• Published 21st Feb 2021
  • 7,272 Views, 197 Comments

The Young Prince of Equestria - GoebelTron



Saved by his parents from death when he was a baby, saved by Celestia who found and raised him as her son, but what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bowen Mockingjay? Follow his adventures as he learns from his own experience.

  • ...
11
 197
 7,272

Chapter XXI: Unwanted Attention

One relaxing morning, Daisy and Bessy were relaxing after finishing up their gardening, before they unexpectedly noticed something or someone from behind, as they knew who it was.

“Don’t even think about it,” Bessy said.

It was none other than Bowen, who was now 16 years old.

“How’d you know it was me?” he asked.

“Don’t get me wrong, sugar. We know enough to suspect you attempting a prank on us,” Bessy said.

“Where were you earlier?” Daisy asked.

“I thought you knew everything,” Bowen said.

“Shouldn’t you be delivering the cart of meat to the village’s butcher shop?” Daisy asked.

“Alright, I’m on it,” Bowen said, as he left the hut.

“And could you take the crates full of fruit and vegetables with you please?” Daisy asked. “They need to go to the marketplace in the village.”

“Yeah, sure thing,” Bowen replied, as he left with the food in the cart.


As Bowen arrived in the village to deliver the meat to the butcher’s shop, as always, he would make a quick stop to visit the Guardians of Griffonstone. The day was totally nice, as he greeted everycreature he encountered before they greeted back.

When Bowen reached the produce stand and unloaded the crates from his cart, there were 3 ponies talking with who appeared to be Ezylryb, but he immediately noticed this wasn’t a casual visit, but some sort of riot. One was a unicorn with tan fur and sand tan clothes, while two earth ponies beside him were wearing gray leather jackets on them, except one of them was bluish purplish gray and the other was olive green.

“Tell us! Where is he? We know he is hidding around here!” the unicorn said, threatening Ezylryb.

“How should I know? Even if I knew, you’d have to kill me because I’d never tell some villainous scoundrels like you three!” Ezylryb replied.

“Oh, he’s being all tough and stuff, boss,” the blue earth pony said.

“You better do something fast!” the green earth pony said.

“SHUT UP, BOYS! I CAN HANDLE THIS!” The unicorn then lit up his horn after pressing his hoof down on his neck, choking the pony, “You’re lying! You think you’re tough, old man? You haven’t seen nothing yet. But if you don’t tell me what I want to know in five seconds, I’ll. . .”

At that moment before he would finish, the unicorn felt a sword a few inches away from his neck. After his two minions pointed to the sound of his voice, he turned his head carefully and saw that it was Bowen with a stern look and holding his spear in the other hand.

“Just what were you about to do?”

After the unicorn set Ezylryb free, Bowen removed the sword from his neck and backed off in case they tried something stupid.

“Splatter, you ever see this guy before?” the pony in grey and green asked.

“Not really, Dodge. Why?” the purple and gray pony now named Splatter replied.

“You okay?” Bowen asked the old griffon, who nodded in reply.

“Now, as for you three!” Bowen pointed his spear towards the thugs, as the two earth ponies started shaking.

“We were uhh… uhh… just about done!” Dodge said.

“Yeah, what he said!” Splatter replied in agreement.

“WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP?!” The unicorn’s eyes widened even more while his anger increased, he was about to light up his horn to kill this creature but decided to back off. Now was not the time to attract any unwanted attention.

“When I’m done with my business here, I promise you’ll pay for this next time I see you again. Come on, fellas.”

“Coming, boss!” his partners, Splatter and Dodge responded.

As the three ponies started to leave the city, Bowen and Ezylryb saw them leave. Once they were out of sight, Bowen asked, “Who were those guys?”


At Ezylryb’s room in the Guardians’ home, Ezylryb explained to Bowen who the three thugs were, “Those three were Diesel Thunderbolt and his two companions, Splatter and Dodge, three low life treasure hunters and notorious thieving thugs who are very well known in any other region in Equestria, including Griffonstone.”

“What did they want here?” Bowen asked, feeling confused.

“It appears they want to cause trouble for some obvious reason,” Ezylryb replied.

“Are they always like this?” Bowen asked.

“That’s correct,” Ezylryb replied.

Bowen then noticed something that he saw a few years back that happened with Ben, so he asked, “Ezylryb, a few years back, when I was playing with Groot, I saw Uncle Ben reading something in the cabin, but it somehow seemed to upset him. Do you think you know what it was he was reading?”

Ezylryb then chuckled, “You mean he never told you?”

“Told me what?” Bowen asked.

Ezylryb then sighed, “That cranky old minotaur, he knows he doesn’t have much ti-”

“You can stop there, gramps!” another voice interrupted him, when they turned around, they saw Daisy and Bessy, along with Groot, Verne and Ratchet entering the hut.

“Bessy? Daisy? Why are you all here?” Bowen asked.

“We heard about what happened,” Daisy said.

“Let me guess, those three burglars?” Bowen asked.

“They came to our home and asked us, including everyone else who knew Ben,” Daisy said.

“Sheesh, it’s been like two or three years since those three scumbags came,” Ratchet commented. “They just don’t know when to give up.”

“Every time they go to every home or village, they always tease or threaten others, randomly steal or damage their property, and just walk away after trying to get the information they need,” Verne said.

“They’ve got some nerve barging into our door without knocking for some reason!” Bessy said.

“So they’ve been attacking other villages because of… Uncle Ben!” Bowen said, as he knew something was wrong. He exited the hut in a flash, before noticing smoke coming from the forest.

“Oh no, the forest is on fire!” Verne said.

“We’re not blind, Verne! We can see it from here!” Ratchet said.

Bowen then looked closely, “No, I don’t think so! The smoke is not that big to be a fire, but… it looks like the smoke is coming from. . . OH NO!”

Bowen proceeded to run as fast as he could to where the smoke was coming from, with the others worried about Bowen’s reaction.

Author's Note:

This is what I made the three thugs based on:

Comments ( 5 )

great chapter worth the wait

11336292
Will we see Blueblood get what he deserved for the murder of Silver Spear?

11473502
Maybe, maybe not.

Well worth the wait great chapter

Login or register to comment