• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Mystery of the Caretaker

Chapter Forty: Mystery of the Caretaker

Screams filled the air of Coruscant as a massive beast rampaged heading towards a single area. A wounded trooper fired at the creature trying to keep it from reaching its destination when a hand was placed on his shoulder and a kind voice spoke. “You should lie down. If you continue on your wounds will get even worse.”

The trooper stumbled to the side before slumping down as a hand reached down taking the helmet off. A hooded young woman set it to the side kneeling just out of sight as she healed the trooper. “I wish I could bring you peace, but you have a duty to protect. I will do what I can to help. Afterwards I will ask you an important question.”

The young woman walked back into view as she walked to the place where the clone had been standing. Pale yellow wings spread as she held out her hand. The beast stilled before turning its head in her direction. It did not take long for the Zillo Beast to reach her. Instead of attacking, it watched her carefully as she spoke quietly. “Let me take you away from here, so your species can recover.”

The Zillo Beast let out a low growl before lowering its head against her hand. It closed its eyes as she pressed her head against its own. A light green and pink energy passed between the both of them. A tear fell from the female as she pulled back petting the Zillo beast. She took out a vial out saying. “I cannot dissuade you from this, then let me bring your species back. Away from the Dugs and their vile poisons.”

The Zillo Beast looked at the vial in thought then reached for an area that had been untouched by the Malastarian Fuel. It dug its claws drawing the smallest bit of blood dropping it into the vial. It returned the vial nuding the young woman who reached forward placing her wing against its face. Her hand reached up removing her hood as long pink locks flowed forth as she hugged it once again allowing her turquoise eyes to slide shut. The Zillo Beast let out a rumble before pulling away and continued on towards the Senate Building. The woman bowed her head, shoulders shaking before she took a deep breath. She turned to look at the trooper saying with a shaking voice. “I know you have a duty to protect, I know you take that duty seriously, not just you and your brothers but the Jedi as well. I will give you a choice, I cannot let you remember me but I wish to see you away from this war. Too many lives have already been lost and I do not want you to be one of them. Will you let me take you away?”

“I can’t leave my brothers behind.” the clone said out of sight and the young woman sighed. “I understand.”

She held out her hand as she whispered. “Forget what you have seen here. Let the known become unknown and the one you have seen tame the beast become unseen.”

The clone let out a groan as he collapsed to the ground. The young woman picked up the helmet and placed it gently on his head as she turned to leave.

“Pause it there.” Obi-wan spoke as the image froze and he approached it. “I believe this is the one who broke into Rainbow’s apartment.”

“In agreement, we are. Fluttershy, we believe, this is.” Yoda said looking at the image. The young woman, despite the dark, was slightly illuminated by a necklace around her neck. Her skin held the same pale and light grayish gold color as her wings. The cloak she wore was tailored around her wings, small images of butterflies could be seen woven into the fabric.

“This could also be the Caretaker that the battle droid spoke about.” Anakin pointed out and Obi-wan nodded his head. “Could they be the same person?”

“Find out, you must. Her powers, in Dooku’s hands, they must not fall.” instructed Yoda as Obi-wan nodded his head speaking in thought. “I might know of someone who could help.”

“Then go.” Mace Windu said, Anakin looked a little annoyed asking. “What about Rainbow Dash?”

“Count Dooku will not harm Rainbow Dash, especially with the lengths he went to retrieve her. We will find her, but we cannot simply divert our attention to finding her. Let us leave that up to the Senate Bureau of Intelligence.”

Anakin took a deep breath before bowing and leaving. He was upset that they couldn’t go after them. He considered Rainbow Dash to be a good friend and asset in the war. He knew they couldn’t abandon her or just hold off on rescuing her. He knew though that he would be showing his attachment to his friend if he did protest. ‘Please be alright Rainbow Dash and hold on. We’ll find you and get you out of there.’ Anakin prayed mentally.


Jelu walked around Rainbow’s apartment looking for an area to place the shard that had appeared in his hands. He knew that she must have sent it to him, to keep it out of Seperatist hands. The guilt was weighing on his mind. If he had not gone with Dooku, if he had waited in the cell, none of this would have happened. ‘It might have though, Dooku would still have traded the lives of everyone in the city.’ he told himself before sitting down at the table. The apartment felt emptier than before, without the clones messing around or Rainbow Dash nothing felt right. Jelu sat down spying what seemed to be a letter and decided to take a small look. A frown grew on his face as he realized that it was written in Rainbow’s native language. Sighing he stood up before walking away not even seeing a figure sit down at the table where he once was. It picked up the letter reading it out loud in a deep masculine voice.

“Dear Princess Celestia or Twilight or whoever’s reading this,

I don’t know if you have realized that I’m gone or Fluttershy is too. I’m in a strange place, a different world even. The rules of magic don’t really apply here, well they might in the term of “Force-user” they’re kind of like Unicorns, but it’s more based on the individual than an entire species. I miss you guys so much, but I have to find Fluttershy. If I could return home and she isn’t there then I would feel like I abandoned her. Just like when I got angry and started this whole mess. If I had listened to her and talked to her about the whole mess with Daring Do she wouldn’t have ran off. This is my fault and I’m not coming back without her. I just hope all of you understand, it might be some time before I see you all again. I might bring back a few friends as well. I get a feeling they see me more as a little sister but I don’t know. They’re all clones but each of them is different. Different heart, different mind, same blood. I can’t wait for all of you to meet them.

~Rainbow Dash”

The man folded the letter before placing it in his bag as he turned and vanished into thin air whistling a melody unheard by anyone.

To be continued in Clone Wars: Year 2

Author's Note:

And that is it for this fanfic. Don't worry, I'm not planning on leaving it like that. I do have a plan but the next part won't come out for a while. Look forward to my other works and thank you for reading.

Comments ( 2 )

I hope that everyone has enjoyed the fanfic!

Oh I hate cliffhangers. But good story, I enjoyed ig

Login or register to comment