• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Aggression

Chapter Thirty Five: Aggression

Anakin found Rainbow Dash sitting on the ground by herself, no Master Luminara in sight. "Hey, everything alright? Where's Master Luminara?" He asked bending down to make eye contact. "I thought she was training you." He noticed Rainbow Dash looking a little bit troubled and irritated.

“She is… I don’t know where she went.” huffed Rainbow looking away. “What about you? What are you doing here?”

"Just thought I would check up on you. Her teaching can be very, well...extreme." Anakin pointed out to her. "She's a bit of a perfectionist."

Rainbow’s wings twitched before they curled around her saying. “Guess I’m frustrating her or something. My abilities don’t seem to be manifesting in the way it normally is. The barrier goes up, but the red lightning doesn’t appear often.”

"It would take some doing to frustrate her. I'm sure she's just checking in with Master Yoda to fill him in." Anakin said, attempting to soothe her. "You're very capable so I am sure that you can figure it out."

A smile grew across Rainbow’s face as she said. “Thanks Sky Glider.”

"Anytime R---huh. Something isn't quite right." Anakin said getting to his feet. He glanced around the room then said. "Maybe it's nothing."

Rainbow Dash glanced around before letting out her breath listening for any sign of another presence. Looking for loyalties that did not belong to the original occupants of the room.

"Anything?" Anakin asked her. Rainbow Dash tilted her head to the side saying. “Yeah, there’s someone here who’s loyalties are different from the Jedi in the temple. Just not hiding amongst them.”

"That's not good. Wait here, I will go inform the Council." Anakin requested of her as he headed off. Rainbow’s eye opened the magenta a solid red as she smirked before closing her eyes again. Her head tilted to the side as she listened to the quiet room.

Master Luminara returned and noticed Rainbow Dash with her eyes closed. "Training while I was away Miss Dash?"

“More like daydreaming.” Rainbow Dash said, opening her eyes which had turned back to magenta. “Anakin stopped by to check up on me.”

"Oh? Where is Skywalker now?" She asked firmly. Rainbow Dash looked around saying. “He went off again, he was looking for someone.”

"I see. Has your training improved while I was gone?" She asked but her mind was on Skywalker. Rainbow Dash wasn't being completely honest.

“Well there’s someone here that isn’t supposed to be here.” Rainbow commented looking upwards before her head began to throb. She groaned a bit grabbing the sides of her head closing her eyes.

Master Luminara rushed over and held the back of Rainbow Dash's head. "What is it?"

Rainbow’s eyes opened revealing them to be white and glowing as she spoke, “In the swamps of the city destroyed in years long passed. The unsettled planet. Awaits the third.”

"You are one of the spirits Yoda informed me of." Luminara spoke still holding onto Rainbow Dash. Her head turned, eyes turning indigo as she whispered. “I am. I guide Rainbow Dash through her visions. I can see what she sees and plant the descriptions in her mind.”

Luminara didn't know exactly how to respond. She knew about what Yoda told her but it was much different experiencing it. "And why do you do this?"

“The blade that was shattered, that I shattered, must be reforged. Her weapon belonged to another, a Commander consumed by a single word.” the spirit said, looking at Luminara and smiled. “I am proud of the Order.”

A respectful nod came from Master Luminara. "I will pass on your words."

“Also, be patient, her abilities were meant to start as instinct and grow into something more.” the spirit said quietly Rainbow’s eyes beginning to return to magenta.

"Miss Dash are you well?" Luminara asked her. Rainbow Dash shook her head to clear her mind, saying. “Yeah, I saw where the third shard was. But I don’t know where it is.”

"Even I am not quite sure with the description. We'll have to discuss it with the council." Luminara said letting go of Rainbow Dash and proceeded to get to her feet. Rainbow’s eyes turned red as her face fell into a frown. Red electricity flooded the room as the door sealed.

“They’re busy, Master Unduli.” Rainbow Dash spoke the red electricity forming over her body into a new shape. “You have been seeking me out. Here I am.”

"Have I? I am not sure what you mean." Luminara said calmly. The spirit chuckled saying. “You wanted to see her abilities. You wanted to tame them, you had a feeling you would be meeting us.”

"Yes you are correct, by why would I seek you out specifically? Unduli asked, still seemingly emotionless. The figure surrounded by the electricity tilted its head to the side: Rainbow Dash mimicking the motion as it spoke its voice deep. “I am connected to the ability that seems to give her the most trouble. In order to tame it you will need to tame the spirit connected to it.”

"Very well then." Luminara added without further word. The figure chuckled as it stepped forward, Rainbow Dash collapsing behind it. It’s shape began to solidify, revealing a large ghostly figure, his face covered by a mask. Dark armor encompassing his body hiding any hint of his species.

Luminara stared at the figure as she spoke. "Do you find my effort to tame you humorous?"

“I find them, absolutely hilarious.” the spirit said before bringing one of his hands out. “The Jedi will try to tame that which they cannot control.”

"And why is that?" Luminara asked, unflinching. The spirit approached her as the electricity formed a blade as he said. “The Sith will crush, the Jedi will tame. It is in their nature. In your nature.”

"I will not tame you." Luminara said, staring at him. The figure tilted his head to the side before glancing behind him at Rainbow Dash. “Her?”

"Do you think that she cannot?" Master Luminara said, continuing to stare at the figure. "She is stronger than she seems."

The spirit hummed under his breath before walking over to Rainbow Dash. He bent down saying. “She has not proven herself.”

