• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Intruder

Chapter Twenty Five: Intruder

“You know, you don’t have to follow us. We’re just reporting in.” Rainbow said as she looked at Anakin.

“I know, I just want to have a chat with your commanding officer. Make sure everything is alright.” Anakin responded and Xestu gave him a sideways glance.

“Xestu!” a voice called out as Verga ran up, the worry evident on his face. Xestu held up his hand saying. “I’m alright cousin, we need to report to the Colonel and I can tell you what happened after.”

“I was just making sure.” Verga’s face broke out into a grin before seeing Anakin and saluted. “Sir.”

“At ease.” Anakin said as Rainbow and Xestu moved on. It didn’t take long for him to catch up asking. “Why don’t you salute me?”

“Do you want me too?” Rainbow Dash shot back earning a chuckle. “Only when we’re in public. It’s a sign of respect.”

“I know,” Rainbow Dash sighed before shrugging her shoulders. “Oh would you look at that, we’re here.”

The door slid open revealing Shae standing in front of Colonel Pir. “Kory would have been a better choice to take over for Rainbow Dash sir. I don’t mind Senator Amidala but the rest of them….”

“Lyrua.” Shae’s mouth snapped shut at the stern tone in Pir’s voice. “The reason I gave you Dash’s assignment, temporarily, is because you react to danger quickly despite wanting to otherwise….”

Pir’s eyes glanced up before he shot to his feet saluting Anakin. “Sir.”

“See.” Anakin looked at Rainbow Dash who just made an obvious eye roll. “At ease. Thought I’d drop off these two.”

“We have our reports ready sir.” Xestu spoke up before walking forward with Rainbow Dash and handing the datapad to Pir. He nodded his head before beginning to read it. Shae frowned a bit before looking at the other two.

“I see you are still alive Xestu.” she commented, moving to stand next to them. Xestu nodded his head, Pir clearing his throat. Shae went quiet, her finger tapping against her legs. He glanced up at them and they straightened their backs.

“You’re dismissed.” he said after a bit, watching as they filed out. “Is there something I can help you with General Skywalker?”

“You know, I was thinking a lot of those who joined the Navy don’t really get any experience.” Anakin began just as the door slid shut behind him. Rainbow Dash looked back before shrugging her shoulders and looking at Shae.

“You didn’t have fun watching over a Senator?” Rainbow Dash asked, earning a glare from Shae. “What? I had to do that until….”

“Until the Senator got lured into a trap and you got hurt.” Shae continued the story shaking her head. “We’ve all heard the reason why you got reassigned to Kamino. Xestu I’m surprised you weren’t killed.”

“Didn’t stop the Master Chief from trying.” Xestu commented as Anakin walked out of the office. “I probably should be going. I don’t think those reports are going to deliver themselves.”

“Hold on you guys, you just got back. Why don’t you take a break, relax. In fact, I want to meet the rest of the guys you trained with.” Anakin told them and Rainbow Dash stared at him suspiciously. “What? I want to meet them and I also have something to tell them.”

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to some of the Clones I know.” Rainbow Dash said to the other recruits. “And Anakin, you could join us you know.”

“Yeah, but I think I’ll meet all of you at your apartment. I’ve got something to take care of first and something to tell you guys later.” Anakin waved as they walked away. He smiled a bit to himself before heading off to Rainbow Dash’s apartment. He knew that it would be the best place to tell them, after all it had enough room.

“Obi-Wan, I’m going to need you to meet me at Rainbow’s place. I’ve got something that could help with strengthening relations. I’m going to need to tell you before I tell them because you’ll get on my case if I don’t.” Anakin spoke over his communicator, earning a sigh from Obi-Wan. “What are you planning, Anakin?”

“I’ll tell you when I meet you at her place.” Anakin replied before closing the line. He walked out of the building to his speeder.


Obi-Wan was waiting for him when he arrived with his arms crossed.

“So, what is this brilliant idea of yours Anakin?” Obi-Wan asked as they headed towards the lift.

“I was thinking of actually using the recruits, bring them along as observers so they can get a true grasp of the situation and working with the Clones.” Anakin explained as they entered the lift and it began to ascend. Obi-Wan stroked his beard in thought before saying. “You will have to discuss this with….”

“I’ve already talked to their commanding officer and the Chancellor. He wants to meet with us in person to discuss the finer details.” Anakin cut in as they made it to the top and walked into the entrance hall.

