• Published 21st Feb 2021
  • 7,271 Views, 197 Comments

The Young Prince of Equestria - GoebelTron



Saved by his parents from death when he was a baby, saved by Celestia who found and raised him as her son, but what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bowen Mockingjay? Follow his adventures as he learns from his own experience.

  • ...
11
 197
 7,271

Chapter XX: Growing Up

’Since the day I found out I was a “human”, I begun feeling a lot more at peace, even though I will never see anyone like me. Thanks to Uncle Ben’s words, I can now keep going, without giving up. We visited the Guardians of Griffonstone more most of the time and I answered many of Mr. Ezylryb’s questions. He is a good griffon, but he’s sometimes a little bit awkward but in a good way. Many things have changed. I befriended some of the villagers in the city, but sometimes playing with their children can be hard. I can say that I have a good life here, meaning I don’t even need to use a mask anymore, at least not in this city. All of them accepted me as I am. Over the past months, Uncle Ben taught Bowen many amazing things about survival, and how to adapt with the wilderness around me. I don’t know what I would have done if Uncle Ben wouldn’t have found me that night, or else I’d probably be dead by now.’

While Bowen lived with Ben, he decided to advocate himself by learning how to adapt in the wilderness, and helped him with some other chores.

One time, he accidentally fell off a branch, landing in a pile of mud and a few raked leaves, nervously smiling at Ben, who just shrugged and shook his head, knowing that he was just having a little fun.

Fishing with Ben, Bowen tugged his fishing rod, and when he pulled it out, he caught the biggest bass he ever saw, and tried to get it to hold still.

A stag was sharpening his antlers with a tree, while Bowen tried to make himself a spear with a sharp rock and then knew that it was sharp enough.

He then saw Groot bull riding a chinchilla like in a rodeo.

When the winter finally came, Bowen, in his winter gear made by Daisy, went sledding with Groot, Ratchet and Verne, leaving a huge splash of snow in front of Ben, Bessy and Daisy, as they were covered in snow while shoveling snow and gathering more firewood.

Daisy also gave him more clothes, since she was an expert at clothes making. They were a white sleeveless vest with a silver zipper and a grayish blue backside and a black collar, black cloth wristbands, some denim cargo pants in blue with a black belt and a pair of sneakers in white, gray and yellow.

Later on, it’s been one year since Ben found Bowen. Today, he took a decision to train Bowen if he needed to be stronger and to know how to defend himself during hunting season.

The next winter, Bowen got a cold from standing outside in the cold naked. Bessy and Daisy were furious about it at first.

Bowen then tried catching some fireflies for a lantern but he accidentally fell into a swamp full of Cragadiles, as he dodged each of them thanks to the basic training from Ben.

Later on, Bowen received his own hunting gear, a sword and scabbard and a handheld spear with a sheath for the tip. He decided to try out his spear by getting some fruit of some trees, making them into a kebab, and then took them, washed and ate them, but shared some with Groot. What he noticed was Ben reading some scrolls, but felt a little sad while reading.

During the summertime, he managed to try out somersaulting, while wearing a new pair of swim shorts, through a herd of elephants and then cannonballed into the river for a nice swim, and then swam across.

Bowen’s third winter with Ben paid off, since he could now last up to 1 hour without clothes in the snow, due to training his body to take high temperatures as well.

They hunted more to have money to afford the usage of saunas in the city’s spa.

As with the cold, the first days were horrible but after some weeks, his body started to get used to hot temperatures as well.

When there was a heavy rain storm at Bessy and Daisy’s house, Bowen fixed their roof with some spare wood given by Groot, and then made some repairs with some rope and vines to tie it shut.

Most of the time, Bowen and Ben had some sparring with each other, but Bowen would always win.

Bowen one time caught Groot leaving a huge pile of shedded wood, as he saw him as a teenager now, but also had a potty mouth.

After some months of training, Bowen finally got through this throwing knives thing, and through the smoke bombs.

When Bowen saw a huge snake, he lured it through every root of every tree, until it ended up tangled with its coils stuck on the roots and leaving Bowen unamused with a sly smirk on his face.

After it took five years of training, Bowen finally managed to defeat a manticore and a chimera by himself without a single scratch!

Bowen could jump very high, run very fast, he even has some muscles, and was very agile.

After climbing up a waterfall, he stood up on a cliff and enjoyed a nice view of the sunset from the horizon.

(end of song)

Author's Note:

Rights for the song goes to Phil Collins and Disney

I also might have made this for Bowen’s clothes: