• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,025 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,025

Pirates

Chapter Sixteen: Pirates

Rainbow Dash watched as an alien male strode forward a red coat swaying as he moved. A large grin was on his face as he examined the group through bronze goggles with green tinted lenses. Aliens just like him were moving through the docking tube. Colonel Pir folded his arms as he stared down the leader of the pirates.

“Get off my ship before I toss you all off myself.” He snarled, only earning a smirk from the pirate. A chuckle escaped from the pirate’s lips as he walked up to Pir patting him on the arm. “My friend, if you do that there is no one stopping my men! Listen to old Hondo, and everything will be just fine!”

Pir stiffened at both the words and the physical contact, his amber eyes narrowing at the pirate. Another growl erupted from his throat. Rainbow Dash could feel the tension in the air. Then a shot went flying past one of the pirate’s heads and everyone looked in the direction. A young alien woman with head tails, similar to Zenith but her skin was purple. The pirate she had shot at lifted his blaster and fired, only for Pir to take the hit instead. The Cathar crumpled and Kory rushed forward with another by her side, the pirates coming in full force.

“Scatter! We can’t take them here!” Kimble ordered and Rainbow Dash moved to help get the colonel out of there.

Hondo looked down at the injured Colonel Pir. “Well now that wasn’t very nice! You should teach your children some manners! Now listen here everyone, no need to panic. Just listen to Hondo and we don’t need any violence.”

“Shabuir!” The human female who stayed behind snapped, her green eyes narrowing. Rainbow looked up to see the pirates spreading out but most were staying to keep an eye on them. Pir glared up at Hondo as Kory tended to the injury with what she had on hand. The other recruits were already falling back.

“Look at this one men, she has some spunk!” Hondo said to his crew. “Now listen here young lady, no need for such harsh words. You act like we’re pirates or something!”

“Aren’t you?” Rainbow asked dryly, her normal enthusiasm being tempered by both fear and worry. The human female tried to stand up, ready for a fight, but Kory stopped her. “Not now Shae, we need to get Colonel Pir to the medbay. Rainbow Dash, help me get him up.”

“Now now, no one goes anywhere until I say so!” Hondo yelled out, Rainbow Dash stood up blocking Shae’s view of Hondo. She had a feeling that Shae was ready to attack someone for this.

“He needs to be treated and I can’t do that here.” Kory pleaded looking up at Hondo. “What do you want?”

“Hmm...let’s see...ah I know! You there, the one that looks like a rainbow.” Hando said to Rainbow Dash.

“What?” Rainbow Dash was confused, she didn’t know what this pirate was thinking or what his plan was. All she knew was that Pir needed to be treated and Kory would need to go with him in order for that to happen.

“I am in need of your assistance. You two, you may be off. Now miss, if I’m not mistaken, you can fly no?” Hondo asked Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash felt her wings twitch against her skin. She didn’t know where he found that out or how.

“Who told you that?” Rainbow Dash inquired, keeping a blank expression on her face, though her eye was twitching.

“I’m the one asking questions! That is a story for another time.” Hondo responded with a smirk. “We would like you to come with us pirates after we help you out here.”

Rainbow glanced at Kory who looked back at her giving Rainbow a slight nod. Rolling her shoulders Rainbow let her wings unfold returning to a more comfortable position.

“This wasn’t the plan, Hondo.” a voice spoke through the comms, Rainbow took a breath as she thought about the offer. Her eyes shifted from magenta to red.

“The plan has been altered! I’ve never met someone who could naturally fly before, she would be a wonderful asset to the crew!” Hondo replied to the person over the comm. Rainbow lifted her hand as she looked at Hondo, a smirk growing on her face. “Race me. If you want me to join your crew, I need to know if you can keep up.”

Hando raised a blaster and shot it near Rainbow Dash’s feet. “We’re pirates, remember! The only ones making the demands or deals is us!” Hando’s smirk started to look a little more upset, like he was getting impatient. “However...a race does sound like fun!”

“You choose the place.” Rainbow Dash said, holding her arms behind her back, a red streak of electricity streaming downwards as her eyes went back to magenta. “I don’t know the ship well and you’ve seem to be on ships like this before.”

“You don’t have to worry about the Republic Fleet coming, Hondo. They’re busy at the moment.” the voice told him and Rainbow glanced at the ceiling. “Sorry, I have to keep an eye on these things.”

“No problem, Zenith.” there was silence in response to Rainbow’s statement. “It wasn’t that hard to figure out who the traitor was. Pir wanted to know who was with you specifically. He wanted to keep an eye on….”

