• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,035 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,035

Body Swap

Chapter Twenty Seven: Body Swap

Rainbow Dash laid in bed, her eyes glued to the ceiling. She was hesitant to sleep, she was excited and yet fearful of what Anakin had suggested. She loved the idea of having her fellow recruits work with the Clones and understand what it meant for them to serve the Republic. ‘And yet I don’t want them to get hurt.’ Rainbow Dash thought rolling onto her side as she shut her eyes tight. Her body relaxed as a hand soothed her hair.

“Good night, Ace.”

Eyes opened, meditation, yes I was meditating. ‘No, I wasn’t… I just went to sleep. Wait, where am I?’ Rainbow Dash felt her body move. ‘Wait, this isn’t me. I’m not this tall and I can’t feel my wings. Who’s body is this and am I in control?’ She found out pretty quickly that she wasn’t. Though the movement was quick she found herself kneeling and a deep voice speaking. “My master, I have arrived at your request. What is it?”

Rainbow Dash knew she had heard this voice before as a hologram appeared saying. “The Jedi are searching for artifacts of great power. They are using a creature to locate and retrieve the shards of this artifact.”

“A creature my Lord?” The man asked. “And I have heard rumors of these shards, what exactly are they?”

“An alien known as an Equestrian.” explained the hologram, Rainbow Dash knew that they were talking about her. “These shards were once a blade that a servant of a Sith Emperor had wielded.”

“We cannot allow the Jedi to get ahold of these shards. Them gaining these artifacts could potentially prove harmful to our cause.” The man said in response. “What would you have me do, my master?”

“I have managed to gleam the location of one of the shards. I want you to retrieve it.” the mysterious lord ordered a frown on his face. Rainbow felt like he was staring at her.

“Shall I inform General Grevious of this?” the man asked back. “The war has not allowed me to move about so freely, so if he’s in a better spot perhaps he can retrieve it.”

“The abilities of these shards are unknown. I do not want him to mess it up.” the lord said as he began to think. “Use him as a distraction to keep the Jedi’s eyes off of you.”

“Yes Lord Sidious, it will be done.” The man said as he stood up off the ground. “Where am I to go?”

Worry filled Rainbow Dash’s mind after hearing this exchange. The man’s eyes narrowed as he answered. “You are to go to Nathema, however first we will need to rid you of a spy.”

“A spy? Where?” The man asked looking around, trying to feel a presence with the Force. “I can feel nothing.”

Rainbow Dash’s worry turned into a panic, knowing now that her presence was known but didn’t know how to get away. The man lifted up his hand and Rainbow Dash felt something flood through her as if pushing back. Her instincts kicked in and she held on tightly not knowing what that could cause. Her mind was overwhelmed and she blacked out.

When Rainbow Dash came to she was on the ground, she groaned holding her head. Pushing herself up with one hand she opened her eyes seeing a long sleeve. ‘Wait, that’s not right, the only long sleeved outfit I have is my uniform.’ she thought, taking quick note that her hand was larger as well. She pushed herself to her feet looking for a mirror. What she saw stunned her, she wasn’t her, but Dooku. She had sworn to herself that it had been a dream when she had first met him. Yet even with that one moment she had formed a bond of somesort. ‘This does explain how I connected to Slick.’ she thought, looking at the facial hair. ‘Though for an older human, I think he has a fashion sense that even Rarity could appreciate. No, don’t go there Rainbow, you have to find a way back to your body!’

Taking a step back from her mirror Rainbow Dash thought about the conversation. If she was in Dooku’s body, that would mean she was far from the Republic. Not only that but he was to give Grievous instructions, which meant she had to act like Dooku. ‘Only one problem with that. I don’t know how to act like Dooku or know any of their plans.’ she thought, she felt her stomach twist into knots. ‘I don’t know if I can do this. How can I play the villain? I don’t even know how long I’m going to be in this body for! What if that Sidious guy contacts me? I don’t know their actual relationship? Now that I think about it, what do I know about the Separatists other than what I was told?’

Rainbow Dash moved to the only window in the room and peered outside. She clasped her hands behind her back like she had seen Dooku do before. The movement felt natural as she looked out at the planet. She couldn’t see much with the green tint to the window but she saw the shapes of trees. She sighed a bit, shaking her head. The door slid open behind her and she turned her head slightly remembering the subtle movements that Dooku had. A pale bald woman with tattoos on her face entered bowing slightly. Rainbow Dash wracked her head for a name, only one seemed to come forth.

