• Published 13th Dec 2019
  • 4,463 Views, 58 Comments

Sombra in the Legion - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Shortly after King Sombra’s defeat, Grogar revives him again for him to rejoin the Legion permanently. Sombra will have a peculiar experience of socializing with other villains.

  • ...
3
 58
 4,463

The Final Gathering

The Treacherous Trio were together on a round table outside of their chambers. They each had a fairly decent conversation with the king of shadows the outcome of which they didn’t expect. They felt both curious and anxious about what would happen next now that they are apparently in good terms with him.

“That was unexpected. I thought things would turn out to be the same.” Tirek spoke. “I do wonder how Sombra will work with us as a team.”

“I’m quite sure he will be the same old tyrant but with...acquaintances this time. Honestly, it just feels strange and unnatural to work with those who are supposedly equals unlike having minions who do your bidding.” Chrysalis added.

“Can you guys imagine how those ponies will react to see Uncle Sombra by our side along with Grogar? They’ll be terrified as ever! They will crumble before us and worship us!” Cozy exulted, grinning.

“Indeed, they will, Cozy. I can already imagine sitting on one of the thrones of Canterlot and every mare in Equestria kneeling before me while they praise my muscles.” Tirek bragged while kissing his biceps. Cozy and Chrysalis rolled their eyes in annoyance.

“While you are at it, I will retake my stolen hive! Thorax will pay the price for his betrayal! And most importantly, I will take the greatest time of my life in destroying Starlight Glimmer! She will regret the day she took my subjects away from me!” Chrysalis shouted angrily.

“And I will take over the School of Friendship! Those six students will be so sorry they defeated me when I almost drained all of Equestria’s magic.” Cozy said, glaring at the ground.

“Well, it’s good to see my new friends forming their devious plans to take over Equestria.” King Sombra spoke. The trio turned to see their new comrade walking out of his chambers. “The Crystal Empire will be mine once again. Everypony there will acknowledge me as their permanent lord and master. Even Shining Armor and Candace will deeply learn their lesson to never defy me once I take good care of their precious Flurry Heart. I was almost about to—wait.” he interrupted himself.

“What’s wrong, Uncle Sombra?” Cozy asked.

“What are those over there?” Sombra asked, pointing to the mysterious prints on the ground. The four villains walked toward the prints to investigate. Once they got a closer view on them, they recognized them as paw prints in purple color. The paw prints glittered on the ground.

“Are those...paw prints?” Tirek asked as he looked around the lair.

“Purple paw prints. Is any creature in here?!” Chrysalis called out while igniting her horn. No answer came.

“Hmm, that’s weird. I don’t think wild animals are around here.” Cozy said.

“Let’s just hope that no creature seeks to harm us before we are ready to take over Equestria.” said Sombra.

After several moments of silence, Grogar came back with an evil grin on his muzzle. “I have returned, my allies! Today is the day we finally take our revenge on Twilight Sparkle and her friends! I myself have just retrieved my Bewitching Bell!” he exclaimed while holding his ancient bell. The villains cheered for his accomplishment and for the announcement of conquest. “I assume that Sombra has come to peace with you all, yes?” he asked.

“Indeed, Master Grogar.” Sombra replied. “I’ve finally come to a conclusion that teamwork and unity will help us accomplish our goals in destroying our enemies and ruling every creature forever! This time, the ponies will not know what will hit them.”

“And in full gratitude, Grogar, we wish you the best as the returned Emperor of Equestria!” Cozy praised. The four villains then bowed before the Father of Monsters. The ram grew a large wicked smile which he hadn’t had ever since his defeat by Gusty the Great.

“Thank you all. Just as you have given me the respect and worship I deserve, so shall every pony and creature likewise.” Grogar then activated his bell before it rose in the air and rang. The bell shot its first wave at him and gave him all the magic he had lost a millennia ago. He maniacally laughed along with the other villains. Once they finished, they exited the swampy lair while Grogar led them.

“So, where should we strike first, Grogar?” Cozy asked. He chuckled before setting his eyes on Canterlot.

“Canterlot. Once we defeat the princesses, Discord, and the Mane Six, Equestria will be defenseless.” Grogar darkly spoke. Then they all left the area.

However, unbeknownst to them, a furry creature hid in the bushes while hearing everything they said. Once the villains were out of sight, it revealed itself as a black panther with a purple underbelly, purple paws, three purple stripes on either side of his body, and purple eyes. The panther looked on its paws which showed images of the five villains who left.

“Ahhh, so the legend is here...Grogar has returned. Dear old Grogar just won’t stop at anything, huh? He must be desperate if he needs mere weaklings to do his bidding. What a fool.” it spoke. “Well...I might as well just join the party. Once I destroy him and his pathetic lackeys, all of Equestria will be under my control.” The dark panther then wickedly smiled with his canine teeth showing.


TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Do you fellas smell...a sequel? I sure do! :trixieshiftleft: If you want to see what happens next, stay tuned and give me a watch. I’ll appreciate that. Thanks for reading this story!

Comments ( 27 )

The story has an interesting premise. Or, well, I guess the story is the interesting premise itself. Heh...Aah, I ain't funny.

Very Interesting, I hope there is a sequel. I am curious to see what happens next. Great job! :pinkiesmile:

Comment posted by TheClownPrinceofCrime deleted Dec 17th, 2019

9992748
Haha, thank you!
9992795
Thank you! Yes, there will be!

Considering what went down in the actual show, is Grogar here still Discord in disguise?

9993360
No, he is not. I had him as the REAL him.

For a moment I was suspecting Ahuizotl

I love this story! It's excellent.
I feel it deserves the Slice of Life tag, though.

10071858
Thank you! I appreciate that.
Although I’m not much inclined toward Slice of Life tags, you may be right.

10078998
I can kinda see it, but at the same time, not really

10079002
That’s fine. I felt like they didn’t give him much depth and character throughout the whole show. Very underutilized and wasted.

10079009
At least they gave him dialogue when he wasn’t in his shadowy form

10079021
That’s true...with a ridiculous voice.

10079026
Better than nothing. And I don’t really mind it

10079030
I’m glad they gave him more screen-time at least. That was something he barely had in season 3.

I AM SO PISSED! I HAD ADDED THIS BOOK TO FAVOURITES! I WAS GOING TO READ IT AGAIN, AND IT'S NOT THERE! CONFUSED, I GO TO LIBRARIES, AND THE BOOK IS ON MY 'NOT VERY GOOD' LIST! DUDE I AM SO SORRY!

10101197
Wow! That’s strange. That might’ve been a glitch or something. You’re all good, man!

10101306
Thanks pal! I was really worried that you would be mad.

I smell a cat-astrophe coming!

... I'll see myself out.

10299550
It would surely hit Luna worse honestly.

10299618
I don't get how did Sombra not even notice Spike's statue at the empire?

10299689
Such a waste neither them acknowledge Spike there.

This fic was very fun! I honestly was baffled by the way season 9 just got rid of Sombra instead of keeping him around. Such wasted potential. So I was more than on board with this idea. I did actually like his character though, despite many finding him "annoying", I found him quite amusing, so I'm glad you still went with the personality they gave him! This was very entertaining. I particularly love his dynamic with Cozy, its pretty endearing.

As someone who disliked how S9 changed him (TL;DR. Story for another day), I agree that re-reviving him as Legionnaire #4 could've salvaged it.
Would've made the changes feel like the writers were actually trying something new with him (as you're doing), not just forcing him to fit the premiere's need for a strawman.

Login or register to comment