“You wanted to race. Remember? Now, where is a good place to finish?” Hondo interrupted as he moved forward looking down at Rainbow Dash. She glanced up at him as he stroked his chin in thought looking down each of the halls.

“Since I’m in control of the ship, I make the decision on what this race is going to be.” Zenith said, causing both to have a look of irritation. “Hondo, since you caused the recruits scatter, you two will be having a race to gather as many recruits as possible.”

Hondo looked at Rainbow Dash and they stared at each other as Zenith continued. “You will have to bring them to engineering where I will keep an eye on them.”

“It is as if you expect me to cheat.” Hondo gasped, though Rainbow could tell he was faking it.

“The race starts now.” Zenith said and Rainbow Dash took off not even looking back at Hondo. He looked at a few of his men and nodded his head before moving off in another direction. A few of the pirates headed after Rainbow Dash.


“Okay, I have to find the recruits… wait four of them are in engineering already.” Rainbow Dash mused before heading to the medical bay knowing that Kory and the one called Shae was already there. It was also a good time to check on Colonel Pir. Flapping her wings for a bit Rainbow Dash focused on running as fast as she could. Her speed increased as she headed in the direction that they had just come from. She drew closer and noticed a few pirates coming around the corner.

“Looks like he can’t play fair.” Rainbow growled under her breath, fingers digging into her palm. The pirates cackled as they moved towards her and she moved forward just as someone dove out of the infirmary. It was the redhead from earlier, Shae. She leaped upon the pirate slamming her fist into his face.

“Hut’tuun!” she shouted and Rainbow Dash ran forward, slamming into one of the pirates. Only for him to let out a sneer and she looked up seeing it was a rather large one. He pushed her back before punching her back saying. “Little girl wants to fight?”

Rainbow landed on the ground shaking her head trying to clear before she was lifted up by the collar.

“Rainbow Dash!” Kory called out, Rainbow’s eyes flickered to the medbay where pirates were starting to try to get into. Shae was doing her best to keep them back. Anger and rage surged through her, irises becoming a solid red. Her hands reached up, red lightning arcing over them, and she grabbed onto the pirates wrist causing him to yell out. She brought her legs up and kicked him into the chest sending him flying. Her wings spread before folding back like a cape before she charged forward dodging the attacks.

“Rainbow?” Kory called out as Rainbow fought against pirates. “Something is not right, Colonel?”

“Agreed.” Pir pushed himself to a sitting position blaster in his hand. He fired at a few of the pirates watching them go down. A few flew past the door, red lightning surrounding their bodies. Rainbow moved with them a grin on her face, only for Shae to grab her holding her back. Pir went to climb off the bed only for Kory to place a hand on his shoulder saying. “We’ve got this, rest sir.”

Frowning Pir settled on the bed as Kory walked out, she touched Rainbow’s shoulder saying. “Rainbow? We’re alright now, calm down.”

Rainbow’s breath began to calm before she blinked and looked over at Kory. She shook her head for a moment, clearing it saying. “Thanks… right! The race! Kory, I need you and uh… Shae to get to engineering. I’m in the middle of a race at the moment to find the other recruits.”

“Then we should go with you. We know the recruits and the ship better than you.” Shae explained grabbing a blaster off of one of the pirates. Kory gave her a disapproving look and Shae looked at the blaster before fiddling with it.

“I have it on stun.” Shae told her and Kory nodded her head. “Come on.”

Kory shut the door of the medbay giving a nod to Colonel Pir. Shae was keeping a lookout for more pirates heading their way.

“Kimble would be at the bridge… or at an area that he could defend.” Kory surmised and Rainbow Dash nodded her head. “Do you know which way the pirate went?”

“The opposite direction from the airlock.” answered Rainbow Dash causing Kory to sigh. “He’s got the advantage doesn’t he?”

“If he’s smart he’d use his crew to either herd the recruits to him or round them up.” Shae commented as they began their journey. “Verge and Xestu would be the easiest to find, they would be heading towards the pirates. Those two love a good fight. As for the others… I’m not sure. I mean we do have a large group and I only managed to memorize everyone’s names and races.”

Rainbow Dash twitched as Kory spoke up. “Rainbow Dash arrived at the last minute, I don’t think she had the time to meet everyone. Right?”

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash nodded her head as she continued on. “I’m the new girl alright.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen your species before.” Shae commented moving up next to her. “Are they new to the Republic?”

