• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,130 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
5
 413
 1,130

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 7: Treasure In The Trash

Sparkler and the boys sat at a picnic table in a park in the town they arrived in for lunch. It was takeout from a fast food place due to it being cheap. “Mmmmm. Well I’ll say this for the future. They know how to make a good sandwich.” Spike commented.

“I won’t complain about the scenery either.” Lumber said.

Sparkler smiled and nodded as she took a bite out of her lunch. She had to agree with Lumber that the future looked like something out of a vacation postcard. I bet our friends would love this. She thought.

Lightning moved his Camcorder around to point at himself and smiled. “It is now day 5 of our forced adventure in the future.” He turned the camcorder so that it was looking around. “This town is certainly colorful, parks are clean, I bet Fluttershy would love to meet all the new animals Lumber the animal lover’s met.” He remarked.

“And it’s clear skies too.” Trail remarked. “Perfect flight weather. Mom, can I go for a fly after lunch?” He asked Sparkler.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Sparkler responded. “We’re trying to NOT lose anypony else here.”

“Aww. It’ll just be a quick fly over the park.” Trail whined.

“Trail, no. Need I remind everypony that this isn’t a vacation?” Sparkler asked.

“Oh lighten up a little Sparkler.” Spike said.

“Spike, we are currently looking for seven missing kids, and that’s not even mentioning that we STILL have to find a way back to our time. We were never supposed to be here in the first place and while yes the future is nice, I’d rather get back to our own time as fast as possible.” Sparkler said.

“Alright, fine.” Trail said. Relenting that his mother wasn’t going to let up.

“Look, once we get to wherever the signals are coming from, if the area isn’t dangerous I’ll let you fly then. Ok?” Sparkler asked Trail.

“Awesome!” Trail responded.

Sparkler smiled and the five continued to eat their lunch in peace. After a few minutes, Spike spoke up again. “I just had an idea.” He said. “What if we formed a traveling band?”

Spike’s group’s eyes widened and they all stared at him. “A traveling band?” Lumber asked.

“Yeah. It could be a good way to make some extra money. Because the thousand bits are already a quarter of the way gone and we don’t know how much longer we’ll be here for.” Spike reasoned. “So if we want to continue to not have to rely on random berry bushes on the road, we need some way to make money. Because not everypony will offer Sparkler a day’s paying job.” He commented.

“I suppose we’re lucky Harmone paid her double what they originally agreed on.” Lightning commented.

“Yeah. And you know how sometimes ponies are out on the streets playing instruments and they have an open case where bits could be collected?” Spike asked.

“Yeah?” Spike’s group all said.

“All we’d need is a guitar, and a drum, and I’m sure we could make good bits.” Spike said.

“Not a bad idea Spike, except for one problem. We DON’T have those instruments.” Lumber said.

“Arts and crafts.” Spike said simply.

Sparkler blinked at him. “You suggest we MAKE the guitar and drums ourselves?” She asked.

“Yeah. I bet we could do it.” Spike said.

“And where are we supposed to get the materials to make them?” Lightning asked. “I doubt mom wants to spend the bits when they’ll probably cost a lot.”

“I think this town has a dump or someplace for their trash.” Spike suggested.

Sparkler and the boys glanced at each other. “Surely they wouldn’t just let us rummage through the dump?”


“Knock yourselves out. You’d be doing me a favor. Anything you take I don’t have to sort through.” The pony said in front of the town dump. The pony opened the door for Sparkler and her group. “Just do me a favor and don’t make it even more of a mess.” He said.

Sparkler blinked a few times. After lunch they decided it wouldn’t hurt to ask the local dump if they could rummage through the trash. Sparkler personally was not expecting them to actually be allowed to do that. “Uh, thanks sir.” She said.

“Mind if I ask what it is yer looking for?” The pony asked.

“We’re looking for stuff to make some instruments.” Spike responded.

“Well then. Have fun.” The pony said as he walked back into his little building, which presumably was his office.

“Alright then. I guess that’s that.” Lightning said.

“What do we need Mom?” She asked.

“For a guitar, a rectangular tissue box, a toilet paper roll or something similar, and string. For a drum, a good sized can and it’s lid, and some kind of stick.” Sparkler said.

“Alright!” The boys said.

And so they started to rummage through the trash they found in the dump. There was a lot of useless and broken stuff that they weren’t really interested in, and the stuff they WERE interested in was either too damaged to work, or just not suitable to work. They searched and searched, but not finding anything. “Wow. Do they not have tissue boxes here?” Spike asked. He pushed more trash away, to find something he wasn’t expecting. “What the…” He reached down, and picked up a strange looking thing. “Uh, hey Sparkler? I think I might have found something.” He said.

Sparkler glanced to where Spike was coming down from the trash pile he was on, as did everypony else. They saw Spike was holding and raised eyebrows as they gathered around him. Spike had found a box that looked like it was unopened. There was writing on the box.

“Sound Master X5 and Beat Mixture J3 combo set?” Lumber read. “What the heck are those?”

Spike used his claw to cut the tape and open the box while Sparkler glanced behind to see more writing. She read it, and her eyes lit up like a hearths warming tree. “You have to be kidding me. It’s a guitar and drum combo!” She exclaimed.

Spike opened the box, and glanced inside. Inside there were two big things. He reached in and pulled out the guitar. “Whoa. I have never seen a guitar like this before.”

Sparkler took a look at the instrument, and saw that the thing had both keys like a piano and strings like a guitar. “It’s a hybrid of a guitar and Keytar.” She said.

“Ooh. Fancy.” Limber said.

While Spike pulled out the other big thing, Sparkler found that the KeyGuitar had a power switch. She flipped it on, and started playing it. Oh Faust did it sound amazing. “Ooh! Sparkler likey.” She said after she stopped playing and turned off the power.

Spike set the drum looking thing down, found ITS power switch, and flipped it on. He tapped on the circular pads and the instrument made noises in response. “Oh Faust we hit the jackpot.” He said.

“Why would somepony throw these out? They look to be in good condition.” Lightning asked.

“Eh, who cares? Their loss.” Trail responded.

Sparkler smiled and shrunk the two things down with her magic. She carefully placed them in Lightning’s Saddlebag, their only storage device, and nodded. “Well, I say we’re done here.” She said as she tossed the box back onto the dump pile.

And so they left. They thanked the pony in his office and hit the road. With the means to make some extra bits at last in their possession.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Before anyone says anything, people have probably thrown stuff out for a single scratch before. And also remember that this is the future. A future we know virtually nothing about so yeah. You can bet I'm gonna make some stuff up. Lol.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next