“Ventress.” Rainbow Dash greeted returning to her original position.

“Master, she has arrived and is wishing to speak with you.” the woman replied, her voice a smooth hiss. “Shall I bring her in?”

“No, see to it that she is properly accommodated. I am not of my right mind today and will be returning to my meditation.” Rainbow Dash told her, she prayed it was the right thing to say. She dared not look back.

“Yes, Master.” Ventress replied before leaving, once the door slid shut Rainbow began to pace once again. ‘I need to find something to figure who that Ventress lady was talking about. Ooooor this is my chance to sneak out and get a glimpse of the Separatists. Hmmmm, cloak… closet.’

Rainbow Dash took her time searching the room and the next just turned out to be a study. Opening the door Rainbow Dash poked her head out looking around before heading down the hallway.She kept her back straight not turning her head to look at anyone who passed by but kept an eye on everything. That was when she noticed a golden trail upon the ground, taking a chance she decided to follow it. The first place it led her was Dooku’s room, which was sparse and elegant in its nature with another large window. Finding the closet was a bit more difficult but once she did she ran her fingers across each of the cloaks. ‘Does he have anything that isn’t expensive?’ she thought before finding one. Plucking it off she put it on and brought up the hood, it did cover most of the clothing underneath. ‘Except for the boots, those need to get changed.’ she thought before once again searching through Dooku’s closet until she found one that wasn’t as fancy and slightly weathered. Though they seemed to be buried farther back. Once she was sure that no one would recognize Dooku at a glance she began her quest to sneak out and see the Separatists. She just hoped that Dooku wasn’t messing things up too badly in her body.


“Does something seem different about Rainbow Dash to you?” Tank asked Crossbones as they listened to Rainbow Dash struggle to get changed.

“Other than the situation seeming familiar to me… no.” Crossbones replied, eating his food. “She has never been a morning person.”

“True.” Tank nodded his head before calling to Rainbow Dash. “Did you want us to keep some food warm for you?”

“Yes, please.” Rainbow’s voice called out stiffly, Tank shrugged his shoulders as he finished up. Plating up some food and putting it in a warmer.

“See you later!” Crossbones said as the two headed out for their next assignment. Rainbow Dash’s head poked out from her room a frown on her face. “Cursed clones, they are too clever for their own good. I should stay here today and figure out what has happened.”

Bringing one of Rainbow’s wings forward he hummed under his breath saying. “If she is smart she would return to the Republic and turn me in.”


Rainbow Dash walked around the city on the planet known as Onderon. Her eyes glancing around at the people who didn’t pay her much mind. She had managed to find and fly Dooku’s ship here and hid it in the forest nearby. She saw that the people on this planet were just normal people, though she did not like the propaganda lining the walls. Half of them were insults about the Clones, yet she didn’t want to start anything. There was laughter and children running through the streets. It was actually rather peaceful. One of the kids ran into Rainbow Dash and looked up apologizing, there was no recognition.

“Your toy.” Rainbow Dash said, waving a hand as she knelt down before the child. “It’s broken.”

“Oh.” the boy’s lower lip began to quiver, offering a smile Rainbow Dash held out her hand saying. “I can fix it.”

The boy smiled handing her the toy, Thea had shown a few things on basic repair to Rainbow Dash. Thankfully the damage didn’t look too bad as she began to repair it. She had just completed it when her head started to spin. Flashes of her apartment and the city flickered before her eyes. The man whose face was covered by the robe. Laughter. She gripped her head before everything was settled and the sound of speeders passed by. She looked up, seeing her room, the sun setting upon Coruscant. She chuckled a bit before heading out wondering if she should say anything but figured Dooku wouldn’t be too happy with the situation she left him in. ‘I just forgot to do everything requested of him and took the day off. So that must have disrupted something.’ she thought happily a huge grin on her face, though her mind did wander to the city that she had. The people and the laughter, nothing felt off or seemed wrong. They were just living their lives just like the people here were as well. Propaganda included. She smiled at the food in the warmer and took it out ready for what seemed to be her first meal of the day.

Author's Note:

Another short chapter, but I have a misalignment and a sprain in my neck so I wrote what I could. Enjoy! I also hope you’ve been enjoying the fanfic so far.