• Published 4th Sep 2021
  • 271 Views, 13 Comments

Celestine - n3k1dsk1llz



Starlight has started having visions that are near indistinguishable from reality. Will she be able to figure out what’s going on before they ruin her life?

  • ...
1
 13
 271

Epilogue

The three friends were laughing around their empty plates in a beautiful cavern. Maud had invited Trixie and Starlight over for lunch after the insanity of the past few days. It was so nice to finally be with her friends again and not have any weird things happening. Good food. Good friends. Zero drama. This was everything she ever wanted.

"I'm thinking about breaking up with Mudbriar."

All chittering stopped as Trixie and Starlight turned to look at Maud in surprise.

Starlight was the first to speak, "Oh my gosh, Maud, why? Are you okay?"

"Mudbriar is pretty great, but I think I found someone better."

"Oh it's fine then," Trixie picked up another cookie, "I want my friends to only be with the greatest of ponies, as you both know."

"But Maud, you've been with him for a while. Are you sure this isn't something you should just talk to him about?"

Maud reached over to grab Starlight's hoof. Starlight gave it a little squeeze of support. Their eyes met and Starlight gave her a smile.

"I'm just not sure how to tell him that I met the best kisser in Equestria."

Starlight dropped Maud's hoof and stood up indignantly. Trixie exploded in laughter and fell off her stool by the table. Maud herself even had a small grin on her face.

Starlight sat down and huffed, "You guys are jerks."

Trixie got off the floor still giggling "Shut up, Starlight. You know we love you. Have a cookie." Trixie picked up a cookie and shoved it in Starlight's muzzle.

It was a good cookie.

Author's Note:

Man oh man. This is the longest story I’ve written for FimFic. Possibly ever. It took me longer to finish than I care to admit, but here it is. Please forgive minor grammar and spelling mistakes.

Don’t forgive plot holes, pacing issues, and/or deus ex machina. I’m pretty sure I dealt with all of them, but point them out to me angrily below.

Comments ( 7 )

thank you so much for the entry!

11018189
Thank you! I'm glad you were able to connect so quickly.

11018195
yeah I thought long and hard about how to make this weird idea of mine work :pinkiecrazy:

I'm glad it worked for you :pinkiehappy:

and of course, any story where Maud breaks up with Mud Briar to be with Starlight instead will be one where i have to work very hard to not let personal preferences bias my judging too much! overall, i really enjoyed this fic! it was a clever take on the shipping premise that tied into a lot of canon details well in its worldbuilding and characters. it felt like a very "classic" fanfic experience, almost like an episode of a TV show that panders specifically to weird shippers like me. if i had two judge prizes to give, this would have been a strong contender for the second one. thank you for writing it!

11022876
Thank you so much :heart:

I read though all you comments and they were all so encouraging. I'm super happy that you enjoyed my little bit of craziness and that's honestly the only prize I need :pinkiehappy:

The shipping is strong in this one. :)

Login or register to comment