“I’m new to the Republic, I’m new to everything. I joined to help the Clones and to find my friend. I don’t….” Rainbow sighed as Kory looked at Shae, realization dawning on both their faces. Kory placed a hand on her shoulder saying. “We’re sorry, we didn’t know. We’ll help you out, after all going into this blind is a bad idea.”

“Well we’ll have to figure out something fast. Without communications, that Shabuir has the advantage.” Shae pointed out and Kory straightened her back as if she thought of something. “Communications. That’s it!”

Both Shae and Rainbow Dash looked at her as Kory explained. “Most of the recruits are going to try and send out communications. Try to get help.”

“But Zenith is in charge of the ship, she’ll be in control of the communications as well.” Rainbow Dash pointed out and Shae tilted her head back as she explained. “Oh, that’s not going to stop them Rainbow. No matter what, we’re still going to need help.”

Nodding her head Kory led the group to the communications center. Two of the recruits were standing out front. One was large in stature though his head was covered by a mask hiding his appearance. The other was of a strange species, with maroon scaly skin and face hidden by a mask.

“Jysh, Rhan, is Kimble in there?” Kory called out as they approached and the two looked at each. The larger one stepped forward saying. “Yes, but he wants Recruit Dash to stay outside.”

“Out of the way Rhan, I’m going to deal with this grudge once and for all.” ordered Shae as she pushed past the two. Rainbow Dash just stood in front of the two as Kory shook her head saying. “Those two are going to get into a fight that we don’t have time for.”

“Is there something we need to know?” Rhan asked looking down at the two and Kory looked over her shoulder saying. “Yeah, Rainbow and the Pirate Captain are racing to gather the recruits. If Rainbow loses then she has to go with them, if they lose they leave us and the ship alone.”

“That’s a win-win for Kimble.” Jysh pointed out just as a slap was heard from the room.

“She’s completely new Kimble! She joined the Republic to find her friend and help the clones out! You don’t get to judge her for how fast she went through! Even she found that suspicious but she’s going with it because she wants to help! Are you really going to judge her because of that?” Shae’s voice was loud and clear, the anger and the irritation was evident. “That is the reason all of us are here! We’re the rejects! Species that are either seen as not helpful or their race joined the Separatists and they want to prove a point! Now stop acting like a child and help us out!”

“Think we should head in now?” Rainbow asked and Jysh looked in before waving his hand. They walked in seeing Kimble glaring at Shae who was now standing by Donnell. She glanced at them saying. “I should introduce the ones here to Rainbow Dash. Since I don’t think there were any formal introductions of people and species. Can’t give anymore detail right now, but you can ask them. Ivama Rhan, we don’t actually know his species. I don’t think he’s ever taken off that mask. Sein Jysh is a Kaleesh, his species joined the Sepratists. Donnell Tyth, human. Verga and Xetsu are Zabraks, two different types. I’m Shae Lyrua, a human I was born on Mandalore. Kory is a Togruta. Koz Si is a Selonian, he’s the only one with fur. He’s normally seen with Caece Zima, both are from Corellia.”

“Where’s everyone else?” Rainbow remembered a lot more people in their class and Shae shook her head saying. “Everywhere else, Kimble sent them out scouting without knowing the full situation or the deal you made.”

“What deal?” Kimble’s eyes narrowed as he looked at Shae who leaned her head back saying. “Rainbow had to stay behind or else the pirate wouldn’t have let us move Colonel Pir. She’s in the middle of a race to gather as many recruits as possible or go with the pirate. Zenith is the traitor, but she’s onboard with this race and in control of the system.”

“Great, so she’s just getting into more trouble already.” Kimble sighed before Donnell spoke up. “Actually I think I’ve figured out what caused the hyperdrive to activate. It’s the computer, it’s currently down, but watch this.”

Rainbow Dash moved to look at the image on the screen.

“This is about the time that Rainbow Dash electrocuted it, the engineering computer registered the computer for the hyperdrive activating. Colonel Pir has all data recorded, but this data is corrupted. Zenith wasn’t working on anything at the time so I did a little digging. The computer for the hyperdrive was found on Iokath. The scientists were hoping that a computer from there would aid in making hyperdrive travel easier and this was a test ship. However it didn’t work, so they removed the computer only to find that its banks were empty. I’m thinking that there was an AI from Iokath in there and remained within the ship. So I decided to check to see if there were any outgoing signals that Zenith might not be aware of and… check it out.”

“I’m guessing none of that information was readily available.” Kimble pointed out and Donnell looked at him. “Not that we really care.”

“Looks like there is a signal we can bounce off of.” Kory mused looking at Kimble who nodded his head. “I just can’t figure out how far it goes.”

