• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,027 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,027

The Assignment

Rainbow Dash sat on her balcony watching the speeders passby. She blinked as she curled her wings around herself. ‘What is Fluttershy doing? At least I assume that it was Fluttershy. The strands were the ones I summoned when I look for her.’ Rainbow Dash buried her face into her hands. She heard a speeder approach and a voice call out. “Hey Rainbow Dash! You busy?”

‘Wait…’

“Rainbow?” a shadow blocked the light from Rainbow causing her to look up to see a familiar face though something was off.

“Zenith? Can Twi’leks grow hair?” Rainbow asked, staring into the familiar light blue eyes. Zenith grinned as she replied. “Part Twi’lek. I’ve got a little Chiss, Human, Twi’lek, and something that no one can identify. We’re guessing it’s where the abundance of hair comes from. Shouldn’t you be going to see Master Yoda or something?”

“I’m working my way up to it.” responded Rainbow as her eyebrows furrowed. “How did you know about me going to see Master Yoda?”

“Because, I was the one who was taunting you before you started training. I couldn’t figure out if it was a one time thing or not. You kind of answered my question.” Zenith pointed out and Rainbow’s eyes widened. “I was asked to do that, some of the higher ups didn’t really like the fact that the Chancellor kind of dropped you on them and Pir was the only one who decided to take any action. He asked me to get the drop on you and see how you would react. I just thought it would be interesting.”

“He must have liked your assessment then.” Rainbow mumbled burying her face into her knees again. A hand touched her shoulder lightly as Zenith asked with worry in her voice. “What’s wrong?”

“I think my friend, the one I’m looking for, I think she might be in trouble. I just don’t know what to do. Right now I can’t help her, but I can’t just sit here and do nothing. I have to be out there… and I get it, you want to keep an eye on the people who just got out of training. But I can’t do that!” Rainbow said her voice muffled by her own knees. Zenith was quiet for a moment before saying. “I’m sure that your friend got out of there. I mean, you can still summon those strand thingies right?”

“Yeah.” Rainbow glanced over at Zenith who gave her a firm nod before grinning. “Then she’s got to be alright, maybe a little scratched up and if you don’t see any battle droids around her that mean she hasn’t been caught by the Separatists.”

“You know, you’re right!” Zenith grinned as Rainbow Dash spoke watching her climb to her feet. “I’ve got to do what I can right now! The only time I can get worried is if I can’t see her. Thanks Zenith… did you get into a lot of trouble because of what happened?”

Zenith went quiet before shaking her head saying. “Don’t worry about that I….”

“I don’t blame you.” interrupted Rainbow glancing at Zenith as she spread her wings. Zenith laughed as she headed back to her speeder. “A girl’s gotta look after herself in a galaxy like this! See you later Rainbow Dash!”

“See ya!” Rainbow called after her before leaping off the balcony as Zenith folded her arms across her chest as she sat down in her speeder.

“Hmmm… something challenging for her that’ll keep her distracted from finding her.” she muttered under her breath. A grin grew on her face as she flew towards the location of a well known senator. “There is always one thing I can count on. Someone who wants to help and is in danger constantly!”


Rainbow Dash landed at the Jedi temple, her wings folding behind her as she looked around. She noticed a lot more Jedi walking around than usual. ‘I guess they got done with a few missions. Well onto my personal mission to find Master…’ Rainbow’s thoughts were interrupted as a voice called out to her. “If you are looking for Master Yoda he is currently unavailable at the moment.”

Rainbow spun around seeing Obi-wan standing behind her with a smile on his face. She grinned saying. “Good to see that you’re still in one piece. Off on another mission soon?”

“When Anakin gets back yes and I do believe congratulations are in order.” Obi-Wan replied as Rainbow rubbed the back of her head. “I heard that you had inspired the group of recruits you were with several times.”

“They did need a few reminders of what the Republic is fighting for.” Rainbow chuckled before rubbing her eyes.

“You’ve been having dreams again, haven’t you?” questioned Obi-Wan earning a nod from Rainbow Dash. “Do you want to share or should I start guessing?”

“There isn’t much to them, I’m just worried. All I saw was gold eyes behind a gold mask, what looked to be a lightsaber shattering, and a hand grasping a pink crystal. No blade shards though….” Rainbow trailed off as she cast a sideways glance up towards Obi-Wan who was stroking his beard. “Anything catch your attention?”

