• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Diplomacy with Pirates

Chapter Twenty Nine: Diplomacy with Pirates

When Rainbow Dash had gotten back, she was questioned about her kidnapping. Evidence was gathered and reviewed before she was even allowed to get back to work. It didn’t take too long before she was allowed to get back to guarding Senator Amidala. She wouldn’t admit it to most people, she was glad to have the much more simple task. It was about two weeks later when something happened that Rainbow Dash didn't want to be a part of. Dooku was captured by the same pirate who tried to capture her. Captain Hondo Ohnaka. ‘This isn’t going to turn out well.’ she thought standing in the background watching three Jedi, Senator Amidala, Representative Binks, and Chancellor Palpatine. They were awaiting the report from Anakin and Obi-Wan confirming if Dooku was indeed alive and captured.

“Senator Kharrus would be the best person to deliver the spice and I would recommend Representative Binks to go along as well to help.” Padmé suggested, Rainbow Dash tilted her head to the side as she fought for a moment paying attention slightly to the conversation. Palpatine nodded his head, his eyes shifting over to Rainbow before asking. “What if we send one of the recruits within the Diplomatic Core? As this is dealing with a ransom situation it wouldn’t be too dangerous. Young Skywalker and Master Kenobi are already planetside so there wouldn’t be too much of an issue.”

“It is still too dangerous.” argued Padmé, Rainbow Dash shifted as the Chancellor pointed out. “The recruits are combat trained and have dealt with pirates before. Miss Dash….”

Rainbow’s head jerked up realizing that all eyes were on her as Palpatine continued. “You know the recruits the best. Who would you suggest to go on the mission?”

“Jelu Seer would be the best, since we are dealing with pirates. Garuu would try to confront each hostile situation peacefully, Zawacope and Yim are better for negotiations not a ransom delivery. They would honestly do better learning with Senator Amidala or Senator Organa.” Rainbow Dash said after thinking for a bit. “Whenever Jelu was on the bridge when the pirates bothered us he was able to easily keep up with them in a discussion.”

Padmé frowned, still not happy with the plan. Palpatine nodded his head as he contacted the head of the Diplomacy Core to have Jelu meet the Senator and the Representative at the ship they were taking. Rainbow Dash sent a look of apology towards Padmé. She really didn’t know that the Chancellor would call on her.


Jelu Seer honestly did not know what to feel as he sat down with Senator Kharrus, who was well known for his negotiating skills. As well as Representative Binks, who he’s heard some stories about but none of them were flattering. Senator Kharrus gave him one instruction to observe but not say anything. He glanced around at the Clones who were all quiet and glanced at his hands.

“Hidoe.” Jelu’s head jerked up seeing Representative Binks standing in front of him. “Mesa name is Jar Jar Binks. Whosa are yousa?”

“Jelu Seer.” Jelu said, smiling a bit feeling his nerves calm down a bit. “I’m here to observe this mission.”

“Yousa seem... nervous.” Jar Jar observed looking at him and Jelu nodded his head. “Don't be! Mesa sure dat Senator Kharrus will be able to handle dha delivery.”

“He’s been through hostage negotiations and perilous talks, but I’ve seen what pirates are capable of.” Jelu said as Jar Jar sat next to him tilting his head to the side, his large ears sliding off his shoulders. “I know it’s just a minor mission, that everything should go smoothly, but there are just so many things that could go wrong. Maybe I’m just overestimating them, I mean these can’t be the same pirates that attacked the vessel I was training on.”

Jar Jar just blinked and Jelu chuckled running his fingers through his hair before clearing his throat. “Anyways, it shouldn’t take too long, I better rest up.”

“Okeeday!” Jelu smiled before leaning his head back and closing his eyes. He could see why most people would view Representative Binks as a fool. Even Jelu was swayed by the rumors and whispers he had heard. Yet meeting Jar Jar, he felt relaxed, perhaps it was the carefree attitude the Gungan had. His eyes slipped shut for what he believed to be for a moment.

The ship shook violently and Jelu’s eyes snapped open. He knew they were in trouble as Jar Jar was placed next to him and strapped into place. He pulled down the harness as Senator Kharrus took a seat nearby, brought the flight harness down over his shoulders and locked into place. Jelu didn’t ask questions quickly figuring out that they were under attack. ‘Probably by the same pirates who asked for the spice.’ he thought just as the ship hit the ground. From the corner of his eye he saw the Senator’s harness malfunction and he was sent flying forward. Jelu reached out to try to grab him but was stopped by the harness.

