• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Finished Conversations

Chapter Thirty Three: Finished Conversations

Jelu moved down the halls of the pirate’s headquarters quietly. He didn’t know what to think about Dooku. Everything he had heard stated that Dooku always knew what to say to get people on his side. Yet there was that feeling, Dooku was strict and almost cold when talking with him. He did try to get him on his side but he didn’t push the issue further.

Dooku remained focused as they continued to walk their way towards a possible exit. For some reason, there weren’t as many pirates around the cells as they thought. Jelu noticed the lack of pirates and knew Hondo was doing something.

“What happened to the two Jedi?” Jelu asked, trying to figure out who was sent again. In all honesty he wasn’t told much before he went on the mission.

“We’re in a Pirate Hideout child.” Is all Dooku said in response as he kept looking ahead. Jelu gave him an irritated look before mumbling. “Just wondering, Zenith just told me they were here and I doubt Hondo is an idiot.”

“Let’s just hope that they’re still with the pirates and our getaway will be smooth.” Dooku responded, taking a breather. “When we escape, what is your plan? Will you leave with me, or stay here with the pirates? Do you trust your Republic friends enough to save you?”

“We don’t know what is happening.” Jelu pointed out carefully not giving away his thoughts. “However there is no proof that if I go with you that I would be able to go back to the Republic. They would think the worst and the fighting would get worse as well. Or… they would think that I’m a traitor.”

“My dear boy when you’ve crossed over to our side you won’t want to go back to the Republic.” Dooku pointed out with a grin. “If they truly valued you and knew of your position here, do you not think that they would give you a chance? Ah, but this is the Republic. They would indeed label you a traitor. Your Senator is dead, your mission is a failure and for some reason you wouldn’t show up again and thought for dead. But if you were found alive, what is it that they would do? Welcome you back in open arms? I think not. I would say that there’s no hope for you for the Republic anymore.”

“Well, then, how about I do this diplomatically?” Jelu suggested as he thought about it. “You say I wouldn’t want to go back when I see the Separatist way of life. Yet I have seen the destruction of the Separatists as well. Why don’t I go to learn what I can and see what kind of accord we can come to. Diplomatically.”

“You are more than welcome to do that my boy, but regardless of what decision you come to you have no life left at the Republic.” Dooku responded, his grin turning into a frown. Jelu thought for a moment saying. “We will see, I have my doubts but neither of us know what the future has in hold.”

Dooku’s smile returned, but it was more of a menacing grin than a smile with no words in response. He got back to moving and motioned for Jelu to follow along. Jelu’s eyes narrowed slightly but he followed. He wasn’t going to back down from this opportunity to do what he did best. He was also certain that he could find his own way back. He knew one person who could get him out of the situation and was hoping she was doing her best to get the Jedi out of there.


Zenith was not sure how to handle this kind of situation. Hondo was now being held hostage by the Jedi and the blackout was sudden as well. She looked at Hondo before shaking her head. “I told you this was a bad idea.”

Hando scoffed at Zenith in response saying. “How was I supposed to know there would be a blackout? Even someone as great as I isn’t perfect. Now don’t just stand there, do something!”

“She won’t just make a move knowing it could jepordize her life on Coruscant.” Obi-Wan pointed out and Zenith just rolled her eyes shaking her head. “That’s not why, okay it’s part of the reason. You locked up Jelu, Hondo.”

“Okay okay, not one of my better ideas.” Hondo admitted. “I’m sure we can come to an agreement here, Jedi!”

“Jelu is here? Why on Earth did the Republic send him along?” Obi-Wan asked and Anakin’s eyes widened as he remembered. “Master, he was in the cell next to us. I didn’t recognize him at first.”

“Great, so you’re friends! Wonderful! Now you can let poor Hondo free and I can lead you to him yes?” Hondo said excitedly but definitely in a tone that he was out for himself. Zenith gave him a look before saying. “Fine, I don’t get on why you put him in the cell next to the leader of the Separatists. Any cell would have done just as fine.”

“Yes yes yes. But the Count looked like he needed company!” Hondo remarked. Obi-Wan gave a worried look to Anakin as they moved quickly to the cells only to find them empty. Zenith punched the wall angrily.

“Oh well, they escaped. Perhaps you let me go anyway yes?” Hondo asked hopefully. Zenith turned around her eyes narrowing and pressed her finger into his chest saying. “Oh they can let you go but I AM NOT LETTING YOU OFF THE HOOK HONDO!”

Obi-Wan glanced at Anakin who just looked like he was enjoying this situation. He cleared his throat before saying. “If they got out, it shouldn’t be too hard to find them. It’s not like Jelu would go with Dooku willingly.”

“Dooku is crafty and it was dangerous to leave them next to each other.” Obi-Wan mused, shaking his head before glancing at the raging Zenith. “I think we should just leave those two alone.”

Hondo glanced at Zenith, then to the two Jedi, then back to Zenith. “Uh, maybe I’m better off with the Jedi.”

“Oh no, you brought this upon yourself.” Obi-Wan chuckled as Anakin let him go. “All you have to do is make sure that we don’t get attacked by your crew when we leave.”

Hondo’s head fell down for a moment before he threw it back up looking at Obi-Wan. “Fine fine, just get going already!”

Anakin chuckled, moving to leave as Obi-Wan asked Hondo. “Do you know of any ship that could easily be stolen?”