“Possibly, I do want to look into something first. Is this the first time you had this dream?” Obi-Wan’s next question caused Rainbow to sigh. “They have been recurring for at least a day or so, haven’t they?”

“Yup.” Rainbow grumbled before shaking her head. “I think it’s just anxiety over being stuck here while the fighting is going on out there.”

“I’m sure you’ll find your way to your friend eventually. It will require patience.” Obi-Wan told her leaning forward slightly to look her in the eyes. Rainbow hung her head as she replied. “I know, I just….”

A beeping sound from her communicator cut her off causing her to sigh.

“I’ve got to take this, thanks for the talk!” Rainbow said, meeting Obi-Wan’s gaze before walking away. Obi-Wan stood up straight observing her as she answered the call. Her head bobbed before her brows furrowed slightly. She looked back at Obi-Wan before hanging and walked over.

“Is everything alright?” inquired Obi-Wan, Rainbow nodded her head before she responded. “Yeah, Colonel Pir wants me to go to the Senate Plaza for my assignment. Which is weird, because I heard everyone reported to the headquarters. I just find it strange and I’m being treated differently.”

“I think that you should find out what your assignment is before you say that you are being treated differently. It could be that Colonel Pir has entrusted you with a different task.” Rainbow’s shoulders dropped and felt Obi-Wan place a hand on her shoulder as he spoke those words. “You have already proven yourself to the Clones and that shows in the way you act. I trust their judgement, you should too.”


“Thanks General Kenobi.” Rainbow said as she noticed the slight smile on his face. “I should go, thanks for the pep talk!”

Obi-Wan removed his hand and watched as Rainbow Dash ran towards the edge and jumped off her wings flapping as she flew away. A frown grew on his face as he thought about what she had said about the lightsaber shattering. The Clones had discovered parts of a double-bladed lightsaber on Hypori and yet it had not been wielded by any of the Jedi present. It was also strange that just the Kyber Crystal had gone missing. ‘Perhaps her friend is more involved than we originally thought.’ he mused before heading into the temple to consult the survivors to find out if they had sensed anything.


Rainbow Dash was amazed at the sight of the Senate Plaza, she had to admit that Coruscant was still amazing despite the monotone appearance of the buildings. She moved towards the Senate tower spotting Colonel Pir quiet easily. She saluted him properly before he indicated for her to relax.

“Uh, sir? Why are we here?” she questioned and Pir turned leading her into the building speaking as he walked. “Zenith brought up an interesting point to me earlier, that your specialty was sensing loyalties and bringing forth those loyalties. Any position would help you develop those abilities, interrogation, analysis, yet she also brought up the fact that you are a protector. I have seen that myself. So there is one assignment we believe that would suit you the best.”

Rainbow followed Pir into a lift feeling herself getting more and more nervous before the door slid open and they moved past delegates. Most casting the two a strange glance, Pir looked at all the doors before pausing and peering in. He took a step back and leaned against the wall nearby resting his head back saying. “They should be breaking for a recess soon… I hope.”

“Who?” asked Rainbow Dash, looking at Pir who just gave her a grimace saying. “The Galactic Senate, welcome to the Heart of the Republic.”

“Your sarcasm is palpable Colonel Pir.” a familiar voice called out from the room as Senator Amidala walked out her eyes glancing between the two. “I will tell you this now, I do not approve of this assignment. I do not need to be protected.”

“It will be good for Rainbow Dash to understand the way the Republic works as well as easing the hearts and minds of those who care about you. After what happened with Ziro the Hutt we need someone to keep an eye on you to get you out of dangerous situations.”

The argument continued on, so Rainbow decided to prop herself against the wall. She was feeling a bit drained as images and whispers of loyalties started to get louder and louder until Pir’s voice sounded like a shout. “Recruit Dash do you sense any assassins at this very moment?”

