• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 3,111 Views, 279 Comments

Two Wastelanders and A Pony - The Libertarian Brony



Twilight Sparkle brings The Courier and The Lone Wanderer to Equestria.

Comments ( 48 )

The moment you realize the story you've been following has already spent 10 chapters before the main story even began and it took MONTHS just for ONE OF THEM to be published.:applecry:

3049806 That moment when you decide to go ahead and publish the worst chapter of your story to date just to get it out of the way before deciding to rewrite the whole damn story.... And it winds up in the featured box for all to see...

please rewrite I like it but it still hurts to read.

3049814
That moment when both of us just keeps saying "that moment".

Sooo.... I like the chapter but the topic of God seems kinda off, for a good karma lone wanderer refusing to help anyone one the basis of religion is rather out of character perhaps you could have him refuse on the basis that they should not interfere in another world's course. It would be like giving monkeys guns i.e. they aren't ready for them.

then again its not my story so do what ever you want

also what magic is in fallout 3?

Comment posted by The Libertarian Brony deleted Aug 15th, 2013

3049814
Plus, Darren was seriously being an asshole in this chapter.

“So, you rude little shit, why don’t you tell me exactly why we shouldn’t help these ‘ponies’?”

What 'we'? He never said YOU shouldn't help them. Who the hell do you think you are anyway? You can't force him to do something he doesn't want to do!

3049830
Point Lookout, Krivbeknih.

3049830 DLC Point Lookout, black magic-voodoo-book-thing-stuff I was going to get into before I decided to rewrite....

Would prefer if chapters were combined to be longer and that the Courier and Lone Wanderer reflected their experience more, but other than that it's good.

7/10 would read again. :moustache:

heh joshua graham reference

but yeah what creed miles, said it seemed out of character for the lone wanderer to be a fundamentalist, out of place even, his dad may have read the bible but don't think he would've taught him to be like that along with his belief in magic, he was raised in vault for chrissake! after that bit with the overseer i don't think he would've become a bible thumper during his time in the capital wasteland

3049979 You people seem to forget that one of the possible occupations achieved through the G.O.A.T. is that of "Vault Chaplain", a religious occupation. So it's really not that hard to see a Wanderer as being religious. As for his belief in magic? See here 3049838>>3049837.

The basic idea behind my Wanderer (after I do some rewrites and make it good) is, what happens when you take a highly religious man and drag him through the hellish wasteland?

3050011 i have to replay Fallout 3 point lookout :applejackunsure: thats the only add on that i didnt understand

vault chaplain? i always get fry cook:twilightblush:

but the religiousness to the point of absurdity is what drives my ire, the lone wanderer helped the meta humans, a cyborg, radioactively poisoned people who look like zombies etc, what makes the ponies any different? they might as well be mutant horses

Hmmm might keep my eye on this:rainbowdetermined2:

major editing revamp, yes. complete re-write, no.

Looking foward to the next chapter. this fic is great.

I like the character of the Courier, a lot. Probably one of the better versions I've seen. The Lone Wanderer. I like his character, a lot, but after everything he's seen, I never would have expected him to hold on to his religion this much. There are many times when he is asked to help other religious groups and cults before and he hasn't said no. I think that a less religious Lone Wanderer is more likely but it's your story and I'm still going to read it either way. If you want to re-write it, that's your choice, but I think that it's fine the way it is.

I like where this is going, and The Lone Wanderer being a devout christian is something I've never even considered, but I like it. I do think the chapters could be a bit longer, but that's just me.

Okay, here's what's wrong with this: submissive and completely un-respectable Fallout badasses, overpowered ponies, too much telling instead of showing (especially last chapter - I skimmed over half of it). And now the two are discussing about helping the ponies... for RELIGIOUS reasons instead of the much more reasonable political ones – particularly regarding the Courier. Come on, this is ridiculous!
Sorry, but I'm calling bull on all of it, and fully support a complete re-write.

You could do a re-write, just tell your fans you're gonna do it and come back with an improved story and maybe even a new chapter. I've seen many authors already do this.

I've gotta say, I like how this is going, no need for a rewrite. But of course, it's your story. You can take it how you like. I'll find it entertaining either way.

3050407
Who's the crazy person that disliked that comment?

The Courier AND the Lone Wanderer? This has to be good...

3053634 Don't know and don't care, but my guess would be that it's somebody that don't agree whit my comment. :pinkiehappy:

I enjoy the characterization of both of your protagonists, but the 'Another Bible-Thumper' hostility seems very... biased, I'd say. It seems forced, as though the character is not being portrayed from that angle, but rather impersonated. Other than that, I am seriously looking forward to fecal matter impacting rotary equipment within the next chapters. :ajsmug:

3065189 yeah im with this guy. i know at the start he was trying to lead people through a church and such, but the whole "YE AND THUS THE LORD SAID" persona does seem a bit out of nowhere and serving as pointless conflict. surely anyone that uber christian would have done the bad ending enclave poison thing? wash away all the impure in a great flood and other biblical nonsense? other than that, yeah i would like to see more, syour story, do what you like with it. just maybe scale down the whole witch hunter persona on LW, yeah?

A revamp is always, always welcomed. But a rewrite isn't necessary. I really, really liked this chapter, Smitty. Please ignore the few douchecanoes who didn't.

3050011
Also

“I disappear all the time,” Darren said matter-of-factly, “I have plans set up for these kinds of situations.

(Linkara voice)"And I'm going to assume you have too for no reason at all. Come on! Let's go and help these magical ponies we barely know who kidnapped us solve their political dilemma while people are getting eaten alive by mutants and ferals back in the wasteland! "

P.S. Is that what Twilight do whenever she's in trouble and her friends can't help? Kidnap people with more important things to do from other worlds to solve her problems for her? Is she going to kidnap Mario when the library's toilet is jammed?

3212703
Gunna be waiting a while. Total story rewrite in progress. Not uploading anything until the rewritten chapters and at least two new ones are done.

3214222 Why rewrite the story? It seems fine to me...

3215594
Chapters are too short, too fast, and in about ten of them I haven't made it past the first encounter. I have become dissatisfied with Twilight's original reason for grabbing the humans and it needs to change before the story really gets going. I am also exploring the idea of making this a story with alicorn Twilight set either before Equestria Girls or after, which could open up many possibilities for a multiversal situation.... Lot of stuff to do... Yeah this could take a while...

3215645 So you are making the chapters longer so you can get to the point early on, and make small edits where they are needed?

3215759
Yes. There will also be a few more major changes as well... No spoilers...

3216336 By major changes you mean Alicorn Twilight and stuff like that right?

3216510
And other things not stated. Seriously, no spoilers:twilightsmile:

Last chapter: Seven months ago.
Last comment: 24 weeks ago.
Last blog post: 43 weeks ago.
This doesn't look good to me...

4027907 Still working.:fluttershyouch: Life happens.:derpytongue2: I'm not releasing anything else until I'm 100% satisfied with the rewrites I'm making.

4028840 So...? Is it kinda ready?

4028840 My only problem is that the ponies are too strong.

A human is stronger and tougher than a pony on average. Two, the Wanderer with his Power Armor would have been impossible to defeat unless with huge amount of magic.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash would hurt themselves with physical attacks on the guy with Power Armor.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! A story of the wasteland that shows just how crazy things are there. Thank you. I will keep watching for the next chapter.

9465237
Oh well, life comes first over everything, but if you do have the time...
I enjoyed reading this fic and hope to see more.

Comment posted by Schwaboo deleted Oct 21st, 2022

aw man cancelled

Login or register to comment