"Yet she will. She will and will even more. Her endurance may appear weak, yet the fact stands that she has been able to survive with all the spirits within her. It's only a matter of time." Luminara said walking forward, not letting her sight leave the figure. The spirit lifted his hand, electricity surrounding the training droids as they lifted into the air. Luminara watched to see what he would do. “Fascinating, the Jedi use these now. Let us see how well you do.”

The Spirit moved his hand forward and the droids flew forward firing at Luminara. Without drawing her lightsaber, she closed her eyes and elegantly dodged the blaster fire as if she was dancing. Red arcs of electricity flew out from the walls the moment Luminara got too close trying to catch her. Rainbow Dash’s eyes opened blinking as she looked at Luminara.

Luminara looked at Rainbow Dash as she asked. "Are you well?"

The spirit looked at Rainbow Dash over his shoulder and Rainbow Dash swallowed. “Um, kind of. He’s staring at me.”

"He is one of the spirits that resides in you. He believes that you lack the ability to tame him." Luminara pointed out. Rainbow’s eyes flickered to Luminara before back to the spirit. “Why is he staring at me?”

Red electricity surrounded Luminara like bars as the spirit snarled. “Get up.” Luminara watched Rainbow Dash closely. Rainbow Dash climbed to her feet her wings flaring out as she said. “You’re going to let her go, now.”

“Make me.” the spirit chuckled.


Shae walked alongside the kids, she had a feeling that it was taking a lot longer finding her speeder. Honestly she was caring less and less the more she spent time with them.

“So what’s it like living here?” Shae asked, looking at one of them. It was the girl who had approached her.

"Quiet a lot, but it's fun being taught by Master Yoda! He can be very funny." She said giggling. Shae chuckled a bit before looking down. “Do you know where you’re from? Like do you remember the planet?”

"Um, sometimes I see it in a dream. Lots of buildings and people but it isn't this one." The girl answered making a cute thinking face. Shae grinned saying. “Very descriptive, heck I say it sounds like Mandalore… but it couldn’t be.”

"What's Mandalore?" The girl asked. Shae looked at her before saying. “It’s where… it’s the planet Mandalore. It’s in the Outer Rim. The planet’s damaged surface was decimated in the Mandalorian Civil War so now they live in insulated bio-cubes cities. They have maintained neutrality since the conflict started.”

"Oh. The sounds familiar, hmm." The girl said scratching her head. Shae gave her a smile before stopping and kneeling in front of the girl. She didn’t get her hopes up but wanted to try something. She took the mythosaur necklace off her belt showing it to her as she asked. “Do you recognize this?”

"Mmhmm. I have seen it in my dreams." She answered. "It looks cool!"

Shae handed it to the girl before sitting down saying. “Take a look, see even if you aren’t supposed to get attached to things it is always important to know where you are from. The history and rules of a society are important. The mythosaur was a creature that lived on Mandalore before the Taung came, led by Madalore the First and named the planet after their leader. Mand’alore meaning ‘sole ruler’ in Man’doa. It’s why when you look into Mandalorian culture, you will find a lot of battle, wars, and showing of strength. They love a good fight almost as much as they like spicy food.”

"I love spicy food too! Do you think I am from there?" She asked gleefully. Shae messed up her hair saying. “Maybe. I can’t look into it right now, but if I have the time I think I can see. What about the rest of you?” The rest of the kids shook their heads unsure.

“Think deeply, perhaps some of you are from colony worlds or homeworlds. Perhaps the memories of the waves of Rishi come to mind.”

One of the boys spoke up. "I have seen waves before."

Shae looked at him, smiling. “Well that’s always a start.”

The girl grabbed her hand and said. "Will you tell me more stories about Mandalore? Oh, my name is Mina."

“Shae Lyrua, I’ll see what I can remember. So, are we talking about the planet?” Shae asked not wanting to mention the different Mand’alores of history, but she was curious.

"Everything!" She hopped excitedly. Shae blinked for a moment before looking around standing up. “Alright, but I’m going to need to sit down for that one. You guys might as well if you’re interested.”

"Sure!" They all exclaimed. Shae stood there her hands on her hips asking. “Is there a place we can sit, nearby?”

Mina pointed at a nearby park area on the Temple Grounds. Shae walked over there finding a bench and sat down on it getting ready to relay all the historical information that her parents told her. With some independent researching on Shae’s own accord due to her distrust of her parent’s embellishing.


A Mirialin Padawan walked into the library looking around for Madame Jocasta. When she spotted her she approached at a quick but patient pace. Her eyes glancing around at the almost empty archives as she got closer. “Madame Nu.” She said in a hushed voice.

"Ah young Baris, what brings you here?" Jocasta asked.

“Someone has broken into the Temple, we do not yet know what they are after.” Baris whispered, keeping it so low that Madame Nu could hear her with how close Baris was. “Keep your senses open.”

"No one has broken into the Temple in years...well, no one of suspicion has been here." Jocasta responded. Baris glanced around before saying. “Even Master Yoda has sensed a disturbance within the Temple.”

"I sense nothing nearby. No one would have gotten past me now run along and warn the others." Huffed Jocasta. Baris nodded her head before hurrying off just as a Jedi snapped. “Look youngling, I said I was fine. Now let me go about my business.”

The Jedi moved past Ahsoka with her hanging her head. Kory approaches her from one of the stacks looking at the Jedi as well. She looked at Jocasta before moving to check on Ahsoka.

"Something is up with that Jedi." Ahsoka told Kory, crossing her arms. Kory nodded her head saying. “I noticed. Are you alright?”

"Yeah I'm fine, we should probably follow to see where they're headed." Ahsoka answered, looking in the direction the Jedi ran. Kory nodded her head as she took a deep breath. “I will be ready to treat any injury.”