“Three… four actually. That guy is one.” Rainbow said nodding her head to what appeared to be a page of sorts. His demeanor changed as he passed his hands reaching for a blaster hidden under his robes. Pir leapt into action subduing him quickly and placing an arm in the man’s mouth to prevent him from trying to kill himself. Padmé noticed Rainbow Dash slumping slightly and went to check on her. Concern was evident in her brown eyes as Pir said. “You both would work well together. I would rather it be Recruit Dash looking after you than anyone else. I’ll send over the necessary procedures for watching over a Senator after I take this one in.”

“Guess you’re stuck with me for now.” Rainbow joked giving Padmé a wry smile though she was trying to shake the tired feeling. “Plus this means I get to travel more, right?”

“I guess so.” concern was evident as Padmé spoke but she kept it hidden from those who passed by. “You need to rest.”

“I need to get out of this place, so many different loyalties at once. It’s kind of making me queasy and I don’t get queasy often. I can spin out and still be fine.” revealed Rainbow Dash managing to get to her feet. “Guess this is something I have to get over but… wow my head hurts.”

Padmé sighed as she looked into the room where the Galactic Senate would meet knowing that it would be hours for tempers to cool and people to be somewhat reasonable again. She led Rainbow Dash away even going back down to the lobby seeing Rainbow’s condition improving the further she got from the Senate Chamber. Bringing her to the Senate Office Buildings, Padmé led Rainbow Dash to her office quickly. She let her sit down as C-3PO came up to check on them.

“Get her some water.” Padmé instructed and the protocol droid headed off to fetch a glass. “Are you feeling better?”

Rainbow nodded her head, just wishing that this wasn’t going to be happening everyday. She glanced at Padmé painting slightly as she asked. “I guess that this isn’t the highlight of the week?”

Padmé shook her head as C-3PO returned and she handed Rainbow Dash the cup of water who drained it rather quickly saying. “I have a lot of protocols to read.”

“Oh my, if there is anything you need to know, all you have to do is ask.” C-3PO stated and Rainbow looked at him before nodding her head stating. “That’ll work.”


Rainbow Dash was about to call the week she had spent with Senator Amidala as eventful. It was mostly standing around and reporting any suspicious activities during the meetings of the Galactic Senate. She had to admit, she did not want to know what Celestia had to put up with back in Equestria. She knew that they held a town hall, but nothing on the scale of the Senate. At the moment she was sitting on a cruiser with Padmé at the helm. Something felt off about the situation, though she had almost fallen asleep during a few of the meetings, she knew that the Banking Clan was fishy at best. To call for a meeting with the Senator, that felt off. Even Chancellor Palpatine had warned her to have protection.

Rainbow was on the edge of her seat, the hairs on the back of her head standing up as Padmé told them that they were approaching the coordinates. They dropped out of hyperspace revealing they had just dropped out in the middle of a battle.

“This isn’t right. That’s a droid warship!” Padmé exclaimed steering their vessel through the fire fight. Rainbow Dash jerked slightly as the battle in space causing her to question out loud. “Does this normally happen on your diplomatic missions?”

“Only the fact that we seem to get shot at.” C-3PO commented as a voice spoke over the communicator. “Naboo cruiser, identify yourself.”

Recognition flew across Padmé’s and Rainbow’s faces as they recognized Ahsoka’s voice.

“This is Senator Amidala.” Padmé replied, communications established and Rainbow Dash saw Anakin asking. “Padmé, what are you doing out here?”

“I was sent on a special mission.” Padmé started to explain and Rainbow Dash felt her wings twitch. “The Senate was told that the Banking Clan wanted to negotiate a treaty.”

“Get out of there as fast as you can.” Anakin warned Padmé who glanced back to Rainbow. Before she could reply the ship shook and C-3PO asked. “Have we been hit?”

“I’m afraid it’s much worse than that.” Padmé bemoaned looking at the dash in front of her. The ship being pulled away from the Republic vessel as Anakin questioned. “Padmé, what is happening?”

“I’m being pulled into the droid cruiser by a tractor beam.” explained Senator Amidala and Rainbow looked at C-3PO who looked back at her. Even though he was a machine she could tell he was concerned as well. Padmé’s voice became clearer. “I will not be made a Separatist bargaining chip. Continue your attack.You must destroy this monstrous ship!”

The signal cut out causing the severity of the situation to rest its full weight on Rainbow’s shoulders. ‘This was a trap. But who set us up?’ she wondered, staring out the window at the battle droids running around.