• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 2,098 Views, 51 Comments

Strangers in a strange land - Snowy Flanks



Andy and his newphew are some how sent to Equestria, how will they adjust to their new lives?

  • ...
2
 51
 2,098

It was an eventful life

5 YEARS LATER

Baker had to rush to get Light to school so he could get back to his bookstore. Business had been slow at the start but now he had enough understanding of the business to keep himself and Light in a stable situation. He had moved out from the library and now lived right about his store. He really enjoyed being able to provide books to all the ponies who came by and enjoyed the friendly computation he had with Twilight on how could serve the most ponies.

“Remember kid, first thing when you get in the room is introduce your self to Ms. Belle. If she going to be teaching you for the next few years you’re going to want to make a good impression” Said Baker adjusting Light’s travel bags one last time.

Light nodded “I know Uncle Baker, I’m just glad Apple Toast and Sonic Screw are in class with me”

“Yah it’s good to have friends in class, just don’t forget to say hello to Appleshine during recess, He will know all the best places to hang out”

Light hugged Baker really tight and skipped by the stairs to he new school. Baker laughed at his nephew excitement and rushed back home to open shop.


9 YEARS LATER

Baker and Light had been cornered on there latest trip to Canterlot. They were surrounded by unicorns who were shouting at them from all angles. He had taken Light to a convention to see Siren Song’s speech and somehow been yanked on stage for a demonstration. When the presenter had taken his blood to show the advances into genome mapping and had discovered that his seemingly 40 year old body was only 16 years old he had been loudly dragged to the a royal pegasus guard named Snowcone and accused of being a changling spy. With such a large and public commotion having been made and Baker unable to explain himself it seemed like he was going to be speeding sometime in jail, until Princess Luna pushed her way through the crowds.

“CITIZENS OF CANTERLOT! I am Princess Luna and I shall explain everything”

Princess Luna then told the gathered ponies the same story the Baker had told the royal sisters when he first arrived to Equestria, except for the part about My Little Pony being a television show. Suffice to say the ponies had a hard time believing in the existence of parallel universes but they were not about to disagree with their princess so Baker and Light were set free


6 YEARS LATER

It was exactly twenty years to the minute when it happened Baker was visiting Light in his new home when there was a flash of light and the unicorn and zebra found themselves floating in a white emptiness. Then two holes opened up, one showed Ponyville in all of its splendor while the other showed a family room filled with a family that Baker had almost forgotten. Baker began to move as best he could to this window when he checked over his shoulder and saw Light moving towards the other window.

“Where are you going Light?”

“Back home” said Light looking happily into Ponyville.

“You know your parents are not going to like this when I tell them”

“Baker I am 22 years old now, they will just have to adapt”

“Well I guess this is where we split ways little guy, give all the ponies back in Ponyville my love will yah?”

“Sure if you promise to talk to ma and dad when you get back”

“I will”

With that the two beings split away and Baker pushed his way thorugh the window to the human world.


The Walterson and Burson family was sitting in there family room looking at an aged and yellow picture. It was the anniversary of the worst day of there lives and even now it still hurt. So it was a great surprise when Andy dropped in from the ceiling and broke the table.

‘Hi everybody, I hope I am not to late”

The next hour was filled with hugs, kisses and questions asked in rapid fire succession, Andy knew that his family would never believe that he had spent the last twenty years as a pony so he had to think quickly.

“I think me and Jermaine fell through a worm whole of some kind, we wound by arrived naked in the forest of a small town. Luckily we found some people who were willing to help us we managed to survive. It was not easy and I have no idea when or where we were but I can say that both of use were happy”

“But how did you get back?”

“I have no idea. There was another flash of light and we were both floating in the thing. Two paths opened up I took the one back here and I guess Jermaine choose to stay wherever we were”

“WHAT!?” screamed Alexis grabbing Andy by his collar “Why didn’t you drag him back here? Why would he even want to stay?”

“First of all he is 22 years old, he can make his own choices, secondly he arrived when he was 2, he has known that world far longer then this one, and third and in my opinion most importantly, His wife Sapphire was pregnant with his first child, why would he abandon all of that to come back to a world that he only remembers from my stories?” said Andy.

Alexis and Ethan were not happy with what Andy had said and stormed out of the house, but Andy found that did not mind much, he was back home and maybe he could finally find someone out there to love he had been lonely for some many years.

That night when his family finally let him go to sleep he looked out at the heavens and he knew that somewhere, someplace Light was looking at another night sky. He felt at peace with that.

Comments ( 11 )

And that is the end of Baker's story. BTW all the characters introduced in the epilogue are the children of the Mane 6, see if you can figure out who is who.

very nice. The ending does feel somewhat rushed though.

1632485 endings always seem rushed for me

Agree with the others, the story was nice and interresting, until the end wich is totally rushed.

1632485>>1632531>>1632602
To be honest, I ran out of ideas. I didn't want the story to limp on so I finished it with a flash forward, I wish I could have done better but this is all I had left.

:unsuresweetie:While I have to say that the flash forward wasn't the best strategy for that point in the story, overall it was pretty darn good.:ajsmug:

I'm disappointed that there's no analysis of the beliefs and languages mentioned when the protagonist reorganised Ponyville's public library but apart from that, and your acknowledgement of A Canterlot Wedding, this is a marvellous work.

i hate year skip like it ruin the story for sequel and confuse.

Well that was obviously a quick ending but I can’t help but post this.

That's an abrupt ending, but better than nothing really. Thank you for completing the story.

So it was a great surprise when Andy dropped in from the ceiling and broke the table.

Login or register to comment