"Ship to borrow yes. Easily well….no. I can't guarantee all of my fellow pirates will be willing to just let you go." Hondo replied. Zenith shook her head saying. “What about a liar who just landed you in hot water with the Republic and is trying to rob you blind?”

"Well we are pirates, I cannot guarantee everyone's loyalty." Hondo said to Zenith shrugging. Zenith face palmed before saying. “THE SHIP HONDO! THINK NOW OR MY HUSBAND WILL GO VOSS COMMANDO ON YOU!”

Obi-Wan chose to go and check to see how far Dooku had gone and hoped that they hadn’t left yet.


Dooku walked outside, ship in view but pirates in the way that were easily disposed of with the Force. He walked onto the ship before turning around saying. "This is your last chance young Jelu."

“I have already made up my mind about going with you. This is purely going to be a diplomatic mission.” Jelu stated looking at Dooku. “Agreed?”

"Do as you wish, but know that the moment you step aboard this ship your ties with the Republic will end, whether you think they will or not." Dooku responded walking further into the ship outside of Jelu's view, engines starting up. Jelu walked in behind him not saying a word.

Sounds of the engines could be heard from a distance. "Well...that was the ship." Hondo responded in a fake sounding voice. Zenith glared at him saying. “We are even now, understood?”

Hondo shrugged at the two Jedi. "Oh well!"

Obi-Wan looked troubled before saying. “Well then, perhaps you can escort us to our transport. Zenith, will you be coming?”

“Unless Hondo decided to have his pirates steal my swoop and my ship, I will be heading back there.” Zenith replied walking away. Obi-Wan could tell she was upset about something and Anakin was moving back to check on Jar Jar and the clones. Hondo looked away suspiciously. Zenith head turned as her blue eyes locked onto Hondo. Anakin stopped her from charging forward saying. “Easy.”

“What did you do to my ship Hondo?!” She yelled trying to get past Anakin but couldn’t. “If you touched my bike I will end you!”

“Seems like you have your hands full here.” Obi-Wan told him before moving towards the exit. “I would like to point out that Jedi do not hold grudges. Dooku is not like us and knows where you live.”

You could almost hear a slight gulping sound coming from Hondo from Obi-Wan's remark. Obi-Wan hid a smirk as he continued his way out. His only fear is what was going to happen to Jelu now that he was in the hands of Dooku.


“You seem quiet Master Yoda.” the spirit spoke through Rainbow Dash watching the Jedi master in front of her. “Can I ask what is on your mind?”

"On my mind much is. Heard of possession I have, but many spirits I have not." Yoda replied. "Seem different all of you do."

Rainbow Dash looked away saying. “We have all come from a different time, long before the Sith you know about.”

"Another Sith you are. Understanding the truth, hard it is. Different you may be, but trust you I cannot." Yoda said with a stern face. Rainbow Dash smiled sadly saying. “I never wanted to be a Sith, I was a slave who was sensitive in the Force and forced to be one.”

"Forced into the Dark Side you were. Pity you I do." Yoda said with a sad face. "Trust you I can."

“I wish the Order had seen things the way you did. Yet they were at war and distrustful. I had always wanted to join the Jedi Order but settled for the Revanites instead.” Rainbow explained relaxing slightly. “I know that the Sith had not mentioned Darth Revan outside of the Empire and tried to keep him buried. Yet I know that he was a Jedi at one point.”

"A legend Revan has become. Few that remember him there are. From my times in the High Republic, learn of him I did." Yoda said. "At peace you are?"

“I can not be at peace until the Force is in balance.” the spirit explained as Rainbow Dash climbed to her feet and walked to the window. “The Sith wiped themselves out, I never agreed with the Sith Empire but without darkness the light will overwhelm. Without light darkness will consume everything.”

"Know this I do. The Sith, a corruption in the Dark Side they are." Yoda pointed out. Rainbow Dash looked at Yoda in the reflection in the window. “How does the Order handle those who delve into the Dark Side?”

"Speak for the Order I cannot. Conflict in the Clone Wars, changing it has. Guardians of peace we no longer are." Yoda replied. The spirit sighed crossing Rainbow’s arms and shrinking back saying. “This war is greatly troubling. It sounds like something the Emperor would do. He almost had both sides destroy each other just to become truly immortal.”

"Feel the same it does. Clouded our vision has become, a puppeteer in control I do fear." Yoda said sadly. Rainbow Dash twisted turning to look at Yoda saying. “We will do what we can to protect her from being controlled. On our honor.”

"Believe you I do. Rainbow Dash's fear however only grows. To ease her mind of you what can I say?" Yoda asked. The spirit glanced away thinking about it before saying. “When her emotions overwhelm her we come forth. When she silences her emotions he does. What she needs to do is find balance. A balance between passion and serenity, emotion and peace, chaos and harmony, ignorance and knowledge. Build a bridge and extend your hand out in friendship. I know you have but she has her doubts and these doubts are leading to her fear. A fear that she is being held back from finding the one she was sent to find.”

"Pass on to her what you have said I shall. Pleasure to meet you it was." Yoda said back. The spirit nodded Rainbow’s head her eyes returning back to magenta. She stumbled holding onto her head saying. “I’m not going to do that again for a good long while.”

Her eyes locked onto Yoda, her brows furrowing. “Did I miss something?”