“Why didn’t you fill Rainbow Dash in on this plan?” Obi-Wan asked and Anakin grinned saying. “I wanted it to be a surprise.”

The door to the apartment slid open causing both of them to stop.

“I thought Tinker fixed this.” Anakin said before his head jerked up looking into the apartment.

“I sense it too.” Obi-Wan moved in first ready to face any intruder. They moved into the apartment, their eyes glancing around. Humming filled the air and they moved towards it ending up in the Living Quarters. The door slid open revealing a cloaked figure setting up a table.

“Excuse me, but I believe this apartment has already been claimed.” Obi-Wan spoke up and the figure turned around quickly in surprise. “I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

“Oh… I didn’t… I just wanted to give her a present.” the figure spoke waving her hands in the air looking at the table. “She’s been working really hard.”

“Who are you?” Anakin asked, his eyes narrowing and the figure moved backwards. “How do you know Rainbow Dash?”

The stranger stumbled over her words before raising her hand. “Please forget that I was here.”

Both Anakin and Obi-Wan felt a haze upon their minds. Anakin gritted his teeth before using the Force to push the stranger back. Her head jerked up to look at him, cyan eyes widening before she straightened up.

“I don’t want to hurt you, but you cannot remember my presence here.” she spoke softly, Obi-Wan frowned as they ignited their lightsabers. The stranger took a step back before taking something off her belt. A hum filled the air as did a soft pink light. Anakin jumped forward as Obi-Wan followed closely behind. The stranger barely managed to block the blows with a squeak. She could barely keep up with the two trained Jedi yet she did her best to get past them to the exit.

“Caretaker, come in.” a voice spoke from a communicator and her eyes widened glancing down at it. She pressed a button saying. “Kyber, not now.”

“Is everything alright?” Kyber asked as the Caretaker blocked a blow from Obi-Wan before spinning out of the way from Anakin’s attack.

“Uh… no, I was discovered by two Jedi.” the Caretaker replied, backing up panting slightly. “I will need some help getting out of here. Please.”

“Understood Caretaker.” the communication was closed and she looked at the two of them saying. “Let me pass, please, I meant no harm.”

“Why were you here in the first place?” Obi-Wan question and the Caretaker glanced towards them before shaking her head. “You know something.”

“I can not tell you, I can’t meet her this soon. I am sorry.” the Caretaker told them her voice trembling as her hand lifted. Two chairs were thrown towards the Jedi and they jumped out of the way. The Caretaker made it into the main room with them following. They moved blocking off both exits lightsabers at the ready. The Caretaker deactivated her own before changing her stance, she activated it again. One blade, then two. Anakin and Obi-Wan looked at each other before jumping towards her. She blocked both of their strikes before jumping backwards. She circled around before throwing her lightsaber towards the window watching it break. She bolted jumping out of the window, the Jedi not far behind. She landed on the balcony running towards the edge, she turned around looking at Obi-Wan and Anakin.

“What interest do you have in Rainbow Dash?” Obi-Wan asked and she looked down before looking at him shaking her head. Her hands were trembling as she spoke. “I can’t say, I’m sorry, please Master Jedi just forget.”

Obi-Wan grabbed his head and Anakin charged forward and the Caretaker took one step backwards dropping off the edge. He dove after her only to get a cloak in his face and his body stopped. His eyes widened seeing pink hair before it vanished past the speeders. He was pulled back to the balcony just as a ship flew past them. Anakin got onto his communicator to head the ship off. Obi-Wan was stroking his beard.

“We have to go, follow them.” Anakin said but Obi-Wan held up his hand. “Master….”

“Anakin leave that up to the Fleet, I’m sure they can handle one ship.” Obi-Wan told him as his eyes glanced off to the side. “There is something familiar about the Caretaker.”

“You can’t be serious, I would remember if we met someone like that before.” Anakin said, crossing his arms across his chest.

“No, it was before when I was Master Qui-gon’s Padawan. I just can’t remember the incident.” sighed Obi-Wan before turning to look at the window. “We should get that replaced.”

“I’m not paying for it.” Anakin said, patting him on the shoulder. “I’m going to check with Admiral Yularan, see if they managed to catch this Caretaker.”

“You best have a good explanation before Rainbow Dash arrives.” Obi-Wan called after him as he sent in a requisition for a new window rubbing his forehead. “This is becoming a bigger mystery than it already was. “