“Not far enough, unfortunately.” Donnell sighed and Rainbow looked at her hands saying. “There might be a way. One of the abilities I have allows me to see where my friends are or people I’ve met at least. Can’t I use that and you can somehow use the signal if I plug it in?”

“We can see. Can you use it right now?” Rainbow Dash nodded her head as she focused on Aanakin running her fingers across her wings and hold it out towards the computer. A darker blue, almost indigo, strand floated out and moved through the computer.

“Woah, this is amazing. Yeah, we can definitely work with this… though could you connect with Admiral Yularen? He’s probably more battle ready then anyone else.” Donnell suggested and Rainbow Dash breathed her minding focusing on Yularen. The strand didn’t change much, except that it became more of the indigo in color.

“Perfect! Now we just need to send out a brief message.” Donnell said typing away quickly, his eyes scanning the screen as the words were typed up. Just then there was a shout from down the hallway. “SEAL UP THE…!”

The person was cut off after a sound echoed down.

“That was Kord, he’s in trouble.” Ivama called in and Rainbow Dash kept focusing. “You better hurry up, we’re about to be facing a large group of pirates.”

“There!” Donnell gave a shout of joy just as he sent the message. Ivama was about to say something when something hit him causing him to collapse. Rainbow Dash banished the cord spinning around just as the pirates flooded the room. Most of the recruits looked to be ready for a fight as Hondo walked in. “Oh thank you! You have made my job easier. You are a recruit as well.”

Rainbow Dash glared at Hondo saying. “That’s cheating!”

“Me? Cheat? My friend, we are pirates, there are no rules!” Hondo pointed out as the pirates grabbed the recruits by the arms. Rainbow Dash was pulled from the room struggling against the grip to no avail. They were taken to engineering where they were all pushed into a group. Zenith was sitting on the edge of one of the consoles. Her arms were crossed as she looked at the recruits and the pirates.

“You just had to find a loophole.” She sighed spotting Rainbow Dash in the group. “Well I didn’t say that Rainbow Dash didn’t count.”

“Who’s side are you on anyways?!” shouted Kimble only to have one of the pirates to pistol whip him. Zenith shrugged her shoulders as she slid off the console saying. “I owed Hondo one. Can’t leave that one in the air. He’ll milk that for all that it is worth.”

Hondo chuckled as he looked at Zentih saying. “I believe this is my victory.”

“I guess it is, sorry Rainbow Dash a deal is a deal.” Zenith commented looking at Rainbow Dash, just before the console went off. “What the? Hondo, we’ve got trouble. Republic ships are dropping out of hyperspace.”

“How is that possible? You said you had control of the ship!” Hondo moved next to Zenith who typed away furiously as Donnell hid a grin.

“I did! There were no outgoing transmissions of any kind!” Zenith replied before looking at Hondo. “You better get out of here Hondo, Pir will keep me out of trouble. Most likely won’t take me on one of these training missions for a while.”

Hondo had already rushed forward and grabbed onto Rainbow’s arm saying. “Until we meet again my friends!”

Rainbow Dash felt herself get dragged along, surprised at the pirate’s strength. They were followed by the other pirates cutting off the other recruits from following. Rainbow Dash was pulled to the airlock that the pirates had used. Her hopes and dreams of aiding the Clones were starting to get smaller and smaller as they got closer. There was a creaking sound and Hondo’s eyes widened as blaster fire flew past his head. “To the ship!”

The pirates rushed towards the airlock as something wrapped around Rainbow’s arm. She felt herself get pulled away from Hondo whose eyes narrowed. Rainbow looked behind her seeing Shae with some device strapped to her wrist that the cable was attached to.

“Farewell my non pirate friends!” Hondo called out as he left the ship. The door sealed behind him and Rainbow looked up a grin on her face. “Thanks guys.”

“We can never leave a teammate hanging.” Kimble’s voice said from within the group as he walked out with Pir next to him. “I just needed to be reminded of that.”

“We all did.” Rainbow replied as Shae removes the cable glancing at Pir. “What about Zenith?”

“Let me deal with her. She is currently in contact with Admiral Yularen, after all she is the second highest ranking officer on the ship.” Pir shook his head with a sigh before straightening his back. “I’m proud of all of you, despite some struggles you managed to pull through as a unit and come out on top. I can see all of you making it through and becoming valued members of the Republic Navy. Now get to bed, I expect you to be up by 0500. Training starts tomorrow.”

Author's Note:

Hehehehe, Hondo.