“Sir, are you alright?” a clone asked as he helped release Jelu who nodded his head shakily. He stood up observing the wreckage as they headed out. Jar Jar asking where Senator Kharrus was. They found the Senator in the other half of the ship having perished in the crash. Jelu averted his orange eyes wishing that he had been faster. Did something to keep Senator Kharrus alive.

“Yousa alright?” Jar Jar asked quietly placing a hand on Jelu’s shoulder causing him to look at the Gungan. “Mesa thinkin’ dat wesa should give Senator Kharrus a proper burial.”

Jelu thought about it before nodding his head saying. “That would be for the best. I’ll help.”

“Okeeday.” Jar Jar led Jelu and one of the clones to burying the body while the others looked around to see what they could salvage. Jelu quietly aided the clone, feeling a bit nervous once again. Though Rainbow spoke fondly of them Jelu could admit that they were quite intimidating. They had hardly spoke to them and he had the feeling that they were irritated having another diplomat sent along. ‘One more person to protect.’ he told himself as he began to pick up the rocks glancing at the Clone aiding them.

It took a bit before they had covered the Senator’s body with rocks, making sure it was well covered. Jar Jar stepped forward delivering a saddening eulogy securing the senator’s staff between two rocks. “You-sa find rest, senator. Thosen with good in their hearts always passen too soon.”

Jelu bowed his head somberly as Jar Jar continued on, but he couldn’t find fault. Though it may have been to some a ramble, Jelu knew that the Gungan meant well.

“We be missin’ you senator….” the clone who had helped him spoke up. “Sir, this place is dangerous.”

He held up his arm showing the water from the geyers eroding his armor. “Look, those geysers are spitting out acid.”

Jar Jar’s eyes looked at the native wildlife as they ran from the geysers pointing out. “These-a beasties don’t be like the geysers neither!”

Jelu stayed by Jar Jar as the clone moved to join the others. He tilted his head to the side saying. “You’re observing the local wildlife, why is that Representative Binks?”

“Desa know dha area better than wesa do. Always be keep an eye on them-sa, desa'll let yousa know when isa safe to move.” Jar Jar told him and Jelu nodded his head finding the reasoning to be quite sound. ‘It’s like knowing how truly safe someone’s ship is by watching the way the Captain shows it off. If they try to steer you away from certain areas you know they’re either hiding something or there is something wrong that they don’t want to tell you about. Unless you’re a passenger and those places are commonly off limits.’ Jelu thought before kneeling down in front of the pile of stones. He closed his eyes trying to refocus himself when the sound of swoop bikes caused his eyes to open.

“What-sa dhat?” Jar Jar asked as Jelu climbed to his feet and heading for the shuttle. He searched his pockets for anything that could be traced. He had a feeling that these were either the guys who were sent to retrieve the spice or the ones who fired at the ship. He cursed his luck finding that the only thing they could trace with ease was the emblem of the Diplomatic Core. Detaching it he fastened to one of the straps carefully. The sounds of blasters filled the air as he moved deeper into the shuttle hiding down the stairs.

He heard the blaster fire and the grenades as he searched for an onboard blaster pistol. He was defenseless and dreaded to think what would happen. Letting out a silent groan Jelu finally found a small holdout blaster and snagged it. Hiding it within his uniform he was about to leave when he heard the pirates talking.

“Once that geyser goes off they’re broiled.” Jelu knew that voice, it was one of the pirates who attacked the training vessel. He reached for the holdout blaster but it didn’t sound like they were searching the ship. Just grabbing the spice. He had to wait until they were gone before rejoining the group.

“Should we check down there?” one of the pirates asked causing Jelu to tense up before the first said. “We have the spice, let's just go.”

Jelu waited until he heard the speeders take off before letting out his breath. They hadn’t noticed his presence, probably just thought that the pin was on there to mark it. He waited for a minute before heading out to see what was the fate of Representative Binks and the clones. They were alright, climbing out of the crater. He let out a sigh of relief before a hand wrapped around his mouth and he was pulled out and around the shuttle. He was pressed against the metal and his eyes flickered to his captor before realizing. It was Zenith.