, and we know Sprout isn’t anywhere near the magical signatures. Let’s chop the head off the snake!” Sunny suggested.

Harmone and Winter grinned widely and lit their horns. “Let’s blast that thing!” They said.

Sparkler and Sunny lit their horns too and the four of them rocketed back up to the head of the robot and started cutting through the metal at the neck.

Sprout gasped as within seconds, the head slid off the neck and tumbled to the ground, leaving him completely exposed. He watched as the four Alicorns landed around him in his command center. And NONE of them had amused looks on their faces. He now found himself surrounded by four very angry Alicorns with their horns lit and wings flared out.

He cleared his throat after a moment. “Ahem. Ok, well, good job everypony. We managed to GET ANNIHILATED!” He smirked as he pressed a button on the floor, intending for something to happen, but nothing happened. He pressed the button again, nothing.

Sparkler just smirked as Sprout failed to activate whatever was supposed to happen. She knew what that must’ve meant. “Looks like You lost your power source.” She said. She saw Night Shade and Hurricane fly up and she saw that Night Shade had all the magical signatures.

Sprout saw that too and his heart sank. It was at that moment he knew it wasn’t good. He looked back at the four Alicorns and gulped. “Uh…” He didn’t know what to do now.

“Just give up Sprout.” Harmone said. “Your robot’s dead in it’s tracks, your army of poninators is defeated, it’s OVER!” He growled.

“No. It’s not over.” Sprout responded. “You can play nice all you want, I won’t be fooled by your tricks! Earth Ponies will—“

“Ahem.” A voice behind him cut him off.

Sprout turned to see who cut him off, only to find the little white Pegacorn monster glaring at him with her cute little forelegs crossed. “Uh oh.” Sprout said.

“NO!” Flurry shouted at him with the Royal Canterlot Voice before she lit her horn and started firing at Sprout.

Sprout yelped and dove down an open hatch that closed right behind him. After a second, they saw him launch into the air in a flying chair. “You haven’t seen the last of me!” He growled as he flew off into the distance.

Winter smirked. “Yeah. But we’ll be waiting.” She said as her armor retracted and transformed back into Reflect the mechanical hawk.

Sparkler ran up to Flurry and grabbed her out of the sky. “Flurry, You just did your first RCV!” She said excitedly. “I’m so proud of you!”

Flurry giggled as Winter, Sunny and Harmone gathered around. “So, that’s it?” Harmone asked.

“That’s it. It’s over.” Winter said.

“We just saved the world!” Sunny exclaimed excitedly. “Just like Twilight and the Guardians of Harmony!”

“Yeah…” Sparkler responded. Her brain caught up to the reality of the situation and she smiled. “We actually did it.” She said. That was for you Twilight… She thought. She glanced at Flurry again, before something dawned on her. “Light, Dark!” Now that she had a second to think, she panicked as she spread her wings and took off to Maretime General.

Winter, Sunny and Harmone watched her go. Sunny smiled. “Is this what it feels like? That feeling you get when you’ve saved the world?” She asked.

“Feels good doesn’t it?” Harmone asked. Receiving a nod from Sunny in the process.

Winter smiled as she glanced at Reflect. “Thank you Reflect.” She said.

“Squawk! My pleasure Crystal Guardian Winter. Squawk!” Reflect responded.

Sunny gasped. “Reflect can talk?” She asked.

Winter nodded. “With Sprout still on the loose, I feel you’re gonna learn a lot about a particular part of Equestrian history…or more specifically, the Crystal Empire.” She said.

Soon, they reunited with their friends and allies. Surrounded by destroyed Poninators. After a hard fought battle, the magic of friendship prevailed over evil, and the Timegate got its magical signatures back.

“So. Sparkler at the hospital?” Asked Hitch.

“Yep.” Sunny responded. “I hope Light and Dark make it.”

“I’ll give Dr. Aviate a call tomorrow.” Zipp said. “Assuming they haven’t been discharged by the time it would take for Dr. Aviate to get here.”

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Sparkler was led to the room they had Light and Dark in. There she found the kids and Izzy and Pipp. The kids saw her and smiled. “Well?” Crystal asked.

“It’s over. Sprout’s robot and his army are done.” Sparkler announced.

The kids cheered while Sparkler looked over at Light and Dark. “Anything?” She asked.

“The doctors said they’re expected to live.” Pipp responded. “But when they’ll wake up they have no idea.”

“I can’t believe Sprout.” Izzy commented. “Like, who does that?” She asked.

“A few ponies apparently.” Sparkler responded as she watched Light’s and Dark’s sleeping. Please, please let them wake up soon…

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Woo! Sprout has been defeated!

But Light and Dark are now hospitalized.

Now we get to the FINAL three chapters of Sparkling Harmony Future Incursion!

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next