• Published 5th Mar 2022
  • 1,130 Views, 413 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion - Captain_Cosmos



A simple visit to the Detrot Observatory turns into an unforgettable adventure.

  • ...
5
 413
 1,130

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 12: Heightened Spirits

The song came to an end and the crowd cheered. Lightning, Lumber, Trail, Dark and Light all bowed before the crowd dispersed.

“This is the most fun we’ve ever had with other foals!” Dark commented happily.

“Yeah. It’s always a blast to sing and dance isn’t it.” Trail commented.

Sparkler couldn’t help but chuckle. It had been four days since she became a foster parent to Dark and Light, and the two have been absolutely wonderful. They got along with everypony else, they were eager to perform (something not normally a factor but the situation called for it.) and they rarely, if ever, complained.

“Ok…looks like we got close to 200 bits this time around.” Spike announced. He had taken a look at their box.

“Not a bad turn out.” Lumber commented.

“Yeah.” Lightning said. “Certainly enough for lunch.”

“Once we factor in seven mouths.” Sparkler stated.

At that moment, everypony noticed a gold shockwave pass over them. When it passed Sparkler’s horn, she felt the tingle. She smiled. “We’ve been seeing that shockwave for two days now. That has to mean we’re really close.” She commented.

“Close to finding the rest of your kids?” Light asked.

Sparkler nodded. While she still hadn’t told them yet about the fact that they’re time travelers, she did disclose to Dark and Light that a magical accident separated the family and now they were journeying to hopefully find at least some of the missing kids. Dark smiled. “Hey, the message you’ve been getting said they were waiting for you. So they probably are.” He said.

“I sure hope so.” Sparkler responded. “Anywho, let’s go get lunch.” She said.

They ended up going into a diner. They ordered lunch and sat down at a booth to eat. While eating. Spike noticed something on the television. “Hey, look at that. There’s an Alicorn on the TV.” He said.

Everypony glanced at which TV he was pointing at and saw an orange Alicorn, likely doing a news report.

“Hmm. Nice to know Alicorns still exist here.” Sparkler commented.

“Thank you Sunny Starscout. Back to you in the—“

“I do have one more thing to say if you don’t mind.” The Alicorn cut the reporter off.

“Certainly.” The reporter responded.

The Alicorn nodded. “This is a message for Sparkling Medley.”

Sparkler spat out her drink and her eyes fixed on the TV. She gave the TV her full attention. This Sunny mare had a message for her?

“I don’t know if you’re watching this right now Sparkler, but if you are, I just want to let you know that five of your kids are here. In Maretime Bay.”

Sparkler gasped when her daughter Melody appeared on the TV.

“We’re here mom. We got your tree bark message and we’re staying safe.” Melody said. She then saw Flurry pop up from behind Melody.

“If you’ve been receiving signals, I’ve been the one sending them, guiding you to Maretime Bay. If you’re watching this, now you know where you’re going. We look forward to your group’s safe arrival.” Sunny Starscout finished.

“Huh. Uh, thanks Sunny…back to you in the studio.”

The TV switched to another pony, but Sparkler and the kids paid it no mind. Sparkler’s mind was racing. Oh my Faust…DID WE JUST LEARN WHERE THEY WERE?! She almost couldn’t believe it.

“I take it one of you is Sparkling Medley?” Asked the voice of the bartender.

Sparkler blinked, scrambled out of her seat, and swiftly approached the bar. “Do you have a map we could look at?!” She asked frantically.

The bartender lit his horn and summoned a rolled up map. “Here.” He said.

Sparkler took the map and scrambled back to her group. She carefully cleared everything off the table and unrolled the map. “You guys find Maretime Bay and see how close it is to…what’s the name of this town?” She asked back to the bartender.

“Harmony Hollow.” The Bartender answered.

“Thanks.” Sparkler said. She turned back to her group. “Find Maretime Bay and see how close it is to Harmony Hollow. I’m gonna go find SOMETHING to write a message on.” Sparkler said as she scrambled out of the diner.

Spike and the Alicorn colts smiled. “I can’t believe we finally know where those signals are coming from.” Spike commented as he looked at the map.

A minute later, Sparkler scrambled back into the Diner with a piece of tree bark. The message on it?

“Kids and Sunny Starscout,

We just saw the TV broadcast. We’re in the next town over in Harmony Hollow. We'll book it there as fast as we can. Sunny Starscout, thank you thank you THANK YOU for sending those signals. I’ve received every single one. Whoever’s caring for my kids in my absence, I’m forever grateful to you. please continue to care for them until our arrival.

Sincerely,

Sparkler.”

“Spike, I need you to send this to Melody.” Sparkler said.

“No problem.” Spike responded as he took the message, blew on it, and it shriveled up in ashes and flew off.

Sparkler nodded. “Now, how far away is Maretime Bay?” She asked.

“It’s the next town over.” Trail announced. “Hour or two of flying if we don’t stop.” He said.

Sparkler nodded and turned to Dark and Light. “Do you two know how to fly?” She asked.

“We know how to fly.” Light said.

“But maybe not as fast as you.” Dark admitted.

“We might need tethers then.” Lightning suggested.

“Or Dark and Light hold on to our tails.” Lumber suggested.

Sparkler, after checking the map one more time, rolled it up and gave it back to the bartender. “Thanks sir.” She said. She turned back to her group. “Let’s finish eating and get going. And we’re not stopping till we get to Maretime Bay so also use the restroom if you have to.” Sparkler told them.

“Copy that.” Lightning said as they placed their meals back on the table.

Sparkler nodded and continued eating. She was really feeling that second wind, for she now knew where they were going and where five of her charges were. We’re so close. And if it’s five in Maretime Bay, that means two are still unaccounted for. In all honesty, that was a lot better than Sparkler had been expecting. She was prepared to find only one of her missing kids wherever the signals were leading her. But five was amazing. At long last, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

So close. They're so close.

THANKS FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next