• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Adventures with Pirates

Chapter Thirty: Adventures with Pirates

“Znith?” Was Jelu’s muffled question his orange eyes locking with the blue eyes of Zenith who motioned for him to remain quiet. Her hand moved to grip his arm and pulled him away to a swoop bike with cargo attached to it a few minutes away in her ship.

“It would be worse for you if you were found.” Zenith explained motioning towards the back of the bike and he climbed on. “We’re going to have to make sure you aren’t recognized.”

“Is there a reason why?” asked Jelu and Zenith gave him a look as she brought the cargo over to the swoop bike. “Two words, one person. Rainbow Dash. If that traitorous worm was smart he would use you to distract Hondo to get Rainbow Dash, blame the Republic for not delivering the spice, and then make off with the spice on his own.”

“That would actually make sense, you know, if they were smart.” Jelu joked climbing on the back and they took off. “So what’s in the crates?”

“Mostly just alcohol. I still kind of owe him because I didn’t help his escape more.” Zenith chuckled as she sped towards the Pirate’s base. Jelu shook his head, chuckling a bit before looking around Florrum. He missed getting out and seeing the different worlds. That pretty much halted when he moved to Coruscant. Zenith’s chuckle broke him out of his thoughts as she spoke. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you space out before.”

Jelu barely managed to let out a “huh?” causing more laughter. “During training, you were always so busy with your studies and exercises. You almost never took a moment to relax. I always told Pir that dealing with Hondo was the closest you ever got.”

Jelu didn’t know how to respond, it wasn’t that he didn’t take breaks. He just never took them around the other trainees. He wanted to encourage practice and studying during the time they had during the day. He just didn’t want to be wasteful.

“It’s something I learned growing up. We can’t waste the day.” he explained quietly and Zenith glanced at him with her blue eyes. “The ship my family had was old, but they can’t bear to give it up, so I had to help keep it together. Help with the repairs, couldn’t forget the upkeep, or the maintenance. It was old but it was home.”

“I get it. I wasn’t always living on Coruscant. My mom and I both lived on a ship that grandma got from a friend. An old XS Stock Lightweight Freighter. It’s been in my family for a long time. After they gave it to me… I ended up crashing it. On Voss.”

“Voss? The mining world?” Jelu asked, earning another chuckle from Zenith. “Alright, what about Voss is so special?”

Zenith thought for a moment before explaining. “It wasn’t always like that. The Voss had a deep and rich culture that had faded after their planet was decimated in a war long ago. A small group of Voss kept their old history and practiced it in seclusion. Their beliefs were rejected and seen as foolish superstition, that those beliefs were the reason why Voss was attacked. I met them while looking for ways to repair my ship. Anyways… we aren’t talking about how I met my husband.”

Jelu nodded his head before realizing what she said. ‘Husband? She’s already married? To a Voss? Who are you Zenith?’ Jelu’s orange eyes narrowed at Zenith’s back.

“You know, being a diplomat you should actually look into the history and culture of the planets you visit.” Zenith mentioned swerving a bit to avoid a rock. “It shows that you are an attentive diplomat and respect their whole culture. Not just what the Republic wants to see.”

“Is that why you get along with Hondo?” inquired Jelu as he saw them approach the complex. Zenith laughed before shaking her head. “We get along for very different reasons. Most of the time it’s a competition, see who can upstage the other. See how long we can hold a favor over the other’s head. No, I’m not going to tell you how we met… right now.”

Jelu chuckled, he noticed the pirates looking in their direction but once they spied Zenith they went about their way. She stopped the swoop bike and climbed off of it and prepared to carry in the crate while Jelu glanced around once in a while. Most of the pirates paid him no mind as he moved to help with the crate. He heard music as they entered the main building. Wary eyes were locked onto Zenith as she approached Hondo who was listening to the only pirate who made it back.

“They didn’t send the ransom, they sent an army. They ambushed us in Doshar Field.” the pirate lied and Jelu gritted his teeth as Zenith patted him on the shoulder. “I suggest we counter attack with tanks.”

Jelu gave a worried look to Zenith who was watching Hondo turn around asking. “Where are your men?”

The pirate looked down, saying. “I was the only survivor. I think they will try and attack us to free the Jedi.”

That was when Zenith went pale and stumbled slightly. Jelu caught her as Hondo snarled saying something that Jelu couldn’t hear. He carefully set down the crate and helped Zenith sit down as she shook her head. “I really should have listened to my husband and brought him along. You can’t really reason with Hondo when he’s like that.”

When the other pirate left, Hondo got up and was about to go somewhere when he spied Zenith. He glanced around before saying something into a communicator then slid off the barstool he was on and walked over. Jelu didn’t care about being recognized at this point as he tried to figure out what was wrong.

“Zenith!” Hondo greeted and Zenith looked up at him tiredly but with a smile on her face. “You don’t seem to be feeling too well eh?”

“You know me Hondo.” Zenith chuckled, still looking rather nauseous. “You seem upset about something.”

“Ah the Republic decided to break our agreement.” responded Hondo patting her on the shoulder glancing at Jelu. “I know you from somewhere.”

Jelu glanced at Hondo who quickly grinned saying. “Ah yes! The Mirialan recruit! You are quite skilled with that silver tongue of yours. What are you doing here?”

“Helping Zenith deliver the alcohol.” Jelu folded his arms across his chest but didn’t allow any hint of why he was on Florrum. “I hope we didn’t come at a bad time.”

“Just some trouble that doesn’t concern you right now.” Hondo told him throwing an arm around Jelu’s shoulder as the two Weequay helped Zenith up to grab the alcohol crate. Jelu rolled his eyes as Hondo led him over to the table he had been sitting at before. He waved towards a bartender for a drink as Zenith took a seat as well.

“So dealing with the Republic huh?” Zenith asked as the drinks were delivered but she didn’t touch hers.

“I would have expected some honor.” Hondo sighed, shaking his head before downing the contents of his glass. “Yet in times like these some forget that.”

Zenith nodded her head peering into her glass as Jelu took a sip of his own drink. He glanced over at Hondo who gave him a sly grin and instantly felt like something was up. He glanced down at his drink before looking at Hondo once again. Though the pirate captain was now chatting with Zenith who was looking much better. Jelu really didn’t know what was going on but watching the two he had a feeling that they had known each other for quite some time. His mind began to wander, to the days where he would be at ports with his parents. When they would find jobs at the local cantina and he would be sitting at the bar looking at the different people in the area. His mom was always dealing with the negotiations, his dad sitting next to him. His white hair falling in front of his eyes as he chatted with the bartender. Unlike his grandfather his dad never dyed his white hair or even hid his gold eyes.

“We should never be ashamed of the gifts of our ancestors.” he would tell Jelu, who took a lock of his hair gazing at the inky blackness. He didn’t want to dye his hair but he wanted to look normal. ‘Well normal to the Republic.’ he thought before downing the rest of his drink. Zenith pausing for a moment before glaring at Hondo as Jelu collapsed forward unconscious. Her hand went to her blaster just as the pirates aimed theirs at her. Her blue eyes narrowed before she looked at Hondo asking. “Seriously? You drugged him?”

“He is still valuable, might not be worth as much as the two Jedi, but since the Republic has decided to break our agreement. They do not get one of their promising diplomats.”

“For the sake of the stars, seriously?”